LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

Now the pressure is on Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
With Warner announcing his retirement that makes the niners the favorites to win the NFC west title mostly because all the other teams suck. Singletary now has the real pressure on him to produce a division winner and a playoff appearance. Anything short of that he will looked upon as a major disappointment.

Is it every one's expectation that the Cardinals can't win without Warner? Is that supposed to equal more wins for the Niners? I guess I just don't get all the excitement over Warner's retirement. The Niners swept them this season with Warner. Ok maybe we do it again with Leinert as their QB. How is that a benifit to the Niners?

As for Coach Sing, I believe he will get it done no matter what........ The Niners will win in 2010, and make the playoff's......
[ Edited by kemp_j on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by kemp_j:
With Warner announcing his retirement that makes the niners the favorites to win the NFC west title mostly because all the other teams suck. Singletary now has the real pressure on him to produce a division winner and a playoff appearance. Anything short of that he will looked upon as a major disappointment.

Is it every one's expectation that the Cardinals can't win without Warner? Is that supposed to equal more wins for the Niners? I guess I just don't get all the excitement over Warner's retirement. The Niners swept them this season with Warner. Ok maybe we do it again with Leinert as their QB. How is that a benifit to the Niners?

As for Coach Sing, I believe he will get it done no matter what........ The Niners will win in 2010, and make the playoff's......

Warner was a top rated QB that help lead the cards to a lot of road game wins. If leinart fails to do that, and we win out our division and take in 2-4 more road wins then warners retirement will play a big part in the NINERS taking the division. This in turn puts pressure on Sing to have to take the division and put us in the P/O or else face a lot of backlash. IMO anyways

Of course it doesn't mean more wins for us . . . especially since we swept them. But I sure don't expect them to be 10-6 next season, that's the point.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We need Alex Smith to take the next step. We need to win road games. We need to run the ball when we want to run the ball. Our defense has to hit you in the mouth.

GO 49ERS
I remember when Mooch was coaching and we made the playoff. I was kind of down because I knew we'd never get to the 2nd round. Hell, now I wish we could just be there so I could get that playoff feeling back.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
I remember when Mooch was coaching and we made the playoff. I was kind of down because I knew we'd never get to the 2nd round. Hell, now I wish we could just be there so I could get that playoff feeling back.

We made it to the 2nd round his last season here right? After beating the Giants. I loved Mooch. The guy should be coaching somewhere in the NFL. Esp if Cable, Lovie Smith, Chan Gailey, Tony Sporano, and Raheem Morris are head coaches. Goodness that list is terrible.
I hope the niners have a great Draft. That will be HUGE.

Go Niners!!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
We just can't f**k up this draft.

Yes, the 9ers can.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Division Domination 2010!!
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think we may be able to nab some Cardinals players since their hopes to win the title have been shattered.

Adrian Wilson!!!!

If only. The Niners will lack that big hammer at SS if Michael Lewis retires.. but it won't be Adrian Wilson. They signed him to a 5yr extension last summer, with $18.5 million guaranteed

Also, I have this uneasy feeling that Leinart may not be the patsy everyone thinks he is. He's had a while to sit behind Warner, and he could be ready to make something of his career. He won't be another KW (at least I hope not) but he could be better than the guy WE'VE got.
[ Edited by aiiyiiyiii on Jan 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM ]

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Of course it doesn't mean more wins for us . . . especially since we swept them. But I sure don't expect them to be 10-6 next season, that's the point.

I would be happy with a 10-6 record and a division title. Its been years since that has happened.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by smashmouth51:

We made it to the 2nd round his last season here right? After beating the Giants. I loved Mooch. The guy should be coaching somewhere in the NFL. Esp if Cable, Lovie Smith, Chan Gailey, Tony Sporano, and Raheem Morris are head coaches. Goodness that list is terrible.

truth, i dont know how mooch doesnt have a jerb.
My take.....If the retirement of Warner is our pressure point then we don't deserve to be considered the heir apparent. We beat the Cardinals twice last year. We don't have to "bow down'" to them.

This has been overflown in my mind by fans here, the media and the two MMs.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
No the pressure is on Scot McCloughan to get a decent QB on the roster.
right...especially because smith and hill arent sing's quarterbacks because he didnt draft neither of them.

we shouldnt care about the cards... what we have to care about is winning the must-wins, like that one against the seahawks.

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

The guy should be coaching somewhere in the NFL. Esp if Cable, Lovie Smith, Chan Gailey, Tony Sporano, and Raheem Morris are head coaches. Goodness that list is terrible.
it is terrible if you take out the emphasized guys...sparano does a good job in miami, lovie did a good in 08 and hopefully will do a good in 10, too.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM ]
If we haven't learned anything else, it's that nothing's guaranteed...our guys still have to go out there and win. 'Zona's offense will shift somewhat...they'll probably feature their running game more, but they still have their great receivers. Nobody will confuse Leinart for Warner...but, nothing says he won't step up and have a good year, either. Their QB issue could be depth...if Leinart goes down. If Singletary fixes the OL, brings in more speed/playmaking ability, gets a pass rusher and some secondary help, things should take care of themselves on the field. I really like his coaching hires so far...Kurt Schottenheimer, Solari, and now Ray Brown. He's gradually molding his coaching staff with experience that'll help him field the kind of team he wants. So, yeah, there'll be pressure, but it's there every season. With the right coaches and the right players, Coach can overcome it.
Share 49ersWebzone