There are 173 users in the forums

Alex Smith Interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
818, you are dead wrong. You said Alex was the reason the 49ers did not make the playoffs.

You can review the season's game and will find that fumbles, dropped/tipped passes, penalties, poor playcalling, missed tackles, etc, etc, etc. explain most of the losses. Anyone who is pinning this on Alex alone is being laughed at by most of us here, because we understand what an clueless opinion that is.
Originally posted by excelsior:
818, you are dead wrong. You said Alex was the reason the 49ers did not make the playoffs.

You can review the season's game and will find that fumbles, dropped/tipped passes, penalties, poor playcalling, missed tackles, etc, etc, etc. explain most of the losses. Anyone who is pinning this on Alex alone is being laughed at by most of us here, because we understand what an clueless opinion that is.

well said
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Alex always knows what to say in interviews. Let's see it on the field Alex, lets see it on the field...

tis the next step. Consistency from QB may very well lead to offensive consistency as a whole. Consistency seems to be the one thing we are missing.

After watching those videos, I can really get a sense of how much (Alex) has matured. He fully grasps his current situation & knows that it's time to get us to the next level. 2010.....things will be different.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Alex really needs to drop this shy crap and take control of the huddle, not to mention the entire morale of the team. It's tough to play hard for a guy that doesn't express how hard he's going to play for them (and I'm not questioning toughness when I say this, I'm simply saying that Alex needs to be a bit more vocal in warming his crew up).

The QB is the field general, the alpha male, the prison 'Bubba' who makes b***hes his own left and right, the straight-up f**king leader of the team.

There are a lot of QBs in the league that have had success that dont have to be the fiery guy. Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb, etc. Most of the time they are all pretty calm, and having fun, but they will correct a player if they need to. I dont think I have ever seen them scream at someone like you see with Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Rivers.

I dont think Smith needs to be the fiery guy, but every once in a while I would like to see him show a little passion on the field. I think you see most of the great QBs having fun on the field, but will say something to a player if they need to.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The 2010 Season will be known as the "Show up or Shut up and your fired!" Season.

It's time for Alex to succeed more than fail this year. If he's good enough, then he will play through bad calls and missed blocks.

In that Joe Montana highlight, did you see what he did when the DE was right in his face after Montana turned around from the playaction rollout? Montana was surprised but still juked the guy. Alex can't even make a blitzing Safety from the his front side miss.

I still don't feel he's an athletic QB. Actually, he may be athletic but not in INSTANT situations when it's called for.

blah blah blah do you think before you talk??

As I recall, Smith shrugged off a seahawk free blitzer to then scramble and find Gore for a TD @ Seattle. But no no, you're right.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
The 2010 Season will be known as the "Show up or Shut up and your fired!" Season.

It's time for Alex to succeed more than fail this year. If he's good enough, then he will play through bad calls and missed blocks.

In that Joe Montana highlight, did you see what he did when the DE was right in his face after Montana turned around from the playaction rollout? Montana was surprised but still juked the guy. Alex can't even make a blitzing Safety from the his front side miss.

I still don't feel he's an athletic QB. Actually, he may be athletic but not in INSTANT situations when it's called for.

As I recall, Smith shrugged off a seahawk free blitzer to then scramble and find Gore for a TD @ Seattle. But no no, you're right.

What do you expect from Joe? He has no grasp of the reality of the situation, he just likes to b***h.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Alex always knows what to say in interviews. Let's see it on the field Alex, lets see it on the field...

I don't count being able to do something 1 time out of 20 actually being able to do something.

I mean, even Al Davis gets a draft pick right every once in a while.

I don't count being able to do something 1 time out of 20 actually being able to do something.

Can't believe Al Davis is still alive. He's got to be 100 years old.
Alex Smith on KNBR 2/1/10. Pretty good interview.

Link

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Link

Thanks for posting the link. Great insight.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Link

Thanks for posting the link. Great insight.

-9fA

They do such a good job in that interview. When Razor doesn't talk over his interviewees, he's pretty damn good at his job. Tom has always been my favorite at KNBR. Alex saying his season was, "just ok" seemed to be a good answer. He knows he has a lot to improve in, but I hope the team allows him to get that chance without a stupid QB competition.
Originally posted by taney71:

They don't call him the grim keeper for nothing...
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by taney71:

They don't call him the grim keeper for nothing...

THat's KRYPT Keeper.

~Ceadder

Link

I thought this interview was well done. I think Alex is building confidence in his abilities and should really improve going into the 2010 season. He seems to know where he needs to improve his game and that he needs to become more consistent. I especially like the part where Alex mentions incorporating the way different QBs play the game into his game, but still being himself.
Share 49ersWebzone