There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF! Cut this dude!!! He cost us the playoffs!!!

Dude...relax, he's training camp fodder, most likely nothing more. We'll draft at least one CB, I'm sure of it. It could be in the 1st rd (w/#16/17 pick)...I like Donovan Warren and Kyle Wilson (Haden will be long gone). This is a very good draft for CB's.
Keith Smith definitely did play a part in costing us a playoff spot. However, Arnaz Battle's muffed punt against Houston was even worse. Battle also messed up on a punt return exchange with Brandon Jones in Seattle. Basically, we have missed the playoffs every year that we've had Battle on the team since his rookie year in 2003. We don't have to worry about this poison anymore and hopefully we will make the playoffs in 2010.
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html

if you're not joking then uh well lmfao

reading is fundamental
no worries guys, this cat will not be making the team.
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:

NO!!!! f**k man i was at that game!
This guy has cost us the playoffs....for years!

Originally posted by kronik:
He's signed for competition. It's very doubtful he makes the team.

indeed.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This guy has cost us the playoffs....for years!

Not really.

We didn't have a good enough team to make the playoffs his 1st 4 years. And in year 5 he wasn't even the full time starter all year long. Plus he played his best football to date.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by znk916:
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.

Delanie?????It's kinda hard when you are getting TACKLED before the ball gets there.....and to help matters no PI call when it was the most obvious PI call this season that the niners did NOT get and cost us 7 points because 4th and 1 instead on 1st and goal from the 1

Homie the ball hit him right in his chest you can make any excuse you want he dropped the ball.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Might as well throw in Snyder leading the league in giving up sacks and Sing burning up time outs so we can't challenge game deciding calls.

Though, I think Snyder's been a good trooper for playing almost every position on the line and Sing should be better this year. Hopefully, get a nice shiny RT this year and Sing has the first year burning of timeouts done with...

That and Frank's fumble at the Seattle 20 in the 4th quarter. I didn't understand why that CB was one-on-one with Butler in that situation. All three of those things cost us that game.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.

Gore fumbled....Cut his ass. He sucks!
9-7 misses the playoffs too so no he didn't cost us the playoffs.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html

Chico, don't be discouraged,
The Man he ain't so hard to understand.
Chico, if you try now,
I know that you can lend a helping hand.

Because there's good in everyone
And a new day has begun
You can see the morning sun if you try.

And I know, things will be better
Oh yes they will for Chico and the Man
Yes they will for Chico and the Man....

I haven't heard that in a HELL of a long time. God I'm ooooold!

~Ceadder