There are 243 users in the forums

"Montana Magic" - Clips of Cool Joe.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Look buddy i dont know what f**ked up little world you live in but Montana vs 9ers never happened so you take your fancy hollywood created mumbo jumbo out of here

September 11, 1994 Joe Montana, who at that time was the starting QB of the KC Chiefs, led the Chiefs to a regular season win over the SF 49ers by a score of 24 - 17.

Dude before you start being an A**hole to people on the board, maybe you should pull your head out of your butt and study some history.

He was being sarcastic, man. Chill.

Yeah Denver, maybe you need to check your sarcasm detector - seems to be malfunctioning.

Unless your response was also sarcasm, and if that's the case, then maybe mine needs checked.
Look buddy i dont know what f**ked up little world you live in but Montana vs 9ers never happened so you take your fancy hollywood created mumbo jumbo out of here

September 11, 1994 Joe Montana, who at that time was the starting QB of the KC Chiefs, led the Chiefs to a regular season win over the SF 49ers by a score of 24 - 17.

Dude before you start being an A**hole to people on the board, maybe you should pull your head out of your butt and study some history.

Epic fail
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:

Epic fail

That first throw they show of the '81 Championship Game (when he rolls right) is so amazing it brings tears to my eyes.

Watching that and the other throws made me remember how his stat line that day did not come close of doing him justice. He was on fire.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to see poetry in motion. It reminded me that Joe was not always given alot of time to throw. On the other hand, he had some truly great receivers to throw to who made great catches and who could make great after-the-catch runs. This helps a good QB look even better.

We must also remember that we are seeing some of the plays selected from thousands of career passes. And we are seeing the result of meticulous coaching and repetitious practice. Walsh and his system played a huge role in everyone's success. If only we ... sigh.
Originally posted by Riot:

Well played sir. I don't believe in the moon landing either.
Some of you need to quit living in the past. According to some on the Webzone, Alex Smith is the greatest 49er QB of all time. They have even taken his stats and inflated them using some bizarre baseless math into numbers that prove their case. So Joe Montana is insignificant now with Alex Smith running the show.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
That first throw they show of the '81 Championship Game (when he rolls right) is so amazing it brings tears to my eyes.

Watching that and the other throws made me remember how his stat line that day did not come close of doing him justice. He was on fire.

I mean Wow.. WOW.... The accuracy and the timing wrapped into a poetry. He is truly the greatest Quarterback.

Brazilian49er is correct - Joe is one of those players that the stat line will never do him justice. His stat could be 29 out 32, 3 TDs, no int... and its still won't do Joe's game justice. The only other player that the stat line doesn't do justice is Barry Sanders. 1 yard could be spectacular.

Joe cool - it was a previledge watching you play.
Thanks brother. It's time to educate my son on Montana's greatness!!

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 22, 2010 at 21:53:46 ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Thanks brother. It's time to educate my son on Montana's greatness!!

Its Joe... What can you say?

Picture says a 1,000 words. Montana, Rice, Lott. Why have they all left me

• soao
  • Veteran
It made me cry
Go Steve Young! Woot!
He threw the funkiest looking passes but they sure were effective.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
He threw the funkiest looking passes but they sure were effective.

Haha I was thinking the same. He had some Bernie kosar type throws. But again it doesn't matter. He had legit recievers that made plays too. And Joe KNEW exactly where he could put the ball so his recievers could make a play. He trusted them to do that. Our offense has none of that right now.

And btw Joe threw really well on the run wow.
While your digging up old videos, find the one where Steve Young gets picked off by Prime Time and then chases him down to make the tackle and then tosses Neon Deion into the air.
Share 49ersWebzone