LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

49er Rally in SC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I cant find the date for this but I believe this is tomorrow?
** Yeah this is for Saturday 1/23/10

A group wanting to bring the 49ers to the South Bay is inviting the public Saturday to nosh on hot dogs, hear the swooning of local singers and maybe brush elbows with an NFL star.

The event is a "campaign kickoff rally" for the ballot measure that seeks to build a San Francisco 49ers stadium in Santa Clara. A group called Santa Clarans for Economic Progress is hosting the rally from noon to 2 p.m. at the Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway.

The group, backed by the 49ers and community members, say at least

Organizers said the rally will feature local entertainers, such as a retired police singing group called the Sparkletones, the Wilcox High School jazz band, Santa Clara youth cheerleaders and more. Niners alums and some current players have been invited to attend, too, organizers said.

The campaign rally is intended to persuade a majority of Santa Clarans to vote June 8 to allow the team to build a $937 million stadium in the city.

This week, the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters certified the group had collected enough valid signatures for a build-the-stadium measure to be put on the ballot.

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 22, 2010 at 15:47:51 ]
I thought they were having a rally in South Carolina
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:

That was the first thing that popped into my mind
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:

maybe a different kind of rally...
At first I thought Southern California, which gave me a sad. But then I read Santa Clara, and I was like
Can't wait till I'm able to drive to Santa Clara to see games
Whatever that will help the us to get a new stadium in the bay area.

It's been going on for tooooo long now. We needed a new stadium like 5 years ago!!
Share 49ersWebzone