LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Only 1 9er on 2000s all decade team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/13784/nfc-west-spin-on-2000s-all-decade-team

This is a big dissapointment! Not that we've been very good this decade, but compared to players we've previously had this kind of hurts a lot.
  • mod
  • Veteran
barely too... TO was only with us for 4 years in this decade
I don't know how Shaun Alexander got the nod over LT for the all decade team. LT was all over the decade. Shaun Alexander=overrated.
Originally posted by nothing03:
I don't know how Shaun Alexander got the nod over LT for the all decade team. LT was all over the decade. Shaun Alexander=overrated.

Shaun might have gotten the nod NFCwise? I don't know but I would think that's why.

There aren't too many NFC Backs that had the kind of career numbers that Alexander consistently put up. The injuries are what did the guy in not his performances. So I think that you're overstating things just a tad.

In any case I tried to follow the link but Sando didn't put much of a list and whether they were inclusive of the AFC as well as the NFC.

~Ceadder
With the same O-line...Tiki Barber > Shaun Alexander easy
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/13784/nfc-west-spin-on-2000s-all-decade-team

This is a big dissapointment! Not that we've been very good this decade, but compared to players we've previously had this kind of hurts a lot.

This suprises you? Have you been watching our team for the past 7 or so years?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

This suprises you? Have you been watching our team for the past 7 or so years?

lol, true
I am just glad we weren't the worst team of the decade. We were in the running for awhile there.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by nothing03:

Shaun might have gotten the nod NFCwise? I don't know but I would think that's why.

There aren't too many NFC Backs that had the kind of career numbers that Alexander consistently put up. The injuries are what did the guy in not his performances. So I think that you're overstating things just a tad.

In any case I tried to follow the link but Sando didn't put much of a list and whether they were inclusive of the AFC as well as the NFC.

~Ceadder

Those are just players that played in the NFC West. I guess it's including Edge on the Cards not Colts and so on.

The Niners had 2 with Terrell Owens and Larry Allen. TO got about half of his TD's w/ the Niners, but Allen was only with us for 2 seasons.

Here is the full list:

Quarterbacks: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning

Running Backs: Shaun Alexander, Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, LaDainian Tomlinson

Wide Receivers: Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens (1996-2003)

Tight Ends: Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez

Fullback: Lorenzo Neal

Offensive Tackles: Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, William Roaf

Offensive Guards: Larry Allen (2006-2007), Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson, Will Shields

Centers: Olin Kreutz, Kevin Mawae

Defensive Ends: Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Michael Strahan, Jason Taylor

Defensive Tackles: La’Roi Glover, Warren Sapp, Richard Seymour, Kevin Williams

Linebackers: Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Joey Porter, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, DeMarcus Ware

Cornerbacks: Ronde Barber, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Charles Woodson

Safeties: Brian Dawkins, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, Darren Sharper

Punters: Shane Lechler, Brian Moorman

Kickers: David Akers, Adam Vinatieri

Punt Returners: Dante Hall, Devin Hester

Kick Returners: Joshua Cribbs, Dante Hall

Head Coaches: Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy
[ Edited by mug0mug on Feb 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM ]

they love to hate you Terrell!!!

Willis > D. Ware
Bryant Young???

Patrick Willis???
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Bryant Young???

Patrick Willis???

I'm sure with Willis they just think he has not played long enough to be included and Young I guess they figured the 90s was his better decade being named to NFL 1990s All-Decade Team (Second Team)
hmmm, I count 2.
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
Larry Allen played for the 49ers during the decade, he even went to a pro bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone