LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Alex Smith will be a Super Bowl Analyst on Feb. 7....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was wondering how long this would take to obtain its own thread... BBC announced it last Tuesday during a Championship weekend highlights show.

I'll watch the coverage and let you know if he says anything interesting / strategic / the plan for getting 4500 yds, 45 TDs and 0 ints for next season.

Seriously, I think it's good he's coming over - will get the chance to check out Wembley and build some profile ahead of the Halloween Special (When donkeys have nightmares...).

L9er

PS - 50
I am Alex Smith!

I got a 40 also. LOL!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by macombs:
I am Alex Smith!

I got a 40 also. LOL!

co host?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He's the QB of one of the teams playing in London over there next year, who the hell else do you think they would look for?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816084e0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Who in their right mind decided to pick Alex Smith to analyze the Super Bowl matchup between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning? Who the hell is going to listen to Alex Smith? Is this some kind of joke? They coulnd't have found anybody better than Alex Smith!? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

MY THOUHGS EXACTLY! I haven't laughed like that in a while. Did they listen to his post-game interviews?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'll be watching on BBC
Originally posted by valrod33:
He's the QB of one of the teams playing in London over there next year, who the hell else do you think they would look for?

Mike Singletary? Takeo Spikes? Joe Staley? Somebody who is more media savvy and will get more people interested in the 49ers. I like Smith as a QB but I do feel as though we've got more qualified people for this job.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Mike Singletary? Takeo Spikes? Joe Staley? Somebody who is more media savvy and will get more people interested in the 49ers. I like Smith as a QB but I do feel as though we've got more qualified people for this job.

They should have gotten the Minnesota Viking radio announcer and then he could shout something in the BBC booth like "...This isn't soccer...this is football!"
Who cares if he is smart!? Do you think Rodney Harrison is smart? Hell no. But he was a good football player, and therefore people will actually listen to what he has to say. The point is to have succesful players analyzing things. What good is it to have a not good player to analyze a matchup between two really really good quarterbacks?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816084e0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Who in their right mind decided to pick Alex Smith to analyze the Super Bowl matchup between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning? Who the hell is going to listen to Alex Smith? Is this some kind of joke? They coulnd't have found anybody better than Alex Smith!? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

He's warming up for his new gig, after he gets cut this pre-season!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Who cares if he is smart!? Do you think Rodney Harrison is smart? Hell no. But he was a good football player, and therefore people will actually listen to what he has to say. The point is to have succesful players analyzing things. What good is it to have a not good player to analyze a matchup between two really really good quarterbacks?

They wanted to have a QB from one of the teams that will be playing in London. And anyways this is being broadcast in the UK. Alex Smith has more than enough football knowledge to analyze a game for an audience who barely know what's going on as it is.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:

He's warming up for his new gig, after he gets cut this pre-season!

Tim Tebow will take over.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Joey Harrington is a pretty good football analyst for FoxSports radio.

Just sayin
First of all it's on the BBC which I doubt much of America will hardly see. He's also promoting the game for next year.I don't see a big deal about it.
Share 49ersWebzone