LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

Frying cubed chicken hoping to eat steaks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by redrathman:

this thread made me jizz all over
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Thanks my fellow webzoners we are one big happy family. I like to write just finished my first book looking for publication!

Im always looking for new cook books, let me know when it gets published

You made me laugh! But it is not a cook book. When it gets published I will let you and the zone know!

I'm sure it'll be published real soon....
Hey, I actually get what you are saying so don't let the "horses ass" element of the "Zone get you down.

I get frustrated watching this team keep under performers , Keasy, MRob, even my favorite mediocre talent Battle on the team rather than just cutting them and trying another scrub. As much as I like Battle, and MRob as hustling hard working players, they are simply never going to be even average NFL caliber players.
We seem to keep these guys around because we are either afraid we can't do better or worse they might develop better on another team! I think sometimes there is a fear by the coaches that if another coach somehow finds the way to get these guys to preform he will be exposed as the poor coach he is!
When I see Bryant, Smily or TBC doing well elsewhere I think that perhaps our coaching staff sucks.
So we keep our chickens rather than risk them becoming steak in the hands of another chef!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Hey, I actually get what you are saying so don't let the "horses ass" element of the "Zone get you down.

I get frustrated watching this team keep under performers , Keasy, MRob, even my favorite mediocre talent Battle on the team rather than just cutting them and trying another scrub. As much as I like Battle, and MRob as hustling hard working players, they are simply never going to be even average NFL caliber players.
We seem to keep these guys around because we are either afraid we can't do better or worse they might develop better on another team! I think sometimes there is a fear by the coaches that if another coach somehow finds the way to get these guys to preform he will be exposed as the poor coach he is!
When I see Bryant, Smily or TBC doing well elsewhere I think that perhaps our coaching staff sucks.
So we keep our chickens rather than risk them becoming steak in the hands of another chef!

dont encourage him.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Dave Chappelle "I dodged that s**t like the matrix"

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Thanks bro for a minute there I was starting to wonder about the sanity of the webzone!
Originally posted by kem99:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It was a sunny afternoon when the young man got home, with his mouth drooling for the taste of some cubed steaks! So he pulled the first package out of the freezer that looked like steak! After much seasoning and flowering the man was in a hurry to fry them into a golden brown color sort of like his skin and eat them without hesitation. As he finished his endeavor the smell of his meal made him think that this is chefs type of cooking. As he hurried to take the first bite of pleasure he quickly and profoundly found out that it was cubed chicken that he had cooked instead of cubed steaks! Yikes he said I'm just to tired to cook the steaks so the chicken will have to do. Is this the state of the 49ers settling for the chicken instead of throwing it away, and going after the steaks?

Most teams can still make the playoffs with cubed chicken. We can't keep getting out of our own way at times. It's like we are trying to cook the cubed chicken in the sun on the street when we have a nice BBQ right next to us.

The 49ers are not like most teams! We were the first team to win 5 superbowl so just getting to the playoffs with cubed chicken is not enough. We need premium cubed steaks to bring home what is rightfully ours!

I want the 49ers to do well as much as anybody but why exactly should Super Bowl titles be considered "rightfully" the 49ers. The Packers, Cowboys and Steelers all won multiple SB titles before the 49ers won one. They all then went into long periods of not winning titles, not making the playoffs, not winning playoff games when they did make it, etc. Even before the 49ers started their run in the 1981 season, they went 2-14, 2-14 and 6-10 (including the last 2 of those years under Walsh).

The 49ers had an unprecedented run of success from 1981 to 1998, including setting the record for consecutive seasons of at least 10 wins. Not coincidentally, the run was led by the 49ers having HOF QB play from Montana to Young for almost the entirety of that time period.

One could argue that the 49ers (and their fans) ate steak for 18 years, became complacent and are now being reminded how difficult it really is to win consistently in the NFL. I'm not saying the fans should not hold the team and ownership responsible for its problems but lets keep it in perspective. Every NFL "dynasty" has gone through the same types of problems the 49ers are experiencing now and we were all spoiled by the quality and length of the run through the 80's and 90's.

Now I see why we go 7-9 and 8-8 with this kind of thinking!
It was a sunny afternoon when the young man got home, with his mouth drooling for the taste of some cubed steaks! So he pulled the first package out of the freezer that looked like steak! After much seasoning and flowering the man was in a hurry to fry them into a golden brown color sort of like his skin and eat them without hesitation. As he finished his endeavor the smell of his meal made him think that this is chefs type of cooking. As he hurried to take the first bite of pleasure he quickly and profoundly found out that it was cubed chicken that he had cooked instead of cubed steaks! Yikes he said I'm just to tired to cook the steaks so the chicken will have to do. Is this the state of the 49ers settling for the chicken instead of throwing it away, and going after the steaks?

Most teams can still make the playoffs with cubed chicken. We can't keep getting out of our own way at times. It's like we are trying to cook the cubed chicken in the sun on the street when we have a nice BBQ right next to us.

The 49ers are not like most teams! We were the first team to win 5 superbowl so just getting to the playoffs with cubed chicken is not enough. We need premium cubed steaks to bring home what is rightfully ours!

I want the 49ers to do well as much as anybody but why exactly should Super Bowl titles be considered "rightfully" the 49ers. The Packers, Cowboys and Steelers all won multiple SB titles before the 49ers won one. They all then went into long periods of not winning titles, not making the playoffs, not winning playoff games when they did make it, etc. Even before the 49ers started their run in the 1981 season, they went 2-14, 2-14 and 6-10 (including the last 2 of those years under Walsh).

The 49ers had an unprecedented run of success from 1981 to 1998, including setting the record for consecutive seasons of at least 10 wins. Not coincidentally, the run was led by the 49ers having HOF QB play from Montana to Young for almost the entirety of that time period.

One could argue that the 49ers (and their fans) ate steak for 18 years, became complacent and are now being reminded how difficult it really is to win consistently in the NFL. I'm not saying the fans should not hold the team and ownership responsible for its problems but lets keep it in perspective. Every NFL "dynasty" has gone through the same types of problems the 49ers are experiencing now and we were all spoiled by the quality and length of the run through the 80's and 90's.

Ya, come on guys! Everybody knows that this message board has a direct effect on the performance of the 49ers!

• kem99
  • Veteran

Are you kidding?

Okay, just for giggles, let us suppose you are correct in your "thinking." I don't seem to recall the fanbase holding the 49ers to your "steak" standard prior to the start of the 1981 season after they had gone 10-38 the previous 3 seasons. Do you really believe that after winning their 4th SB in 1979, the Steeler fan base just quit wanting to win and enjoyed the near 30 year gap until their next SB championship? Do you really think the Cowboy fan base settled for "chicken" after the 1977 SB championship that started a drought until the Cowboys run in the early 1990's? Or, the Packers did the same after winning the first 2 SB's? Really? Never mind that the Philly media and fan base is among the most critical in the country and somehow they have never won a SB. Did the Patriot fan base somehow change that ultimately took the Patriots from having never won a SB, getting blown out in the 1985 SB and losing to the Packers and Favre to winning 3 in 4 years...or was it that the Patriots were lucky enough to find a HOF QB in the 6th round and were able to pair him with the best HC of the last 10 years?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Ya, come on guys! Everybody knows that this message board has a direct effect on the performance of the 49ers!

passions do run high here
good job mods
The plan, man, is not chicken.

Nor is it steak, for that would be a big mistake.

For either you would be so mistaken.

Its spam, man, spam with bacon.

No, no, no more spam, man.

I will eat no more spam.

Not for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I just want a winner.

Apologies to Dr. Zeus

Why is that?

This is a ridiculous thread, I thought you were trying to get a laugh..if not, then you are really out of touch with reality.
Share 49ersWebzone