LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Superbowl XXIII 1989 on NFL Network Now!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i totally forgot cris collinsworth played for the bengals lol.. i hate that f*cker
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i totally forgot cris collinsworth played for the bengals lol.. i hate that f*cker

Collinsworth, 2 Super Bowl appearences, two losses to the 49ers

Rice should have scored 2 plays prior if Taylor would have blocked his man.

It's a shame Walsh retired after this game. No offense to Seifert because he did win two more SBs but Walsh was so innovative during his day.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Also...anyone who thinks Roger doesn't belong in the HOF...watch what he does in this game. He was a f*cking beast.

Totally agreed! If it wasn't for Rice's great game, Roger would have been the games MVP!
It was a total shame that the following season Jeff Fuller broke his neck...He could have had a HOF career and with Lott they could have been the best safety combo in NFL history!
Krumrie tried to trip him, that's why he got hurt. He stuck his leg out.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Rice should have scored 2 plays prior if Taylor would have blocked his man.

It's a shame Walsh retired after this game. No offense to Seifert because he did win two more SBs but Walsh was so innovative during his day.

I've always gotten the impression that the players didn't really care for Seifert.

It's replaying right now BTW for thsoe who missed it the first time. NFL Network is reairign a bunch of the old Super Bowls. They had Superbowl III on earlier in the week.
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
It was a total shame that the following season Jeff Fuller broke his neck...He could have had a HOF career and with Lott they could have been the best safety combo in NFL history!

Keep on eye out on his son down at Texas A&M. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4Jb1xDlLE
I remember this game well. I was deathly ill and slipping in and out of consciousness. My mom came in and made me snap out of it and watch in the 4th Qtr because of what was happening.

Needless to say I felt a little better at the end of the game.
DV-R is my friend. Loved every bit of it.

Originally posted by linkboy:

And he is STILL bitter.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

And he is STILL bitter.

Very bitter. He even makes no attempt to hide it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

And he is STILL bitter.

Very bitter. He even makes no attempt to hide it.

haha it is so obvious that he hates the Niners.
Touchdown, John Taylor!!!

"John Taylor, who sells cars for Reggie Jackson in the off season, has just hit the homerun for the 49ers." I always loved that line. He must have been waiting all day to say that.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:57 AM ]
This is my favorite football game of all time. Lord knows how many times I've seen it.

To be brutally honest, the Bengals outplayed the 49ers in this game and should have won the game.

Lastly, this DVD set should be in every 49er fan's collection

All 5 Super Bowl (actual TV broadcast) for $25 is a steal.

i got that a couple months ago. it was on sale at deepdiscount i think...anyways, i paid 21 bucks after shipping, so it was a steal. now its around 30 bucks everywhere i look online.
Share 49ersWebzone