There are 250 users in the forums

London suggestions - Travel / Accom / Food / Beer etc

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Glasgow49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Anyone find good airfare prices yet? I would like to buy a ticket for less than $500, roundtrip from anywhere in US, or else I will just try to fly standby!

$500 at current rates is £325, no chance of getting a return airfare from the West Coast of the US to London for that. A very quick look at a flight comparison website like kayak.co.uk shows return fares from London to San Francisco start around £450 which is around $700.

To the best of my knowlege the art of flying standby is all but dead now, better to book in advance.

the best I could find was about $650 roundtrip from JFK to London + 140 roundtrip from SFO to JFK

or

about 800 round trip from SFO to LON.

But this was all some time ago
Kayak has US airways for $720 with one change or $753 for Virgin (direct), based on Weds to Weds.

Continental quite often has offers via Houston.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
damn that's a lot of money for a plane ticket. Thank God i'm already over here
yer im glad to be in uk for the visit but i plan on saving for a trip to san fran within next 2 years so i put my hands up to all the fans who are travelling over for this game itis a very exspencive trip to make in pretty short notice
Anyone find good airfare prices yet? I would like to buy a ticket for less than $500, roundtrip from anywhere in US, or else I will just try to fly standby!

That's gonna be tough. The best you could do now is mid 600's from the East Coast.
So, here's the story. I'm a season ticket holder who missed the deadline to get tickets to the game in London. I've finally decided that I'm going to make it over there for the game, and need to get 2 tickets to the game. Please let me know if you have any that your willing to part with for a reasonable price for a diehard Niners fan.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

That's gonna be tough. The best you could do now is mid 600's from the East Coast.

Guess I will just keep watching ticket prices!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Someone help me find a cheap ass hotel please... close to the center of town.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
damn that's a lot of money for a plane ticket. Thank God i'm already over here

I paid $5K for a connecting flight from SFO-LAX-Heathrow.

This was business class.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Is Newcastle popular in the UK? I seriously love this stuff:

this is great, my favorite beer, also a big fan of tetley's

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kfKGse6Suic/SVprLfHcpeI/AAAAAAAAAMg/zn6Dtd1R1VI/s400/TetleysAle.jpg

Anyone know where I can find info. on the overnight train from London to Paris? Thanks!
Originally posted by Chief:
Someone help me find a cheap ass hotel please... close to the center of town.

have ya tryed www.bridgeparkhotel.co.uk rooms per night only 35 pound but donno if many rooms left is a mile from wembley stadium
Anyone find a good hotel? Or has a list of quality hotels?
Anyone know where I can find info. on the overnight train from London to Paris? Thanks!

Eurostar is the company you need for that.

If people need places to stay I often use http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/ as that gives smaller, independent places. May not be as good as some of the others but it will be a bed. And the breakfasts are normally better in these places... :)
Subject: Lunch in London

This is a good place to announce an informal get-together for fans attending the Denver game in London. Arrangements have been made to have a no host lunch of the Niner Faithful on Saturday, October 30 at Noon at Waxy O’Connors, an Irish pub located at 14 – 16 Rupert St, London. http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london. Waxy O’Connors is near the Piccadilly Circus tube station which is on the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines. We have tentatively been given the Dargle Bar room with a capacity of about 50. If we have a lot less we’ll be given some nearby tables; if we have more, we’ll overflow into adjoining areas. Seating will be first come-first seated. The major bloggers have been invited and so far Messrs. Barrows (SacBee), Brown (MercNews), Fucinello (Niner Nation) and Maiocco (Comcast) have indicated they’ll be there if schedules allow, and Eric Branch (Press Democrat) is also a possibility. Please [/u]indicate how many in your party intend to participate by sending an email to [email protected] as soon as possible. We need a reasonably accurate headcount soon in order to save the room. Your email address will be retained in case it’s needed for later updates regarding the event.

“Londonniner” --- the organizer
Share 49ersWebzone