LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

New Alex Smith Article....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Just a small thought I wanted everyone to chew on while they continue their obsessive bashing of Alex Smith...

There are 10 NFL QBs everyone on this board would consider elite or close to it. They include:

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Since most to all of the Smith bashers think he just has had nothing but excuses made for him in his career, here you go...I challenge any of you to name me just ONE of those players who has had MORE THAN 2 offensive systems in their entire careers.

*Brees went from SD to New Orleans, however, Sean Payton runs a VERY similar offense to that of Cam Cameron just with a few more twists here and there.

*All 3 of Brady's OCs have been assistants with the team previous to being promoted.

I like the question. But i bet you the farm that you'll get maybe some that respond back, but wont answer the question directly as you have written it. I could be wrong but we'll see.

Cuz i notice sometime when a point is made in Alex's favor. A lot dont comment until they feel they can really bash him. This thread was just started cuz an article adressed some of the s**t we talk about.

But see what i mean, if you look at pg 2, i aint saying any names, but it must be like pulling teeth to get some of these posts to stay on topic.
MM's article is fairly on spot. The trouble is, the "problems" with Smith's game that he mentions, are the very same ones he's had from day one. If they continue next year, there are no more excuses.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just a small thought I wanted everyone to chew on while they continue their obsessive bashing of Alex Smith...

There are 10 NFL QBs everyone on this board would consider elite or close to it. They include:

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Since most to all of the Smith bashers think he just has had nothing but excuses made for him in his career, here you go...I challenge any of you to name me just ONE of those players who has had MORE THAN 2 offensive systems in their entire careers.

*Brees went from SD to New Orleans, however, Sean Payton runs a VERY similar offense to that of Cam Cameron just with a few more twists here and there.

*All 3 of Brady's OCs have been assistants with the team previous to being promoted.

I like the question. But i bet you the farm that you'll get maybe some that respond back, but wont answer the question directly as you have written it. I could be wrong but we'll see.

Cuz i notice sometime when a point is made in Alex's favor. A lot dont comment until they feel they can really bash him. This thread was just started cuz an article adressed some of the s**t we talk about.

But see what i mean, if you look at pg 2, i aint saying any names, but it must be like pulling teeth to get some of these posts to stay on topic.

It's a rhetorical question. Anyway, does that mean Smith will never be good or is he going to be the first qb to break into the top ten with multiple coordinators.

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Smith has had many coordinators, but aside from his rookie year - WCO, he has always ran the vertical passing (digit) system. The basic terminology has never changed, just the route combinations.

So technically, Smith doesnt fall into that category either.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Smith has had many coordinators, but aside from his rookie year - WCO, he has always ran the vertical passing (digit) system. The basic terminology has never changed, just the route combinations.

So technically, Smith doesnt fall into that category either.

The Martz system isnt' the same as the Turner/digit system as I understand it. Is this wrong?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith is married to an Oakland Raiders cheerleader

FORMER raiders' cheerleader....wait....what does this have to do with anything?

He's tainted.

She cute?

pic?

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Not to mention that Smith came out of a non-NFL type system in college, that held (holds)him back even further. This reason is why they(scouts) are saying Tebow will be a 3rd round pick, instead of a first.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
MM's article is fairly on spot. The trouble is, the "problems" with Smith's game that he mentions, are the very same ones he's had from day one. If they continue next year, there are no more excuses.

thats exactly what were saying so lay of the hate till next year
Originally posted by TheCatch:

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Not to mention that Smith came out of a non-NFL type system in college, that held (holds)him back even further. This reason is why they(scouts) are saying Tebow will be a 3rd round pick, instead of a first.

Had we selected Smith in the second or third round, the expectations would have been much lower. We can thank Nolan for his Douche-ness...
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by TheCatch:

Peyton Manning
Rivers
Brees
McNabb
Rothlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
Romo
Eli Manning
Brady

Had we selected Smith in the second or third round, the expectations would have been much lower. We can thank Nolan for his Douche-ness...

I couldn't agree more. Alex can be the guy & I never wanted Alex #1 overall. I take that lesson from our god, Bill Walsh - who would NEVER TAKE ANY QB #1 overall. He has stated that U don't wanna give him anymore undo pressure than hes' allready feeling.

Share 49ersWebzone