LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Most impressive game of the season? W or L

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most impressive game of the season? W or L

• Chico
  • Veteran
To me, the Colts game was the most impressive because they took this years AFC Championship to the brink and should have won. They punched them in the mouth and it took the Colts a fluke play to beat the 49ers. I really liked Manusky's defensive game plan by playing 3-4 linemen that were standing up the entire time and sacked Peyton three times in the game...

thoughts?
The 2nd Cardinals game on MNF was the most impressive. They played great defense, savaged Warner all night, created a ton of turnovers and penalties, and we had some big plays on offense too (long run by Gore, big 3rd down conversion by Davis, beautiful TD catch/run by Crabtree).

They couldn't have scripted that night any better, IMO.
  • quann4
  • Info N/A
I agree the most impressive win was the second Cardinal game. Nothing was better than seeing a deep playoff team offensive juggernaut get destroyed by our young defense. It was a sign of things to come. The coming out Party of Amad Brooks and Dashon Goldson. It was nice to also see Crabs make a nice catch over the middle.....I mean he snagged that thing like it was food & water in the middle of Haiti.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
The 2nd Cardinals game on MNF was the most impressive. They played great defense, savaged Warner all night, created a ton of turnovers and penalties, and we had some big plays on offense too (long run by Gore, big 3rd down conversion by Davis, beautiful TD catch/run by Crabtree).

I vote Vikings game cause we held our own against a power house...
we should have won this game but it impressed me the most!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

I agree. We've always played very well against the Cards. The Colts game was impressive but I felt they played down to us at the time - coming out flat and Manning playing the worst game of the season and we STILL lost to them. Some of it was the scheme but most was just him and them playing down to us, IMHO. So, I go with the Vikings game b/c both teams played great and to the final second!
Originally posted by NCommand:

I agree. We've always played very well against the Cards. The Colts game was impressive but I felt they played down to us at the time - coming out flat and Manning playing the worst game of the season and we STILL lost to them. Some of it was the scheme but most was just him and them playing down to us, IMHO. So, I go with the Vikings game b/c both teams played great and to the final second!

was a very exciting game til' the last play!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Thanks Ghost for making my post easier
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

was a very exciting game til' the last play!

The best thing about the Vikings and Colts games were that we "almost" did it on the road against playoff teams and we could have won those games. I think if the Vikings didn't win on that fluke play, it was early in the season which would have given our young team a huge boost of confidence for the rest of the season.

oh well, would've, should've, could've

Colts WITHOUT BOTH starting ot's, Clements
Minn WITHOUT GORE

on the road....either of those games at home would of been victories.......great performances but the OWNING of the Cards at our home was sick.....the D and Gore were downright the best of the season.

That run by Gore where he was hooked around the neck and still kept going for 40 yards was in my opinion the best run of the year.....almost any other running back would of went down.....Gore is a stud
Share 49ersWebzone