LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Michael Irvin showing the 49ers a lot of love on the NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A good QB makes a good team great. You cannot win without a good QB -- unless you're the Baltimore Ravens. They are the one exception to the rule.

It's all on Alex's shoulders now. If he performs? We're in like flint. If he stumbles? Here comes another 8-8 finish.

The pieces are most certainly there. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

Time will tell.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
A good QB makes a good team great. You cannot win without a good QB -- unless you're the Baltimore Ravens. They are the one exception to the rule.

It's all on Alex's shoulders now. If he performs? We're in like flint. If he stumbles? Here comes another 8-8 finish.

The pieces are most certainly there. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

Time will tell.

Didn't the Tampa Bay Bucs win a SB with Brad Johnson?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Time will tell.

yeah, but he actually was a pretty good quarterback for several years

between 96 and 2003, he actually had some pretty good seasons....

[url=null]null[/url] http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=331

Time will tell.

I agree, the qb makes all the difference. (the sayings actually, "We're in like Flynn) as in the Actor, Errol Flynn.) Cause he was smooth on the ladies...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I love Irvin. He's the best WR ever.

Ever??? You ever heard of a guy named Jerry F$%king Rice??? LOL

best wr ever is Rashaun Woods

my personal favorites tai streets and jj stokes

Streets was a nice 6th round pick
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Deon's still pissed about getting PWND by Steve Young after that interception.

That was F@#%ING legendary!
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I saw this too. F*!K DEION! We will win the west next year i dont care if kurt is there or not!
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Deon's still pissed about getting PWND by Steve Young after that interception.

That was F@#%ING legendary!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Time will tell.

yeah, but he actually was a pretty good quarterback for several years

between 96 and 2003, he actually had some pretty good seasons....

[url=null]null[/url] http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=331

He had a good year in 2002 when they won the Superbowl and he was good in 1999. The rest are fairly meh.

Time will tell.

That defense was great and Johnson managed the games successfully. Our defense is good but far from "great." A good QB is a necessity unless you have an epic defense.

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for pelos21.
Was Deon Sanders covering Irvin in the 94 NFC championship game? If so did he shut him down? I dont really remember.
He also was heaping praise on Jerry Rice and said he wished he had followed JR's example as a tireless worker who never took time off trying to improve--he said that was why Rice is the best....

Time will tell.

We were a crap team the last 7 years. No QB was going to make s**t happen with the 9ers.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Michael sees a lot of himself in Crabtree...in his receiving skills, confidence, etc. He knows the kind of impact a receiver like that has on a team...I agree, with a full off-season, Crabtree should be one of the top receivers in the league next year. A huge key to that anticipated success will be an improved OL...I like what I've seen in Singletary's coaching hires...Solari and now Ray Brown are just what the Dr ordered. We need a new RT and an OG...as a minimum. Another piece is better RB depth...love Gore and I believe Coffee will show next year why he was drafted. Still, we don't have a speed guy nor a power RB. I'd love to see us get both...because establishing a consistent running game will only help Alex make a lot more plays downfield to Crabtree, Morgan, Hill and Brandon Jones. It all works together...

Frank is not a power back?
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Michael sees a lot of himself in Crabtree...in his receiving skills, confidence, etc. He knows the kind of impact a receiver like that has on a team...I agree, with a full off-season, Crabtree should be one of the top receivers in the league next year. A huge key to that anticipated success will be an improved OL...I like what I've seen in Singletary's coaching hires...Solari and now Ray Brown are just what the Dr ordered. We need a new RT and an OG...as a minimum. Another piece is better RB depth...love Gore and I believe Coffee will show next year why he was drafted. Still, we don't have a speed guy nor a power RB. I'd love to see us get both...because establishing a consistent running game will only help Alex make a lot more plays downfield to Crabtree, Morgan, Hill and Brandon Jones. It all works together...

Frank is not a power back?

No, I wouldn't consider him a power back. We've really struggled in short yardage situations. Raye relied heavily on the FB draw (Norris)/fake pitch to Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone