LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

London suggestions - Travel / Accom / Food / Beer etc

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Glasgow49er:
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
30 mins flight i live in scotland and flights longer than 30 mins although im taking the long trip on megabus friday night ta get there saterday at 7am cheapest rout for me so i got more money for beer

Thats dedication/lunacy right there? Megabus to London will be hell on earth, I'd recommend necking a half bottle first

lol trust me im takin my laptop good thing megabus now got wifi but from aberdeen to london is a hella journey done it once before and said ide never do again but nfl ide swim 1000 miles ta get ta a game so over night on megabus is nothing

From Aberdeen! I was ready to top myself after I got the Megabus up there from Glasgow

yer add nother couple hundred miles lol why im getting night bus i may be able ta sleep lol
  • mod
  • Veteran
30 mins flight i live in scotland and flights longer than 30 mins although im taking the long trip on megabus friday night ta get there saterday at 7am cheapest rout for me so i got more money for beer

Thats dedication/lunacy right there? Megabus to London will be hell on earth, I'd recommend necking a half bottle first

lol trust me im takin my laptop good thing megabus now got wifi but from aberdeen to london is a hella journey done it once before and said ide never do again but nfl ide swim 1000 miles ta get ta a game so over night on megabus is nothing

From Aberdeen! I was ready to top myself after I got the Megabus up there from Glasgow

yer add nother couple hundred miles lol why im getting night bus i may be able ta sleep lol

thats a long drive dude, is it a straight shot or do you have to stop in Glasgow, Birmingham, etc?
Originally posted by modninerfan:

thats a long drive dude, is it a straight shot or do you have to stop in Glasgow, Birmingham, etc?

goes from aberdeen to dundee to glasgow then streight down from there

it is a 12 hour journey
7.15pm leaves Aberdeen bus station 7.05am arrive in london
[ Edited by crazzyscotsman on Jul 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
anybody know how to get tickets? or am I SOL?

I might have 1 available. I bought 2 but I'll probably be going by myself.

you should hook it up! How much did you pay?

I payed £80.00 each for them which comes out to about $140 but, I can give a Zoner Discount and sell it for about $100.

ads_2006 has first dibs but I havent heard from him in awhile. He wasnt sure if he had any time to go.

You pretty much have a guarantee here if ads doesn't want it. I will definitely be going to London and the greenman thing, but if I can't get a ticket then I will just watch it at the hotel.

Yeah, I'll send ads a message to see if he is still down to go or not. Here's my dilemma though... I'm leaving for Europe 17 days before the game. And so if I dont get the tickets before I leave I'll have to switch the shipping location to London. If I reserve my hotel room well in advance I'll just send it there. If not I've already talked to a person in London who can hold them for me till I arrive, but that is plan C.

As long as you get them about an hour before the game starts that's all that matters I'm excited now because I actually have a shot of getting in the stadium. My plan was to take a 30 minute flight and just land in London. Go to my hotel and chill there for a while. Then go to the greenman party and watch it there. I never realistically thought I could get a ticket. Scalping was my only option...hope everything works out!

30min flight? where are you?

I live in Germany. That's why it is an opportunity I cannot pass up. It is a really cheap flight for me and i'm really close to London

Hey mod have you heard from ads yet?
  • mod
  • Veteran

I payed £80.00 each for them which comes out to about $140 but, I can give a Zoner Discount and sell it for about $100.

ads_2006 has first dibs but I havent heard from him in awhile. He wasnt sure if he had any time to go.

You pretty much have a guarantee here if ads doesn't want it. I will definitely be going to London and the greenman thing, but if I can't get a ticket then I will just watch it at the hotel.

Yeah, I'll send ads a message to see if he is still down to go or not. Here's my dilemma though... I'm leaving for Europe 17 days before the game. And so if I dont get the tickets before I leave I'll have to switch the shipping location to London. If I reserve my hotel room well in advance I'll just send it there. If not I've already talked to a person in London who can hold them for me till I arrive, but that is plan C.

As long as you get them about an hour before the game starts that's all that matters I'm excited now because I actually have a shot of getting in the stadium. My plan was to take a 30 minute flight and just land in London. Go to my hotel and chill there for a while. Then go to the greenman party and watch it there. I never realistically thought I could get a ticket. Scalping was my only option...hope everything works out!

