LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Terrell Owens: I'd have stats like Jerry Rice...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
And perhaps Rice would have had TO's stats if he had TO's attitude.
Once again, TO shoots himself in the foot.

Can't be happy w/ what he accomplished, gotta complain about something. He'll never change.
IDK Let's look at the QB's he has had.

Steve Young- Enough said.
Jeff Garcia- Not bad at all, especially when he was with the Niners.
Donovan McNab- One of the best in the NFL even when he was there. (I don't understand the knocks)
Romo- Screw him! And screw the Cowboys!! That's all I have to say about that.

On the other hand, if TO had been on the team with Montana and Young, I don't know if we would have kept him (look at Romanouski and Hayley, both character issues and good players.) and if we did keep him we might not have had as good of teams because of his issues being a distraction.

Just my thoughts.
[ Edited by aclarke49 on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
"I know hands-down I'd be close to Jerry Rice's records if I had been with quality quarterbacks like he had," Owens told USA Today. "He had Joe Montana and he finished with Steve Young. That wasn't a dropoff.

"Say I had been with a guy like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees all of my career. Are you kidding me?"

Steve Young ('97-'98 )
Jeff Garcia ('99-'03)
Donovan McNabb ('04-'05)
Tony Romo ('06-'08 )

Trent Edwards ('09)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ('09)

Very good QB's he had throwing to him, it's his only fault he took himself out and ended up with Edwards/Fitz

And quotes like that will make teams think that he is a me-first WR, and won't put the team ahead of him.

A famous man once said the following: f**k Him.

And despite the records he does have, he'll be one of the last to make it into the Hall.

1st ballot HOFer.
Just let him know what I thought of him on Twitter. I dont expect a response.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
".... if I could catch the ball like him"

is all he should have said.

This

Jerry Rice never dropped the ball....TO almost dropped as mant as he caught

TO= fail
[ Edited by artiga1 on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by artiga1:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
".... if I could catch the ball like him"

is all he should have said.

This

Jerry Rice never dropped the ball....TO almost dropped as mant as he caught

TO= fail

That should get him in the HOF!
Rice retired as the leader in a number of statistics. His 1,549 receptions were 447 receptions ahead of the second place record held by Marvin Harrison. His 22,895 receiving yards were 7,961 yards ahead of the second place spot held by his Raiders teammate Tim Brown. His 197 touchdown receptions are 65 scores more than the 132 touchdown receptions by his former 49ers teammate Terrell Owens, and his 208 total touchdowns (197-p, 10-r, 1-ret) were 33 scores ahead of Emmitt Smith's second place 175.

To illustrate the significance of his 22,895 receiving yards, if Rice had not gained any other yards on rush attempts or kick returns, his 22,895 receiving yards would still rank him second place on the NFL's list all-purpose yard leaders (category based on combination of rushing, receiving, kick/punt return yards, and interception/fumble return yards).

Another example of Rice's dominance is his performance against Deion Sanders, considered by many as the best coverage cornerback of all-time. From 1989 to 1996, Rice and Sanders faced off ten times, with Rice compiling 60 receptions for 1,051 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns against Sanders's teams (this would project to approximately 96 receptions for 1682 yards and 18 touchdowns in 16 games). Rice's teams won six of the ten games. To Sanders credit, Deion had 4 interceptions for 58 yards and 0 touchdowns in those ten games. Rice played against Sanders's teams twelve times, but Sanders did not play in two of those games (once in 1992 and once in 1993).[5][6]

Rice is remembered for his work ethic and dedication to the game. In his 20 NFL seasons, Rice missed only 10 regular season games, 7 of them in the 1997 season, and the other 3 in the strike-shortened season of 1987. His 303 games are by far the most ever played by an NFL wide receiver, and are only 72 games behind the NFL record for games played by any player. In addition to staying on the field, his work ethic showed in his dedication to conditioning and running precise routes, with coach Dennis Green calling him "the best route runner I've ever seen." Also known as one of the best blockers at his position, there was no aspect of playing wide receiver at which Rice did not excel.

In 1999, he was ranked number 2 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, behind only Jim Brown, and Rice — 35 places ahead of the next-highest-ranked player

El Wiki
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jan 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
If he would have kept his mouth shut. He could have finished with very good QB's himself.

...and that's why everybody dislikes him.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
...and that's why everybody dislikes him.

Yep, after all these years I'm still glad the guy isn't on our team anymore. I think he's a grand 1 a*****e.
So it was the QB's fault that Owens doesn't have better numbers?

Oh. Ok.

Would have passed him for sure.... If he wasn't such an a- hole!!!! No qeustion about it.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=137309
Share 49ersWebzone