LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

The Shaun Hill story...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smith is a nice guy and all, but he's not the answer.

I'd trade both our firsts for Mcnabb in a heartbeat. A proven star at qb does not come around very often or at all for some teams. You've got to go out and get it when that window of opportunity is there.

Also, when we find a better solution than Smith we don't have to commit to our current below mediocre option at OC just because for the sake of continuity.Sorry Raye, but i was not happy with your play calling in any one game this season. You don't got it.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by susweel:
Shuan Hill was robbed of the starting job. We proabably would have been in the playoffs had he remained the starter.

Shaun Hill had one bad half, and he was demoted. Alex Smith had a bad half against Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis, and had bad games against Tennessee and Philly.

Youre kidding right? We couldnt do ANYTHING on offense with Shaun Hill.. If Alex Smith wasnt the Qb theres no way VD wouldve had his 13 TDs....

Shaun Hill alowed teams to stack 8 guys in the box because he couldnt throw further than 15 yards... that also shutdown our run..

Dude, not throwing a pass over 1 yard caused teams to stack the line...it was the playcalling! Yeh, Hill has a weak arm, but he proved he could make the throws when he'd been given the opportunity. (see: 2007 and 2008 before Raye).
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The name of my next thread:

People Like Syrup with Pancakes

Thread Body:

Since people like syrup with pancakes and most who watch and play football are people. The 49ers have three QBs on their roster who are people and they most than likely like syrup with their pancakes. Of those three QBs, Smith may suck and since Davis being QB AND a person who most likely enjoys syrup with pancakes, he's ready to do what all people who play and watch football do - START QB. It's BECAUSE he enjoys syrup with his pancakes makes his ready to play.

Oh yeah, Alex Smith sucks despite possibly liking syrup with pancakes because I've see no stats saying otherwise!

It's all about the syrup.... and pancakes. See?

You forgot to mention the blueberries. A qb without blueberries? Unthinkable

I like waffles. Does that make me a bad QB?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Shuan Hill was robbed of the starting job. We proabably would have been in the playoffs had he remained the starter.

Shaun Hill had one bad half, and he was demoted. Alex Smith had a bad half against Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis, and had bad games against Tennessee and Philly.

Youre kidding right? We couldnt do ANYTHING on offense with Shaun Hill.. If Alex Smith wasnt the Qb theres no way VD wouldve had his 13 TDs....

Shaun Hill alowed teams to stack 8 guys in the box because he couldnt throw further than 15 yards... that also shutdown our run..

And people think the alex smith lovers are blind. But alex can get sacked and then throw it past the first down mark hill can't even get it back to the line of scrimmage..

It wasn't one bad half, every single game he was in, he always took the check down. Took sacks for no reason, or skipped ducks off the ground to the WR's when they were wide open. (on 3 yard out passes)
  • Joe49er4life
  • Info N/A

ya okay lol hill was just plain bad.. his ten wins are incredible to me he had wobbily throws more than any other QB and had a very weak arm. alex got a higher completion percentage in more games than hill which is difficult.. hill never shoulda even been the starter
Both QBs wer 0.500. There are other issues than QB that play into that record, like you know, the rest of the team and it's holes.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
i like boobies
Originally posted by GEEK:
i like boobies

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Apparently in San Francisco, QB "greatness" is measured by the strength of your arm. Lets see, Shaun Hill gets us to a 3-2 record (should have been 4-1) with an ULTRACONSERVATIVE offense that featured nothing, and he gets canned.

Smith, on the other hand, has the offense tweaked multiple times, even to the point that our star offensive player (Gore) is put on the back burner, yet he still botches in the majority of the games he plays in (Tenn, GB, Sea, Chi, Phill).

Hill sucks because he has a weak arm and cant execute a bad playbook.

Smith is the next Montana because he can throw 10-15 yards further, still not being able to execute a playbook that has been tweaked multiple times in his favor.

Oh, and he only passed for 300 yards once in his career, and needs his defense to create 5-7 turnovers in order to execute a "complete" game.

Damn shame that old school Niner fans have disappeared, and now our bandwagon is full of half-assed supporters who base their support on looks, biceps, and jock size rather than the ability to quarterback.

Pathetic..........

see there was this Houstan game last year where Shaun Hill was so dreadful that he was benched with 70 yards of offense on 5 possessions. Then this guy Alex Smith came in the game and threw the ball for three touchdowns

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I see what you did there. A back door attempt to add another hate-Smith thread.

Izzle Befizzle Te Lizzle

i really hate you F@%$ that claim every single thread is a "Smith Hater Thread", Smith is a good QB, but good isnt going to cut it when you are a QB for the 49ers! When Smith fails to captivate the 9er faithful next season, I will be there to tell you "I Told You So".
[ Edited by prime21 on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM ]
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I see what you did there. A back door attempt to add another hate-Smith thread.

Izzle Befizzle Te Lizzle

i really hate you F@%$ that claim every single thread is a "Smith Hater Thread", Smith is a good QB, but good isnt going to cut it when you are a QB for the 49ers! When Smith fails to captivate the 9er faithful next season, I will be there to tell you "I Told You So".

what is that supposed to mean:

Pickett
Dorsey
Dilfer
Weinkey
Rattay
Hill
Osullivan
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Apparently in San Francisco, QB "greatness" is measured by the strength of your arm. Lets see, Shaun Hill gets us to a 3-2 record (should have been 4-1) with an ULTRACONSERVATIVE offense that featured nothing, and he gets canned.

Smith, on the other hand, has the offense tweaked multiple times, even to the point that our star offensive player (Gore) is put on the back burner, yet he still botches in the majority of the games he plays in (Tenn, GB, Sea, Chi, Phill).

Hill sucks because he has a weak arm and cant execute a bad playbook.

Smith is the next Montana because he can throw 10-15 yards further, still not being able to execute a playbook that has been tweaked multiple times in his favor.

Oh, and he only passed for 300 yards once in his career, and needs his defense to create 5-7 turnovers in order to execute a "complete" game.

Damn shame that old school Niner fans have disappeared, and now our bandwagon is full of half-assed supporters who base their support on looks, biceps, and jock size rather than the ability to quarterback.

Pathetic..........

see there was this Houstan game last year where Shaun Hill was so dreadful that he was benched with 70 yards of offense on 5 possessions. Then this guy Alex Smith came in the game and threw the ball for three touchdowns

Yes I remember that quite well. It was followed up by some great performances against Chicago, Tennesee, Philadelphia, etc.

Your point is..... ?
What a moronic thread..the zones collective IQ has been lowered a few points purely by its existence.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The name of my next thread:

People Like Syrup with Pancakes

Thread Body:

Since people like syrup with pancakes and most who watch and play football are people. The 49ers have three QBs on their roster who are people and they most than likely like syrup with their pancakes. Of those three QBs, Smith may suck and since Davis being QB AND a person who most likely enjoys syrup with pancakes, he's ready to do what all people who play and watch football do - START QB. It's BECAUSE he enjoys syrup with his pancakes makes his ready to play.

Oh yeah, Alex Smith sucks despite possibly liking syrup with pancakes because I've see no stats saying otherwise!

It's all about the syrup.... and pancakes. See?

pure comedy
Share 49ersWebzone