LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Another Joe Montana record broken by Fah'vruh!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Who cares, Joe did it in half the time it took farve....

Montana > All QB`s past and future!

Thank you!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Records are meant to be broken! Legends are Forever!

When a football mind think's about a QB MONTANA will pop in their heads! not FAVRE?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Records are meant to be broken! Legends are Forever!

When a football mind think's about a QB MONTANA will pop in their heads! not FAVRE?
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

If you play that long eventually he's going to break it...Nothing special considering how long it took.

That's a fact, every record can be broken if you keep on playing. Favre's next record will be "most beat up body on the planet" go away brett!
I would like to see the records.

Side by side
Montana vs Favre.

games played
Passes attempted
Completions
Passing yds
W-L record

For all the postseason
At least he didn't break his TD record. That was in jeaperdy too.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Did this really need its own thread?

Did you really need to take the time to write this? If you dont like the thread, don't comment on it. I still love you though; even if you have VD and Crabs.
He broke the All-Time Playoff INT record to so whatever, he can't touch Joe.
Originally posted by BigRon:

Side by side
Montana vs Favre.

games played
Passes attempted
Completions
Passing yds
W-L record

For all the postseason

No QB compares to Montana's post season stats. That's why he was freaking clutch.
The only thing about Favre that I admire is his starting streak. Everything else is .500 QB. Most TD's and most INT's, etc...etc. Montana anyday.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BigRon:

Side by side
Montana vs Favre.

games played
Passes attempted
Completions
Passing yds
W-L record

For all the postseason

No QB compares to Montana's post season stats. That's why he was freaking clutch.

Yup, not only is Montana 4 for 4 in Superbowl wins, but his SB 'interception' record is spotless... and I honestly doubt no other QB will ever come close to his overall/combined post-season/SB ratings, specially not in this lifetime.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

If you play that long eventually he's going to break it...Nothing special considering how long it took.

Yeah just like Moss last year, breaking Rice's record with 4 more games to do it. Rice set the record with only 12 games, it took Moss the whole 16 games. So Brett Favre could play for for another millenium and he will still be the all-time interception leader. Rice - Montana - Young: True Warriors. Moss-Favre: Generic Wannabes.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Meh, it took Favre 20 years to break that record. It doesn't register as a big deal to me.

It's a pretty damn big deal to have that longevity. Montana didn't have that longevity.
Montana holds post-season records for most career touchdown passes (45), games with a passer rating over 100.0 (12) and games with 300+ passing yards (6, tied with Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner), and is second in passing yards (5,772). In his four Super Bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns with no interceptions, earning him a passer rating of 127.8. Montana led his team to victory in each game, and is the only player ever to win three Super Bowl MVP awards. He played in eight Pro Bowls. Montana also holds the record for most passing yards on a Monday night game with 458 against the Los Angeles Rams in 1989.
I wasn't nearly as impressed by Favre breaking Joe's playoff record as I was his heroic performance...90+ % of his peers would've been watching the game from the sidelines after taking as many tough hits as he did. His OL and pass blocking schemes did him no favors...but, he took all the hits and kept on zingin' 'em out there. I hope he comes back...because he had a great season...but, I'll understand if he says "enough". The older he gets, the harder it is to come back from the hits, but make no mistake...Favre is a freakin' warrior...and a Niner killer. The man is the toughest QB I've ever seen...
Share 49ersWebzone