There are 179 users in the forums

What we need to compete in these playoffs!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After watching the playoffs games today it is apparent that we are not in these teams class! First their quaterbacks were lights out and we do not have the quaterback on our roster to compete on that level. Those quaterbacks were throwing that football like they were born to play in big games! Our quaterback just threw his first 300yd game this season and if you think he is ready to play on their level. Let me slap you out of alex and wonderland. Sanchez was a rookie and threw for 300yds today. Okay I got the answer. Trade for Mcnabb all he needs is a strong running game to take the pressure off him and he'll get us to the nfc championship game. second get the best play makers you can find in the first round with and emphasis on speed. Trade alex smith to the redskins and shaun hill to the rams. use those draft picks to address the offensive line. with our second and third round address the secondary. Whola were are ready to make a playoff run!
MAKE IT STOP! There are SO MANY Alex Smith threads it's unbelievable! Just GET OVER IT. ALEX IS GOING TO START IN 2010!
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
After watching the playoffs games today it is apparent that we are not in these teams class! First their quaterbacks were lights out and we do not have the quaterback on our roster to compete on that level. Those quaterbacks were throwing that football like they were born to play in big games! Our quaterback just threw his first 300yd game this season and if you think he is ready to play on their level. Let me slap you out of alex and wonderland. Sanchez was a rookie and threw for 300yds today. Okay I got the answer. Trade for Mcnabb all he needs is a strong running game to take the pressure off him and he'll get us to the nfc championship game. second get the best play makers you can find in the first round with and emphasis on speed. Trade alex smith to the redskins and shaun hill to the rams. use those draft picks to address the offensive line. with our second and third round address the secondary. Whola were are ready to make a playoff run!

And this?! You must be JOKING. Trading AS to the Redskins and SH to the Rams? f**king clueless.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

And this?! You must be JOKING. Trading AS to the Redskins and SH to the Rams? f**king clueless.

Why, why do we need SMith and Hill if we can get McNabb. Smith held this organization back long enough. Time to play some playoff football. Come on down McNabb. Pipe dream...but hey, it is a possibility albeit a slim one.
MAKE IT STOP! There are SO MANY Alex Smith threads it's unbelievable! Just GET OVER IT. ALEX IS GOING TO START IN 2010!

Sing has said that he will upgrade that position whether you like it or not!
Should of beat the vikings, could have beat the colts, did beat the Cardinals twice, and we had the gumption to come back on the packers. We had a legit chance to win almost all our games this year and that's a big difference from before. We also held our own against some of those same playoff teams u speak so highly of.

Get Over, your trying to use a instance to describe an average.
Serious. The Vikes were LUCKY to beat us.

Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Why, why do we need SMith and Hill if we can get McNabb. Smith held this organization back long enough. Time to play some playoff football. Come on down McNabb. Pipe dream...but hey, it is a possibility albeit a slim one.

F**k McNabb, I dont want that choke artist on this team! That goes for Vick too!
thats bs. putting all my homerism aside we are not far away from winning the division which we will do next yr and causing damage in the playoffs. with a solid draft to add a piece or 2 to our already good d to make it dominant and adding speed weapons on o and olinemen capable of blocking and giving smith time i like our chances. not saying were gonna shock the world by going sb but 2012 should be the yr when this team should have a sb caliber team imo. i feel maybe other than the saints that we could beat all the teams that were in the playoffs.

1 thing we showed this yr that we havent showed in forever is that we can hang with the teams that the so called experts thought we would get dismantled by, but like singletary stated time and time again were a young immature team still learning how to close out gms and play for all 60 mins.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Should of beat the vikings, could have beat the colts, did beat the Cardinals twice, and we had the gumption to come back on the packers. We had a legit chance to win almost all our games this year and that's a big difference from before. We also held our own against some of those same playoff teams u speak so highly of.

could've should've would've. My how the mighty has fallen! Since when do the 49ers suppose to be happy with almost winning! Know wonder my friends and fellow nfl fans think we are a joke! Our standard for winning is gone down to almost!

could've should've would've. My how the mighty has fallen! Since when do the 49ers suppose to be happy with almost winning! Know wonder my friends and fellow nfl fans think we are a joke! Our standard for winning is gone down to almost!

That's a lame response... blah blah how have the mighty have fallen. How is that even a logical progression of the argument. My response was a solid response to a knee jerk reaction to some exciting playoff games. I was just reminding you that when we played these teams our games were just as exciting. Finally, I'm not quite sure how our social standards amongst twit football fans have any rational barring on the matter.

No one accepts the losing bro. Saying were not in their class is a little much.

This isnt madden bro..
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

No one accepts the losing bro. Saying were not in their class is a little much.

Bro if we were in their class wouldn't we be playing in the playoffs? We have got to start telling the truth and not hoping and praying and wishing. I've got to call it like it is!
I find it funny how some fans still cling to the "we almost beat" this team and that team line. You all should petition the league for a Moral Victory trophy. By that same token, Rams almost beat the Saints, Texans almost beat the Colts, and Redskins almost beat the Cowboys. We should hand them all a trophy too.

Good teams win the close the games and bad and mediocre teams lose the close ones. That's the difference between the teams that make the playoffs and the rest of the league. Playoff teams show balls and don't go conservative when they have a marginal lead in the 4th quarter like the 9ers did in Indianapolis and Minnesota. Playoff teams don't come out completely lost and without a game plan like the 9ers did in Green Bay, Houston, or Philadelphia.
[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Jan 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone