There are 221 users in the forums

Alex Smith will be a Super Bowl Analyst on Feb. 7....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816084e0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Who in their right mind decided to pick Alex Smith to analyze the Super Bowl matchup between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning? Who the hell is going to listen to Alex Smith? Is this some kind of joke? They coulnd't have found anybody better than Alex Smith!? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
LMAO HAHAAHHA, ROFL, LOL LULZ

stfu
  • mod
  • Veteran
He speaks clear and is easy to understand... but he is so boring to listen to
Originally posted by modninerfan:
He speaks clear and is easy to understand... but he is so boring to listen to

this
He's the QB of one of the teams playing in London over there next year, who the hell else do you think they would look for?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He's the QB of one of the teams playing in London over there next year, who the hell else do you think they would look for?

Yeah, this is a promotional gig so that the UK can get to know him, and the direction of the 49ers heading into training camp. A 49er was selected due to the fact that we're still pretty damn bigger than any team over there (along with Chicago and Miami). -49ers hats are pretty viral all over the UK (from what many of my friends overseas tell me), specially Japan (they worshiped us in the 80's and 90's).

-We're always highlighted on Sky Sports/Channel 4 (as a lot of our players appear on there for 'football-informational' segments).
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I was hoping he was one of the commentators for the game.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
heres a thought, how about you actually support your teams starting QB?

is Alex Smith on our team, or a rivals team? sometimes its hard to tell. our QB is going to be nationally recognized, remind me again why this is a bad thing?

i know its hard for some people to realize, but Alex Smith is a talented guy, he just hasnt gotten a chance to put it all together yet. hes no Manning or Brees, but hes a starting NFL qb, who is also capable of throwing 3 td's in a game against an NFL defense, so he CAN relate to those guys whether you admit it or not.

this fanbase has been spoiled rotten by HOF qb's for years. we barely supported Garcia, and he was a perennial pro bowl caliber player for a few years.

Smith seems like an easy going dude, is physically and mentally gifted, and hes the qb of the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS. he hasnt even been that bad when hes played given the circumstances, people are just ignorant.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Cool, maybe he will be good at it and can fall back on it once his NFL career ends in 2011.

I joke, I joke... Should be interesting.

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
LMAO HAHAAHHA, ROFL, LOL LULZ

stfu

• Fauqueirob
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Niners99:
heres a thought, how about you actually support your teams starting QB?

is Alex Smith on our team, or a rivals team? sometimes its hard to tell. our QB is going to be nationally recognized, remind me again why this is a bad thing?

i know its hard for some people to realize, but Alex Smith is a talented guy, he just hasnt gotten a chance to put it all together yet. hes no Manning or Brees, but hes a starting NFL qb, who is also capable of throwing 3 td's in a game against an NFL defense, so he CAN relate to those guys whether you admit it or not.

this fanbase has been spoiled rotten by HOF qb's for years. we barely supported Garcia, and he was a perennial pro bowl caliber player for a few years.

Smith seems like an easy going dude, is physically and mentally gifted, and hes the qb of the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS. he hasnt even been that bad when hes played given the circumstances, people are just ignorant.

...but wouldn't that make too much sense?
  • Fauqueirob
  • Info N/A
Perhaps analyzing two of the best QB's in the league will have a positive impact on Mr. Smith.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816084e0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Who in their right mind decided to pick Alex Smith to analyze the Super Bowl matchup between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning? Who the hell is going to listen to Alex Smith? Is this some kind of joke? They coulnd't have found anybody better than Alex Smith!? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

cause he's smart

Wonderlic scores

Drew Brees 28
Peyton Manning 28

Alex Smith 40

lets see how smart you are smart guy
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I got a 35

Share 49ersWebzone