LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

In My Opinion, I Feel Like the 49ers Need...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
MORE SPEED!

I feel like that's one of the main things the 49ers are missing. New Orleans has Reggie Bush and Minnesota has Percy Harvin. We need that speedy, home run threat. Someone who can stretch the field.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 25, 2010 at 3:06 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
MORE SPEED!

Both teams have speed, and I feel like that's one of the main things the 49ers are missing. New Orleans has Reggie Bush and Minnesota has Percy Harvin. We need that speedy, home run threat. Someone who can stretch the field.

JAHVID BEST!!!!!
To jump on this:
Colts have Pierre Garcon, Saints also have Devery Henderson
Originally posted by showtime49:
To jump on this:

Who don't drop it when the ball hits their hands.

I've seen too many WR's flat out drop passes on curl route where the ball is thrown directly in the area of the facemask where one would think the receiver would have a perfect view to "look the ball into his hands" to make the catch, but rather, for us they seem to bounce right off their finger tips down into the turf -- or worse -- up into the air for an interception.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
To jump on this:

I've seen too many WR's flat out drop passes on curl route where the ball is thrown directly in the area of the facemask where one would think the receiver would have a perfect view to "look the ball into his hands" to make the catch, but rather, for us they seem to bounce right off their finger tips down into the turf -- or worse -- up into the air for an interception.

That sounds like a perfect description of the INT in the TN game off of Morgan's hands. But we need to stretch the field and guys who can make people miss. Players like CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best Not that Frank isn't good, he's great, but it'd be nice to have a game breaker who can give him some rest and return kicks/punts.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
To jump on this:

That sounds like a perfect description of the INT in the TN game off of Morgan's hands. But we need to stretch the field and guys who can make people miss. Players like CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best Not that Frank isn't good, he's great, but it'd be nice to have a game breaker who can give him some rest and return kicks/punts.

Exactly my point!
Originally posted by AC49er:
MORE SPEED!

Both teams have speed, and I feel like that's one of the main things the 49ers are missing. New Orleans has Reggie Bush and Minnesota has Percy Harvin. We need that speedy, home run threat. Someone who can stretch the field.

JAHVID BEST!!!!!

I agree with Jahvid Best or CJ Spiller!!!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
To jump on this:

Exactly my point!

Yeah and it's not just offense. We need to improve out team speed on D also. Remember how Chris JOhnson tore us up? And when Haralson had a great shot to tackle him on a fourth down but CJ beat him to the sideline(IIRC anyway) and got a TD out of it? Or Vince Young owning us on that QB draw that went for a TD I think? Or how Desean Jackson wrecked us in Philly? It's not just offense, we need to get faster DBs and we need to get more speed at LB also.
So you're saying a football team needs FAST players to be good?!?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Raiders should be 16-0 all the time

nobody mentioned anyone from the jets....

however, players were mentioned from the saints, vikings, colts...

they have Great QB's running the show.

Garcon, Henderson, Bush, and Harvin wouldnt be as good as they are without their respective qbs

No, but it sure can help.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
nobody mentioned anyone from the jets....

however, players were mentioned from the saints, vikings, colts...

they have Great QB's running the show.

Garcon, Henderson, Bush, and Harvin wouldnt be as good as they are without their respective qbs

The Jets have quick players too. Just look at Revis. Look at Thomas Howard(I think is the name, the MLB opposite Scott), he's pretty fast. They got some fast players. Edwards is fast, for a guy his size anyway. I think the Jets have some team speed also.
We are pretty slow other than Vernon Davis. There is not a lot of exposiveness on this team.

No, but it sure can help.

Well you don't say. I never even thought of that.

After that, might they need to have skill?
Share 49ersWebzone