There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF! Cut this dude!!! He cost us the playoffs!!!

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,186
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html

Chico, don't be discouraged,
The Man he ain't so hard to understand.
Chico, if you try now,
I know that you can lend a helping hand.

Because there's good in everyone
And a new day has begun
You can see the morning sun if you try.

And I know, things will be better
Oh yes they will for Chico and the Man
Yes they will for Chico and the Man....


huh? homo
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Cost us the playoffs? What about the horrible O-line? Horrible playcalling? Horrible Nate in coverage?

Nate had one bad game, my word, if he would of played in Green Bay we would of won that game, especially since Brown and Spencer got abused by Jennings all day long. And our O-line wasn't horrible, mediocre is a better word, Green Bay, Washington, Oakland, Buffalo, now their lines were horrible. And the playcalling well ya, that was just ughhh, but hey I wanted Cam Cameron when we hired Mike Martz.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I doubt he'll be playing for us next season.

Probably not but maybe he'll be a decent addition like D. Strickland was a few years ago when we basically signed him off the street.
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html

same thing i thought, i remember him getting burned, i was like who the hell is that......damn you Nate Clemens, come back.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by znk916:
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.

Delanie?????It's kinda hard when you are getting TACKLED before the ball gets there.....and to help matters no PI call when it was the most obvious PI call this season that the niners did NOT get and cost us 7 points because 4th and 1 instead on 1st and goal from the 1
  • Nyner
  • Member
  • Posts: 109
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Cost us the playoffs? What about the horrible O-line? Horrible playcalling? Horrible Nate in coverage?

Yeah....it was a lot more then Smith that cost us a playoff spot this year. I not to optimistic that next years play calling is going to be much better....
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,500
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Even if we won that game, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. 9-7 wouldn't have gotten us in.

+1

With tie breakers over Arizona and both teams at 9-7, yes we would have gotten into the Playoffs.
I'm sorry. It was I that cost the NINERS the playoffs. I did'nt wear my lucky shirt for that game or any other close game we lost. I'm sooooooooo sorrrrrrrry
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Even if we won that game, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. 9-7 wouldn't have gotten us in.

+1

With tie breakers over Arizona and both teams at 9-7, yes we would have gotten into the Playoffs.

Arizona finished 10-6.
If any one player could get all the blame for that loss, sorry, but I personally put it on Frank for dropping the ball. If he holds that, we run the clock and get at least a FG for the win.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Even if we won that game, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. 9-7 wouldn't have gotten us in.

+1

With tie breakers over Arizona and both teams at 9-7, yes we would have gotten into the Playoffs.

Arizona finished 10-6.

probably not considering we would've won only 9
  • soao
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 59
We were on the 11 yard line with 52 seconds left before OT. We should have run out the clock and taken our chances with over time. Sing lost that game.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by znk916:
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.

dont start that again...

everyone whined about crabtree, and later we found out due to the pressue, smith released the ball before crabtrees route was over, and he didnt see the ball in time to react. he wasnt ducking a hit.
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by znk916:
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.

okay there is no way u cant admit that was the BIGGEST pass inference on Delanie
so dont even bring him up in this thread.

heh... inference. i pick up what you are throwing down (but the dual meaning is funny nonetheless). that game was a "perfect storm" of missed opp's. pure team loss, with some help from the officials.