LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers sign Jehuu Caulcrick to future contract...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For all of the fuss that some have raised about Morran Norris's limitations, and lack of an impact on our offense, we may have found our FB and short yardage back of the future in Jehuu Caulcrick.

I played High School Football against him in the Southern Tier of the vastly unknown Western New York (approximately an hour south of Buffalo). We both attended small schools in a rural region. He owns the state record book for RB's, including such players as Daryl Johnston (Moose from the 90's cowboys), Mike Hart (current RB for the Colts) and several others who have had successful NFL careers.

He ranks 2nd in TD's all time at Michigan State, and was good enough to keep Jevon Ringer, a much more versatile and speedy weapon, on the bench for his tenure.

He's big (6'0, 255 pounds), runs hard, blocks fairly well, and has decent hands out of the backfield. At the very least, he will be in competition with Norris and Brit Miller for a roster spot next season.

It's ironic that a guy I played High School football against in the middle of nowhere is now vying for a roster spot on my favorite team since childhood. Go Jehuu!!!!
I dont know man Britt Miller goes hard
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
I dont know man Britt Miller goes hard

So does Caulcrick.

Another pro is that he is coming from the Jets, who had the #1 rushing attack in football. There just were not enough carries to go around. He spent a little time with the Bucs too apparently.

Plus, he has worked with Jimmy Raye before. This move makes sense in multiple ways.

Here is an awesome read about his life story.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/08/william_perlmanthe_starledgerj.html
superbowl
Nice, maybe he can bring some versatility to the FB position like William Floyd & Tom Rathman did.
camp fodder.
He's no Zak Keasey, but he'll have to do to add more competition.

But really, that's a cool story. I'd like to see how well he does in pre-season and if he can make the team. Is he PS eligible?
championship
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
this was a story on the main page

about two weeks ago

Its a big jump to back up FB to making becoming a starter. We may pick someone in the 6th or 7th round who is better than the 3 amigos we have.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Its a big jump to back up FB to making becoming a starter. We may pick someone in the 6th or 7th round who is better than the 3 amigos we have.

he has never been a backup FB, he is has been a Practice Squad FB on 2 teams
It was two weeks ago that he signed him. From his point, the title should say we have our new fullback of the future. I'd like us to end up keeping Jehuu and Miller eventually instead of Moran. Jehuu may not be ready for the active roster so he'll likely end up on the practice squad (he's eligible).

KknighthawkK_9er, what high school did you go to? I went to Clymer, but many years before Jehuu.

The thing about Jehuu is he only started playing football in high school. They just gave him the ball and told him to run. He was a terror at 235 running a 4.4.
He really bulked up in college to 260. That effected his speed. Coming out he only timed a 4.6. He still was an effective runner in college especially short yardage. He had 21 TD's as a senior.

The NFL wanted to make him a FB. He didn't know how to play without the ball in his hands and block. He became a project as a FB, but has made progress.
He will be fortunate to get coached by Rathman. He has the physical skills and one of these years he's going to break out.

I can't believe someone from my tiny town of Findley Lake has a chance to make my favorite team. Awesome!!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
championship
Originally posted by jobiwon:
It was two weeks ago that he signed him. From his point, the title should say we have our new fullback of the future. I'd like us to end up keeping Jehuu and Miller eventually instead of Moran. Jehuu may not be ready for the active roster so he'll likely end up on the practice squad (he's eligible).

KknighthawkK_9er, what high school did you go to? I went to Clymer, but many years before Jehuu.

The thing about Jehuu is he only started playing football in high school. They just gave him the ball and told him to run. He was a terror at 235 running a 4.4.
He really bulked up in college to 260. That effected his speed. Coming out he only timed a 4.6. He still was an effective runner in college especially short yardage. He had 21 TD's as a senior.

The NFL wanted to make him a FB. He didn't know how to play without the ball in his hands and block. He became a project as a FB, but has made progress.
He will be fortunate to get coached by Rathman. He has the physical skills and one of these years he's going to break out.

I can't believe someone from my tiny town of Findley Lake has a chance to make my favorite team. Awesome!!

I went to Ellicottville High School (Cattaraugus County), where Holiday Valley (largest ski resort in NY state) is, and I teach High School Social Studies at Salamanca High School. I graduated in 2000. I was a senior when he was a...........sophmore I believe? Findley Lake is nice. Small world........

And for the naysayers, this is not a move that's going to put us "over the top", but it certainly can't hurt. I'm rooting for him either way!!!
Share 49ersWebzone