I live in Germany. That's why it is an opportunity I cannot pass up. It is a really cheap flight for me and i'm really close to London

yup... he's gonna be busy.

For sure you will be there? I dont wanna get stuck with an extra ticket I will be moving credit card points around so I can buy my ticket to London either today or tomorrow. You can pay me when you have your niner ticket in hand in London.
hey, it's just money

For sure you will be there? I dont wanna get stuck with an extra ticket I will be moving credit card points around so I can buy my ticket to London either today or tomorrow. You can pay me when you have your niner ticket in hand in London.

hey if ya dont sell ta em theres tons still looking mod couple begging on nfluk i garantee even if dont sell youl get money outside stadium or in green man
also they wont be on just now if its 2am in uk i think its 3am in germany he sould reply tomorrow
  • Silky
  • Veteran

yea i'll be there. we'll set up a time and place to meet later on
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Any suggestions to get cheap show tickets? Last time I was there, I saw Ms. Saigon and Cats (terrible show!) and thought both the productions were similar to broadway... do they have a place where you can buy same-day tickets, like the place in Times Square?

I think there is a place in Leicester Square where, if you get there early enough, you can get cheaper on the day show tickets...

• Glasgow49er
  • Info N/A
There is a cheap show booth in Leicester Square, always mobbed
weekend of international series this is whats on

Saturday, 30 October 2010
Arsenal v West Ham, 15:00

GREAT BRITISH TAILGATE PARTY 4 the green man hotel Wembley
SATURDAY 30TH & SUNDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2010

West End Shows performing
Sat 30 Oct 2010
http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/cgi-bin/calendar.cgi?mytemplate=tp305&00westend=west&00wk305=yes&order_by=event1&order=abc&records=10&page=1

UB40 — AT THE O2 EMPIRE
30th Oct 2010
O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, Shepherd’s Bush Green, Shepherd’s Bush, LondonRead more about UB40 -- O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire -- 30 Oct at www.londondrum.com

DISNEY ON ICE — 100 YEARS OF MAGIC
20TH OCT – 31ST OCT 2010
Read more about Disney On Ice -- 100 Years Of Magic -- O2 Arena at www.londondrum.com

lots other things youl find at
http://www.londondrum.com/events/?m=20100918
[ Edited by crazzyscotsman on Jul 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM ]
weekend of international series this is whats on

Saturday, 30 October 2010
Arsenal v West Ham, 15:00

GREAT BRITISH TAILGATE PARTY 4 the green man hotel Wembley
SATURDAY 30TH & SUNDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2010

West End Shows performing
Sat 30 Oct 2010
http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/cgi-bin/calendar.cgi?mytemplate=tp305&00westend=west&00wk305=yes&order_by=event1&order=abc&records=10&page=1

UB40 — AT THE O2 EMPIRE
30th Oct 2010
O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, Shepherd’s Bush Green, Shepherd’s Bush, LondonRead more about UB40 -- O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire -- 30 Oct at www.londondrum.com

DISNEY ON ICE — 100 YEARS OF MAGIC
20TH OCT – 31ST OCT 2010
Read more about Disney On Ice -- 100 Years Of Magic -- O2 Arena at www.londondrum.com

lots other things youl find at
http://www.londondrum.com/events/?m=20100918

Thanks for the links! Anyone got recommendations for musicals? Would be nice to catch a show while we are there since we always happen to miss shows when we visit NY
Anyone find good airfare prices yet? I would like to buy a ticket for less than $500, roundtrip from anywhere in US, or else I will just try to fly standby!
  • Glasgow49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Anyone find good airfare prices yet? I would like to buy a ticket for less than $500, roundtrip from anywhere in US, or else I will just try to fly standby!

$500 at current rates is £325, no chance of getting a return airfare from the West Coast of the US to London for that. A very quick look at a flight comparison website like kayak.co.uk shows return fares from London to San Francisco start around £450 which is around $700.

To the best of my knowlege the art of flying standby is all but dead now, better to book in advance.
Share 49ersWebzone