LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Vernon disses Dallas Clark

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Their games seem so diffrent to me I really think it depends on what your looking for and what type of offense you run.

I dont think you can discount Clarks awarness and consistent hands. However in the right system Davis is a mismatch nightmare and a real deep threat/game changer

Also, dont forget that Davis unlike Clark has also had 4 diffrent OCs (Norv, Hostler, Martz, Jimmy). So his comfort level with routes and hot reads shouldn't be expected to be as polished as Clark.

Imagine what Davis could be like with a couple years in the same scheme with the same QB...........scary good.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/2502427.html

Seriously dude? He thinks his all around game is better than Dallas Clark? Honestly I think Clark is the best TE in the game. I like how Vern has gotten better, and he's not a cancerous player anymore, but part of me really wonders how much he's really matured. You don't go out and say that IMO, that your all around game is way better than a guy who is an integral part of a super bowl team and his stats are just as good if not better than yours. This isn't the first time he's said something either...

It's not a diss, it's the truth. Davis is THE BEST ALL AROUND TIGHT END in the game. Period.

There are linemen who wish they had Vernons blocking prowess. You like most people just made a major flaw in looking at receiving only. There is no other TE in the league that I would rather have honestly.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 31, 2010 at 7:15 AM ]
We're seeing the best Clark has to offer -- consistency, good hands, and tough catches.

In Davis we have -- speed, blocking (he worked himself into this btw, most was saying it's his weakness coming out), improved his catching skill, and did I mentioned the TDs

He certainly needs to improve his consistency and reliability, but he had shown the ability to improve into much more than Clark has to offer.

Seriously dude? He thinks his all around game is better than Dallas Clark? Honestly I think Clark is the best TE in the game. I like how Vern has gotten better, and he's not a cancerous player anymore, but part of me really wonders how much he's really matured. You don't go out and say that IMO, that your all around game is way better than a guy who is an integral part of a super bowl team and his stats are just as good if not better than yours. This isn't the first time he's said something either...

PAYTON MANNING

ALEX SMITH

Think about that for a second.
Originally posted by WINiner:

It's not a diss, it's the truth. Davis is THE BEST ALL AROUND TIGHT END in the game. Period.

There are linemen who wish they had Vernons blocking prowess. You like most people just made a major flaw in looking at receiving only. There is no other TE in the league that I would rather have honestly.

THIS

/thread
Originally posted by modninerfan:
as a receiving TE D. Clark is better and more consistent. But as a blocker, I think Vernon has him beat... So when Vernon says his Overall game is better, I think its debatable...

Dallas Clark is a great receiver but how much of his success is due to playing with Reggie Wayne, M. Harrison, Peyton Manning and having a pretty good O-line.

I'm not saying Vernon is better, like i said before I just think its debatable.

Agree.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
clark has manning for a qb

davis has smith/dilfer/hill

Very good point.
After one good year huh..........
Dallas Clark is Slot receiver who pretends to be a TE for probowls and allpro teams. Line both up on the end of the line and see who can take care of there responsibilities and still make plays. Vernon Davis was the best TE of 2009 period. IMO Josh Morgan is a better blocker then Clark.
Jeez its going to his head

Better than Clark LOL

Oh VD

Seriously? It wasn't like he was being cocky. He just said in his opinion his all round game is better than Clark's. He wasn't dissing him he was just stating what he thought. Try not to read into everything.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Clark never blocks, and VD has been a lazy and inconsistent blocker since he came out of his offensive shell.

so its a wash imo with the blocking.

Clark has better hands, better discipline.

VD has more raw physical talent.

honestly if VD was on the Colts, hed outproduce Clark with ease, but he isnt, and Clark has Manning, so Clark wins.

based on their situations and talents, Clark deserved the all-pro. he was almost as offensively proficient as Davis, and he didnt lead the league in drops like VD, or in penalties like VD.

Are you going to quote that misleading website again? The one that rates 10+ TEs as a better blocker than Davis? The one that rates Adrian Peterson as the 17th best RB and Ndamdi Asamougha as the 17th best corner?

Just watch the games and see how dymanic Vernon Davis is at blocking when he's not receiving, and not lazy as your opinion states.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Another reactionary thread in Niner Talk. He didn't diss Clark, he simply said that his game, all around, is better.

Is it egotistical of him to say that? You bet your ass, considering Clark is appearing in his second super bowl. Is it a fact? No, but Davis is certainly entitled to his own opinion.
He has no business stepping on the field if he doesn't have a high opinion of what he can do.

Vernon is 10 times the blocker that Clark is, he's faster, and he has just hit his stride as a receiver.

Clark is a great receiving TE. One of the best I have seen. As a pure offensive player...Clark is the man. As an all around TE, he's got some soft spots...most notably, blocking.

In my estimation, Vernon will end up being a better player (albeit with a bigger mouth) in the end, but he's not there yet.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WINiner:

Can Clark block Joey Porter one on one throughout the game??
Share 49ersWebzone