LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Ha! Brett can't hold Joe's jock strap!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't care what QB you are. Favre, Manning, whoever, you are not the greatest of all time if you only have one Superbowl Ring! When comparing to Montana even 2 is questionable. Brady IMO is the closest to Montana as much as I hate to say it.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 49ers1:
wait a minute

a 49er fan saying Montana is the greatest of all time?

WHAAAAA???

you got a problem?

yes

i f**kin hate inactive accounts

i hear joe montana can clear em up

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Peyton Manning is really the only guy we should worry about. Sure he'll never be as clutch as Joe was, but if he gets to 3 or 4 Super Bowl wins and he can his passing stats will dwarf Joes.

THIS!
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Favre has a case to being the best of all-time. I don't believe that he is, but he has a case. However, when all the dust settles, I'd bet Peyton Manning will be the consensus greatest QB of all time.

Begrudgingly I agree with you.* The one thing Peyton lacked was winning the big one early in his career. To all those who thought clutch was not something you could develop, rather something you're born with, he is convincingly proving you wrong. He has to win this super to be in the conversation, but he still has a lot of football left in him.

* I completely disagree about Favre. He has no case IMO. His career average INTs per season is higher than Joe's HIGHEST single season total in a league that has gotten progressively more pass friendly. He is probably the most gifted passer ever (Elway and Marino fans can fight over that one), but for the complete package, no thanks.

LOL cornell you are an idiot montanna best all time 4 super bowls... he had to drive the ball down the field on several occasions, needing only a touchdown to win the game... get ur s**t tr8 bro montanna is king
wait a minute

WHAAAAA???

you got a problem?

LOL

wait a minute

WHAAAAA???

you got a problem?

yes

i f**kin hate inactive accounts

i hear joe montana can clear em up

Favre has a case to being the best of all-time. I don't believe that he is, but he has a case. However, when all the dust settles, I'd bet Peyton Manning will be the consensus greatest QB of all time.

How many SB titles does Joe have?? And how many does Manning have??

Nuff said!
Joe's got 4 Superbowl rings.

Favre's got the most INT's in NFL history. He can play till his Depends blow out and it still won't be a contest.

Originally posted by Chico:
JOE IS SIMPLY THE BEST! Brett Favre, Peyton, Dan Marino, John Elway...NO ONE COMPARES TO JOE!

I agree! It pisses me off that Brett took 2 of Montana's records today though! f**k!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
JOE IS SIMPLY THE BEST! Brett Favre, Peyton, Dan Marino, John Elway...NO ONE COMPARES TO JOE!

I agree! It pisses me off that Brett took 2 of Montana's records today though! f**k!

Brett is charismatic...and he does have an arm but that's all he's got. He's a gunslinger and it caught up to him today! He doesn't even belong to be mentioned in the same sentence as... JOE!!!

wait, i did seperate that sentence, didn't I?

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Brett is charismatic...and he does have an arm but that's all he's got. He's a gunslinger and it caught up to him today! He doesn't even belong to be mentioned in the same sentence as... JOE!!!

wait, i did seperate that sentence, didn't I?

Charismatic?? He's full of bulls**t and lies through his teeth! He basically bent the Jets over last season and will probably come back with his Diva bulls**t next year! I would be so damn happy if I didnt have to see his ass in the NFL again though!
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by CornellU49er:

Begrudgingly I agree with you.* The one thing Peyton lacked was winning the big one early in his career. To all those who thought clutch was not something you could develop, rather something you're born with, he is convincingly proving you wrong. He has to win this super to be in the conversation, but he still has a lot of football left in him.

* I completely disagree about Favre. He has no case IMO. His career average INTs per season is higher than Joe's HIGHEST single season total in a league that has gotten progressively more pass friendly. He is probably the most gifted passer ever (Elway and Marino fans can fight over that one), but for the complete package, no thanks.

LOL cornell you are an idiot montanna best all time 4 super bowls... he had to drive the ball down the field on several occasions, needing only a touchdown to win the game... get ur s**t tr8 bro montanna is king

I hate to go all pretentious on you, but really? You're calling me an idiot over an opinion? I have a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering and Materials Science from a top 10 university, magna cum laude (that means my GPA was really really high). Right now I'm a PhD student at UC Berkeley studying semiconductor device physics. You may disagree with my opinion, but idiot? I think not.

I don't disagree with you. Right now, Montana is still the best all time. However, at the rate things are going its foolish to discount the possibility of Peyton surpassing him in the eyes of objective observers.

Oh, and spell his name correctly next time. Its "Montana." Difficult, I know.

Well we all knew Brett couldn't,......but what about Peyton?

Dude is like his own Offensive Coordinator.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Joe Montana is still the greatest of all time, no one will EVER be as clutch as Montana was but as a QB Payton Manning is right behind him and could pass him up by the time its all over... I'm sure a lot of those great 80s 49ers teams would still be good with someone else at QB but I'm almost positive the Colts team this year and their Superbowl winning team probably don't even make the playoffs without Manning as their QB.
Share 49ersWebzone