• Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Everybody knows that MM loves to suck Alex's cock.

Now that's inappropriate!!!

Warning 30%, soon to be higher...

Some people just don't care.

What I meant by that is that MM is always a Smith supporter. He probably likes the personally and it comes across in his blog which is supposed to unbiased.

How is Maiocco biased?

Smith went .500 this year. He's an average NFL QB right now, with flashes of brilliance and flashes of awfulness. The jury is still out. That's just the fact of the matter.

Im not talking about just this article. Im speaking for MM's over all opinion on Alex throughout his blog.

I agree. MM has bashed him when necessary, and praised him when it had merit. But the fact is that Maiocco goes out of his way once every other month to write a blog about how he still sees potential in Alex Smith.

In the NFL, QBs barely get 2-3 years to prove whether they are the starter or not. If they don't click by year 3, teams will move on and find an upgrade. The 49ers front office seems to have a reactive mindset on the QB position.

I have compared Alex Smith to Kyler Boller a lot in the past, and I think the comparison holds true. Both have similar TD-INT ratios, run-first oriented offenses, and mediocre offensive line play.

While the Ravens D and rushing attack led them to the playoffs that bailed Boller out, the 49ers don't have that advantage yet. The Ravens kept Boller for 5 seasons, and he saw noticeable playing time in 4 out of 5 years.

He competed against vet QBs (enter Hill or O'Sullivan), and the Ravens franchised hoped he would finally come out of his shell and perform at a high level. It never happened, and now he was recently the spot starter for the Rams.

I think Alex Smith can be an efficient QB in the right system (just like Flacco or Matt Moore), but our current talent requires a high level of play from the QB position in order to create, replicate, and sustain scoring offensive drives. Alex Smith fails to due that, and it explains our lethargic offense.
Meh

I could careless about articles, I want results

Either produce next year or GTFO
Originally posted by wadjay:

What I meant by that is that MM is always a Smith supporter. He probably likes the personally and it comes across in his blog which is supposed to unbiased.

How is Maiocco biased?

Smith went .500 this year. He's an average NFL QB right now, with flashes of brilliance and flashes of awfulness. The jury is still out. That's just the fact of the matter.

What he means by "biased" is that he doesn't hold the same opinion that susweel does.

DING DING DING
  • kem99
  • Veteran

As far as performing fellatio on him is something I dont have first hand knowledge of. It was just a figure of speech.

Well, he wasn't overly supportive in this blog from earlier in the week. He basically cites Smith as one of the main reasons the 49ers likely won't go deep into the playoffs next year, though he does say it is reasonable to expect Smith to improve.

As I recall, MM also consistently stated at the beginning of the year that Hill would and should be the starter.

Seems the beat writers often can't win depending on the fan's whim. If they write anything negative, they're a "hater." If they write anything remotely positive about a player that the fans might be disappointed in, they're biased because they may like the player personally.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/are-49ers-ready-to-rise-in-2010-to-among-nfls-elite.html
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GEEK:

How is Maiocco biased?

Im not talking about just this article. Im speaking for MM's over all opinion on Alex throughout his blog.

I agree. MM has bashed him when necessary, and praised him when it had merit. But the fact is that Maiocco goes out of his way once every other month to write a blog about how he still sees potential in Alex Smith.

In the NFL, QBs barely get 2-3 years to prove whether they are the starter or not. If they don't click by year 3, teams will move on and find an upgrade. The 49ers front office seems to have a reactive mindset on the QB position.

I have compared Alex Smith to Kyler Boller a lot in the past, and I think the comparison holds true. Both have similar TD-INT ratios, run-first oriented offenses, and mediocre offensive line play.

While the Ravens D and rushing attack led them to the playoffs that bailed Boller out, the 49ers don't have that advantage yet. The Ravens kept Boller for 5 seasons, and he saw noticeable playing time in 4 out of 5 years.

He competed against vet QBs (enter Hill or O'Sullivan), and the Ravens franchised hoped he would finally come out of his shell and perform at a high level. It never happened, and now he was recently the spot starter for the Rams.

I think Alex Smith can be an efficient QB in the right system (just like Flacco or Matt Moore), but our current talent requires a high level of play from the QB position in order to create, replicate, and sustain scoring offensive drives. Alex Smith fails to due that, and it explains our lethargic offense.

GEEK that was a very thoughtful response and fully agree with you.
In support of Alex Smith, Billick usd to say Boller looked great in practice which is why they kept wondeing if it can be translated to a game. Alex hasn't looked great anywhere which is where the he won't look good until he gets it excuse can be used for repeatedly trying out.

About throwing a receiver open: he may not be doing this because of the lack of trust to know that his receiver won't let him down.

MHO, I feel he can't throw receivers open because he's just not accurate enough to make that type of throw. You know, throwing the ball just a foot to the right because the DB is coming over the left side.

Originally posted by GEEK:

How is Maiocco biased?

GEEK that was a very thoughtful response and fully agree with you.
Maiocco bought up a good point about comparing Smith to M. Ryan.

Does anyone care to say why we can't expect both to lead similar paths?

-9fA
Originally posted by Joecool:
In support of Alex Smith, Billick usd to say Boller looked great in practice which is why they kept wondeing if it can be translated to a game. Alex hasn't looked great anywhere which is where the he won't look good until he gets it excuse can be used for repeatedly trying out.

About throwing a receiver open: he may not be doing this because of the lack of trust to know that his receiver won't let him down.

MHO, I feel he can't throw receivers open because he's just not accurate enough to make that type of throw. You know, throwing the ball just a foot to the right because the DB is coming over the left side.

Great post! Couldn't agree more.
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Jan 27, 2010 at 3:05 PM ]
Alex Smith is married to an Oakland Raiders cheerleader
As far as Alex Smith not being able to throw his receivers open, I think a lot of that comes from a lack of experience and a lack of confidence in his receivers. Give Alex this full off-season to work on routes and get down the timing with these young weapons, and I guarantee that you will see a big difference!

Waaaaahhh I dont want Alex Smith to be the starter....

SMITH IS THE 2010 STARTING QB FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!

SO GET THE F**K USED TO IT!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

NOBODY BETTER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR ALEX SMITH !!!!

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

NOBODY BETTER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR ALEX SMITH !!!!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith is married to an Oakland Raiders cheerleader

FORMER raiders' cheerleader....wait....what does this have to do with anything?
Share 49ersWebzone