LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

The Shaun Hill story...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I especially like the part where he throws out "Matt Schaub" in his list of great QB's. When I think of Matt Schaub I think "there's a guy who's gonna be mentioned amongst the great names like Marc Bulger, Trent Green, and Elvis Grbac.

Meh.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I especially like the part where he throws out "Matt Schaub" in his list of great QB's. When I think of Matt Schaub I think "there's a guy who's gonna be mentioned amongst the great names like Marc Bulger, Trent Green, and Elvis Grbac.

Meh.

Why are you hating on Shaub, I would LOVE to have Shaub on the team.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Meh.

Why are you hating on Shaub, I would LOVE to have Shaub on the team.

Yeah, he can toss it around pretty good, but I just don't feel any heat of this guy. Actually, if Alex develops to his max potential, I think you may just get your wish if you know what I mean.

Meh.

Matt Schaub led the league in passing yards this year.
Originally posted by susweel:
Shuan Hill was robbed of the starting job. We proabably would have been in the playoffs had he remained the starter.

LOL hahaha.....good s**t
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Shuan Hill was robbed of the starting job. We proabably would have been in the playoffs had he remained the starter.

LMAO.

That is one of the funniest things I've read in the past week.

-9fA

I admit he pretty much sucks but he does manage to win more game then Alex.

say wha

Wins

S Hill
2007 - 2 (2)
2008 – 5 (8)
2009 – 3 (6)

A Smith
2005 – 2 (7)
2006 – 7 (16)
2007 – 2 (7)
2008 - DNP
2009 – 5 (10)

lol

How many games was each starting though?!

(Games Started)

You still laughing??

What’s funny is you taking this seriously. I was mocking the thread because it’s ridiculous just like I did with the 105 Alex Smith threads. I was also just picking on susweel when he said Hill wins more games than Alex which he clearly has not.

So if you want to take it to the next level fine here we go.

In 2005 Smith was the youngest QB EVER drafted. He had no business being drafted and had no business playing that year. When you have maybe the top 5 worst team of all times suiting up what do you do? You kill the kid to try to save your ass (thanks coach). He got lucky and won two games. Joe Montana would have been lucky to win two games on that team.

Where was Shaun Hill in 05? Oh yes he was ridding the pine for his 4th straight year as a 3rd string QB and finally got into a game to down the ball on the last play you go Hill!

In 06 Smith played every snap and won 7 games something that hadn’t been done since Garcia was taking snaps.

Where was Shaun? Oh yes holding the clipboard for Smith.

In 2007 Smith started the season with back to back wins and was 2-1 before the injury. What your shoulder is fine son rub some dirt on it and get back in there (gee thanks coach retard)

Wow Shaun played injury fill in and beat the Bengals by a td at home and TB by two points at home give the man a cookie.

IF Smith doesn’t get hurt the team wins 7-8 games in 2007.

Then thanks to coach retard Smith is lost for the entire 2008 season and we have to watch JTO’Turnover and the Guy who couldn’t beat him out in training camp fight over scrub time.

Again congratulations Hill you won 5 out of 7 games to crap teams because JTO’Turnover couldn’t stop throwing picks. No doubt in my mind if Smith is healthy and playing he wins those same games if not more.

Bottom line is that Shaun Hill is a career backup not that there’s anything wrong with that but to say he’s a better athlete than Smith is crazy. Smith is still one of the youngest QB’s in the league after his 5th season and has tremendous upside apposed to Hills one leg out the door.

I want to see the #1 pick prove his worth and let the clipboard holder do his job. In fact I wouldn’t be upset with them dumping Hill and drafting another 3rd string QB.

yep

[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:28 AM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Shaun Hill sucks

No, everyone else does.

Especially...............................................................
................................................................................................................
The guy with the polished nuts!
Hill 10-6

Smith 16-31

has he won more games than smith NO and Hill can't even spell Wonderlic so end of story

Okay, everyone on the zone knows I don't support Smith and I've tried REALLY HARD not to comment on these stupid threads because its pointless. Your responses are as stupid as they come though man and it just gets me going!

How can you argue that Smith is better than Hill by comparing how many wins each has and not consider how many games each has started??

Let me put this in terms you can understand; Smith has had an opportunity to play as the 49ers QB in 47 games now. Of those 47 games, he has failed badly by losing 31 times! Shaun Hill has gotten an opportunity to play in 16. Of those 16, he has won 10.
You still following??

As to the Wonderlic?? Hill scored a 25, but who gives a s**t about that?!? Here are some other's scores who's names I think you will recognize:

Tarvaris Jackson 19
Derek Anderson 19
Vince Young 16*
Dan Marino 15
Terry Bradshaw 15
Donovan McNabb 14
David Garrard 14

I'd take all of these guys instead of Smith in a heartbeat!

You'd take Tarvaris Jackson over Smith? Vince Young is even a stretch. Derek Anderson? David Garrard? C'mon man... I'm glad you aren't the GM.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

LOL hahaha.....good s**t

Would we have made the playoffs 2008 if he started the season then? Hmmm? Inquiring minds want, strike that, NEED to know...
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Meh.

Matt Schaub led the league in passing yards this year.

Don Majkowski, Mark Brunell, Jeff George, and Steve Beuerlein have all done the same. Good is not great.

Well i dont think his story is all that bad. I look at it like that eagles guy that made the team back in the day from tryouts, just not as dramatic.

Sat on the bench for 4 years as a backup, then came to us, starting as a backup, didnt do all that bad, then finally got his chance to start an actual season. He started out good, but then fizzled as the season progressed. *I'm not even gonna go there with the arm, or personal shots at the guy, cuz he is still on our team*.

So it's kind of the rag to riches, he finally got his shot, and thats all that matters. So i see him as a kind of success story to a degree. Just not the degree of starting QB.
.....i just hate these sad stories.
Share 49ersWebzone