LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

our safeties get no respect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goldson is gonna go to beast-mode next season.
  • dznuts217
  • Info N/A
Goldson in my opinion had a pretty solid year. I think he will be one of the strong points on our defense for years to come. Most of the coverage problems can be put on the every changing defensive back rotation. Also, I dont really know about that stat website. According to that Vernon Davis was the # 57 TE, behind players like Matt Spaeth and Will Heller.
[ Edited by dznuts217 on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM ]
teh 1st 10 games of Goldson missing tackles and getting beat deep must've just been a dream. The guy stepped it up the last 5/6 games no doubt about it. but let's wait til we see him play like this for an ENTIRE season before we call him a pro bowler. No wonder guys get so disappointed in a player. You over hype him before he geta a chance to even prove himself. see josh Morgan for recent example.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Lewis is getting old and can't afford to lose a step to begin with. I've loved this guy, as he tackles like a linebacker but we need to groom his replacment.

Agreed. Also, as much as I like Lewis' tackling and run stopping ability, it would be nice to have a S with increased coverage skills.
Share 49ersWebzone