LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Players that are dead weight on this roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
you guys need to stop bashing the poster just because you dont share the same views. if you dont agree with him, all you need to do attack reasoning, no need to make it personal by attacking him.

I agree with you, but if the poster wants to post his opinions, he needs to back them up with reasoning, otherwise all he can expect are attacks.

The problem i have is the fact that they are indeed "attacks" if it was just a nice debate, instead of the flame war it turns into, this would be a much friendlier place.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Posters that are dead weight on this forum:

meccaniner
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
you guys need to stop bashing the poster just because you dont share the same views. if you dont agree with him, all you need to do attack reasoning, no need to make it personal by attacking him.

I agree with you, but if the poster wants to post his opinions, he needs to back them up with reasoning, otherwise all he can expect are attacks.

He did back up most of them with reasoning. Given they weren't very thought out, but they were still his reasoning.

On the topic though, Michael Lewis is hardly dead weight. He was 2nd on our team in tackles, if I remember correctly despite missing a few games.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
we really need a committee that can vohttp://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/images/buttons/close-all.gifte to ban certain members. Can the Mods ban Mecca if enough members want the person gone? That would be convenient.

Why do people on this forum have to cry about everything all the time?

Just ignore what the guy posts. You don't need a damn ignore button and you don't need to whine and lobby for a ban.

Everybody makes a bad thread every once in awhile... Meccaniner does it on a consistent basis... and when you add that on top of other s**tty threads it clogs Ninertalk.

Trust me if there was an ignore button I'd use it, and you'd never hear me complain again. Most of these topics have been discussed already, two of his current threads are essentially the same thing! I dont have a problem with noobs, I have a problem with people who dont know what their talking about.

meccaniner
Originally posted by 49erRider:
we really need a committee that can vohttp://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/images/buttons/close-all.gifte to ban certain members. Can the Mods ban Mecca if enough members want the person gone? That would be convenient.

Why do people on this forum have to cry about everything all the time?

Just ignore what the guy posts. You don't need a damn ignore button and you don't need to whine and lobby for a ban.

Everybody makes a bad thread every once in awhile... Meccaniner does it on a consistent basis... and when you add that on top of other s**tty threads it clogs Ninertalk.

Trust me if there was an ignore button I'd use it, and you'd never hear me complain again. Most of these topics have been discussed already, two of his current threads are essentially the same thing! I dont have a problem with noobs, I have a problem with people who dont know what their talking about.

You know, for these "noobs" clogging up Niner Talk and making threads that don't discuss anything new, I somehow manage to navigate my way out of threads that don't inspire me to post without complaining and lobbying for a ban of a poster that I don't particularly enjoy.

My point is, let it go. Stop clicking on the guy's threads if you don't think he ever brings anything to the table. I see so much b*tching ABOUT the Niner Talk forum throughout these boards that the whining and complaining about what is discussed in here is more annoying than what these people are complaining about.

I don't like to see the same things discussed in 10 separate threads, either, but I don't whine and cry about it. I simply go back to the main page and find a new topic.
Mark Roman and Isaac Bruce i agree,everyone else contributed when they got to play..some will b gone next year though!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Arnaz Battle- theres no point of having him on our roster
Adam Snyder- he sucks
Mark Roman -Id rather see Reggie Smith play

I give Balmer one more year..
Shaun Hill- wasn't dead weight on this roster in the middle of the season, but now there really is no point of him, I'd rather have someone else compete with Nate Davis for the #2 spot
Three and a half pages of b***hing about noob posts.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

meccaniner

I don't get the Roman hate, he played pretty well for us this year. Made some nice turnovers.

I definitely think the team can upgrade, but he's not Sammy Davis.
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Originally posted by meccaniner:
Mark Roman
Issac Bruce
Arnaz Battle
Adam Snyder
David Bass..... would be better at Center
Eric Heittman ... 6+ PLUS years of being a liability...the most overrated player on this roster
Shaun Hill.....his passes look like punts...its degraceful most niner fans were on his jock
Michael Lewis....he could not cover Aretha Franklin one on one, let alone a nfl wr
Michael Robinson....hurts to say
Brandon Jones....he must play extremely well during camp to stay on roster
Cody Wallace...hasnt played...but he has to be as good as Heittmann... we are all better then Heitmann
Demetric Evans..... bottom of the barrell roster fill in
Reggie Smith....hasnt played...i have faith in him....should start at fs

how about we can't hate until we get to 100 post.

that way when if someone makes a profile just to hate, they can't.

