There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens: I'd have stats like Jerry Rice...

Quote:
"I know hands-down I'd be close to Jerry Rice's records if I had been with quality quarterbacks like he had," Owens told USA Today. "He had Joe Montana and he finished with Steve Young. That wasn't a dropoff.

"Say I had been with a guy like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees all of my career. Are you kidding me?"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012910dnspoterrell.c0f7e3bb.html

Steve Young ('97-'98 )
Jeff Garcia ('99-'03)
Donovan McNabb ('04-'05)
Tony Romo ('06-'08 )

Trent Edwards ('09)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ('09)

Very good QB's he had throwing to him, it's his only fault he took himself out and ended up with Edwards/Fitz
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
"I know hands-down I'd be close to Jerry Rice's records if I had been with quality quarterbacks like he had," Owens told USA Today. "He had Joe Montana and he finished with Steve Young. That wasn't a dropoff.

"Say I had been with a guy like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees all of my career. Are you kidding me?"

Steve Young ('97-'98 )
Jeff Garcia ('99-'03)
Donovan McNabb ('04-'05)
Tony Romo ('06-'08 )

Trent Edwards ('09)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ('09)

Very good QB's he had throwing to him, it's his only fault he took himself out and ended up with Edwards/Fitz

And quotes like that will make teams think that he is a me-first WR, and won't put the team ahead of him.

A famous man once said the following: f**k Him.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Quote:

Steve Young ('97-'98 )
Jeff Garcia ('99-'03)
Donovan McNabb ('04-'05)
Tony Romo ('06-'08 )

Trent Edwards ('09)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ('09)

And quotes like that will make teams think that he is a me-first WR, and won't put the team ahead of him.

A famous man once said the following: f**k Him.

And despite the records he does have, he'll be one of the last to make it into the Hall.
Hey TO...
If TO doesnt come back to the 9ers, he will play for the Patriots next year
".... if I could catch the ball like him"

is all he should have said.
Quote:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012910dnspoterrell.c0f7e3bb.html

Steve Young ('97-'98 )
Jeff Garcia ('99-'03)
Donovan McNabb ('04-'05)
Tony Romo ('06-'08 )

Trent Edwards ('09)
Ryan Fitzpatrick ('09)

Yep. Until this year every quarterback Owens' had has been in multiple pro-bowls. All but Garcia made it into pro-bowls when T.O. wasn't on the team. If Terrell hadn't been such a cancer at his first three stops he could have stayed-put and put up better numbers. Plus, Rice had much better hands than T.O.
Any WR would want to be on a team with Brady/Brees/Manning
In some ways -- I feel sorry for the man. Yeah -- I know his pain is self-inflicted. But, once a Niner -- always a Niner in my book. He was the last link to our glorious past. He took that baton from Jerry Rice -- the way Jerry took it from Freddie Solomon. He was poised for greatness.

And then? The wheels just came off Good Ship 49er. The Yorks entered the picture. The second coming of Captain Ahab -- T-Don -- was running the Good Ship into the nearest reef. And then there was T.O.'s Marvelous Mouth.

I don't think our fortunes would have changed much had T.O. become a "team first" kind of player. We had far too many wrong people in key areas making far too many wrong decisions. Perhaps he saw that. Perhaps he didn't. But he certainly punched his own ticket out of town.

Was T.O. good enough to wear a Championship ring? I don't think any Niner fan would doubt that answer. He was more than good enough. The man dominated games like Jerry Rice did in his prime. Could he have been another Jerry? Probably not -- but there's no question that he would have come close.

His time as a game-changer is up. If he's lucky enough to win a ring -- it won't be due to his efforts as a playmaker. No -- the only way he gets there is to be lucky enough to get on a team that takes him for that Championship ride.

I wrote to T.O. on his website when he left the Niners. That was a long time ago. I told him he was making a terrible mistake. And I predicted he was giving up his best chance to win a ring. He blew off my comment like so many others. He was wrapped up in his own little world back then.

I wonder now -- if he truly realizes the error of his ways -- and how terribly destructive he's been to team after team. Or -- I wonder if that realization will come long after he's left the game.

But he was the last link to our glory years. No doubt about it. We were truly gifted to have a run of some the greatest wide receivers to ever play the game.
an egotistical putz always blames everyone but themselves
  • crzy
  • Veteran
As a TO fan who always defends TO, I just have to shake my head at that statement.

Sorry, TO, but you need to shut the f**k up.

Yeah, TO should be in an episode of Chapelle Show's..WHEN KEEPING IT REAL GOES WRONG. lol
This guy has had some of the better qb's in the NFL throwing to him. I don't hear Tim Brown or Chris Carter making remarks like that who never got a Young or Montana in their entire careers. Jeff Garcia regularly threw him the ball. What T.O. 20 receptions in a game on Jerry's farewell day isn't enough for you?

Amazing...
He can say whatever he wants, it's not like it matters. Come home T.O!
Sigh, no one really understands Rice's accomplishments until they total the stats and average them out and figure out how long they need to keep up those stats for.

Marvin Harrison with Peyton Manning wasn't even close to being pace in even his best years.

Rice's accomplishments are amazing and TO would not have reached them.