There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon disses Dallas Clark

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/2502427.html

Seriously dude? He thinks his all around game is better than Dallas Clark? Honestly I think Clark is the best TE in the game. I like how Vern has gotten better, and he's not a cancerous player anymore, but part of me really wonders how much he's really matured. You don't go out and say that IMO, that your all around game is way better than a guy who is an integral part of a super bowl team and his stats are just as good if not better than yours. This isn't the first time he's said something either...
  • mod
  • Veteran
as a receiving TE D. Clark is better and more consistent. But as a blocker, I think Vernon has him beat... So when Vernon says his Overall game is better, I think its debatable...

Dallas Clark is a great receiver but how much of his success is due to playing with Reggie Wayne, M. Harrison, Peyton Manning and having a pretty good O-line.

I'm not saying Vernon is better, like i said before I just think its debatable.
The only thing Clark has on Davis is he has more consistent hands and better awareness. Other then That Davis is alot better then Clark. Davis is just scratching the surface, Clark imo has peaked.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
The only thing Clark has on Davis is he has more consistent hands and better awareness. Other then That Davis is alot better then Clark. Davis is just scratching the surface, Clark imo has peaked.

Eh as a reciever I actually think Clark is a lot better. He's a lot more reliable and polished. Way better hands and a better route runner. Vernon's great too I just have a problem with him saying this about Clark, especially when Vern's the one sitting on the couch and Clark's the one preparing for the super bowl.
Clark - better hands.

Davis - better speed, explosiveness, strength, and blocking.

I guess he has point.
How often does Clark block? He seems like more of a slot receiver than a TE
dallas has better hands but other than that vernon is better. imo antonio gates is the best te
clark has manning for a qb

davis has smith/dilfer/hill
  • ndp9
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
How often does Clark block? He seems like more of a slot receiver than a TE

Funny you should mention...I actually thought was a slot receiver!
Clark never blocks, and VD has been a lazy and inconsistent blocker since he came out of his offensive shell.

so its a wash imo with the blocking.

Clark has better hands, better discipline.

VD has more raw physical talent.

honestly if VD was on the Colts, hed outproduce Clark with ease, but he isnt, and Clark has Manning, so Clark wins.

based on their situations and talents, Clark deserved the all-pro. he was almost as offensively proficient as Davis, and he didnt lead the league in drops like VD, or in penalties like VD.
Davis is faster, gets open more, stronger, better blocker better in every way except maybe route running and hands.

Davis is a game changer, Clark is not. Also, Clark has Manning passing to him and vernon does not have anything close to that.

Clark is safer but i would much rather have Vernon, especially since he helps the RUNNING GAME AND PASSING GAME! Dallas helps the passing game.....and that's it
Until Vernon learns how to get into an open zone and "sit" down,and how to get his head around when he's the hot read,and stops with all the drops,he can't hold Clarks Jock!
Dude.... Clark is not even close to the TE that Davis is. He's only better at catching and that's it. Don't forget that he also has one of the best offensive lines and one of the best QB's of all-time.
Btw, you should also change the thread title to: VD snubbed out of All-Pro team
So what. I like swagger. Let him have it. As long as he doesn't digress let him talk smack.