Give me a break. If people don't have little red boxes that make them cool they can't give out their own opinion? Okay team leader!

o fcourse they can, in the parking lot

Oh sure get them banned cause someone flipped em crap in Parking Lot. When was the last time you saw me in Parking Lot?

That's where n00bs go to get banned quicker.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Adam Snyder- he sucks

Shaun Hill- wasn't dead weight on this roster in the middle of the season, but now there really is no point of him, I'd rather have someone else compete with Nate Davis for the #2 spot

Battle, unless he once again has a good Camp will more than likely be gone. Yet ya still have to give him props for being one of the better targets over the last 7 years. Last year other than the negative impact in the PR spot, he didn't get on the field much. He will be missed though.

Snyder, agreed but Snyder does pretty well on Special teams. I doubt he goes anywhere. Like Brian Jennings there is always a spot open on ST for a guy like Snyder. If Solari can get this injury bug under control with a solid strength & conditioning program then we shouldn't have to see Snyder in the Offense.

Mark Roman, well I have to say he saved our bacon quite few times this last season. I wouldn't use him in Nickle and Cover 2 situations but he's steady in the Dime. He is getting older though and is starting to slow down. Sure there were a couple plays that happened in front of him. Most notably the game ending Score from Favre. But that wasn't even his guy and stuff like that happens to all DBs'. Even Deion got scored on like that a few times a season. I would like to see us go a different was to be sure. But if we can't find a better alternative then I won't be too miffed.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I don't get the Roman hate, he played pretty well for us this year. Made some nice turnovers.

I definitely think the team can upgrade, but he's not Sammy Davis.

Yeah, last year I hated the fact that Roman was on the team, but this year he wasn't bad when used. He made some nice plays when he got the opportunity. Maybe he needed a kick in the ass to get him into gear, or maybe he just isn't starter material but plays well as a backup. I would still feel a whole lot more comfortable if we got better talent and the team decided to let him go, though.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Adam Snyder- he sucks

Battle, unless he once again has a good Camp will more than likely be gone. Yet ya still have to give him props for being one of the better targets over the last 7 years. Last year other than the negative impact in the PR spot, he didn't get on the field much. He will be missed though.

Snyder, agreed but Snyder does pretty well on Special teams. I doubt he goes anywhere. Like Brian Jennings there is always a spot open on ST for a guy like Snyder. If Solari can get this injury bug under control with a solid strength & conditioning program then we shouldn't have to see Snyder in the Offense.

Mark Roman, well I have to say he saved our bacon quite few times this last season. I wouldn't use him in Nickle and Cover 2 situations but he's steady in the Dime. He is getting older though and is starting to slow down. Sure there were a couple plays that happened in front of him. Most notably the game ending Score from Favre. But that wasn't even his guy and stuff like that happens to all DBs'. Even Deion got scored on like that a few times a season. I would like to see us go a different was to be sure. But if we can't find a better alternative then I won't be too miffed.

~Ceadder

Ya, Battle was great for us the past 3-4 years, but now hes really useless, we have a lot of depth at WR: Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones...Maybe itd be ok to keep him since we dont have bruce anymore? And I think Hill > Morgan..

I wish we had Reggie Smith playing instead of Roman, Roman played ok but there were times where he made TERRIBLE angles and decisions.. I wouldve rather had Reggie Smith play in place of Roman this year (speed his developing?) since we didn't make the playoffs anyways, Reggie Smith isnt that experienced but he is way more athletic and hes not too bad of a hitter either.. Reggie can also play in the Dime, since he was previously a CB....Hopefully next year if he doesnt start and if we dont address the safety position this offseason then Reggie atleast gets the playing time Roman had this year..

Snyder sucks in pass protection..He lead the league in sacks 2 years in a row
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone