There are 221 users in the forums

OL coach Chris Foerster Gone! Hired by Redskins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You do kinda have to wonder though......Shanahan usually has really good offensive lines and hes hiring Foerster.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
ok....we just lost a great coach if Shannahan hired him.
Wishes do come true!!!

Originally posted by ptinerocket:

This guy SUCKS. Good riddance.

Finally, it's worth noting that the Baltimore Ravens changed offensive line coaches. Gone is Chris Foerster, who served as the team's offensive line coach since 2005. The Ravens line was miserable in '05, better in '06, and not very good in '07. In 2004, his last year in Miami, his line surrendered the second most sacks in the league (52) and tied for last in yards per rush (3.5). Foerster was hired by San Francisco this year, and I suppose it should surprise no one that the 49ers are 25th in rushing yards, and 3rd worst in sacks allowed (45).

LINK

[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:33:17 ]
THANK YOU GOD!!!! Foerster was horrible. The guy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. Now we can get a good coach like Solari or someone.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by ptinerocket:

This guy SUCKS. Good riddance.

Finally, it's worth noting that the Baltimore Ravens changed offensive line coaches. Gone is Chris Foerster, who served as the team's offensive line coach since 2005. The Ravens line was miserable in '05, better in '06, and not very good in '07. In 2004, his last year in Miami, his line surrendered the second most sacks in the league (52) and tied for last in yards per rush (3.5). Foerster was hired by San Francisco this year, and I suppose it should surprise no one that the 49ers are 25th in rushing yards, and 3rd worst in sacks allowed (45).

LINK

Do you think Foerster might be the L.Kiffen of O-line coaching?
  • soao
  • Veteran
Take this to the bank; Mike Solari is our new line coach.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope cable gets fired so we can pick him up as our OL coach...Also do you think Singletary wanted to fire foerster all along but that would be admitting that he made a mistake by hiring him in the 1st place. If he really wanted him on the team he wouldn't have let him interview with the skins.

Great! Maybe Cable can punch Jimmy Raye in the face when he decides to throw for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 12.
This is a total head scratcher, How did we get this lucky for one and what on earth are the redskins going to do with him for two?

I know he comes from the Shan tree of zone blocking so I can see the reason for it but this still odd.
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
This is a total head scratcher, How did we get this lucky for one and what on earth are the redskins going to do with him for two?

I know he comes from the Shan tree of zone blocking so I can see the reason for it but this still odd.

Maybe it is part of the Dan Snyder curse!

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope cable gets fired so we can pick him up as our OL coach...Also do you think Singletary wanted to fire foerster all along but that would be admitting that he made a mistake by hiring him in the 1st place. If he really wanted him on the team he wouldn't have let him interview with the skins.

Great! Maybe Cable can punch Jimmy Raye in the face when he decides to throw for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 12.

Don't know the stats...but sometimes it looked like we were the worst team in the league when it came to running screens.

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:46:37 ]
The 'Skins hiring Foerster tells me one thing: that Foerster didn't fit the blocking scheme in SF and does fit the one in DC.

The 49ers run a power blocking scheme: lots of powers, traps, isos. Shanahan is an accomplished zone blocking guy. This tells me that Foerster wasn't a fit here to begin with, which leaves me puzzled as to why he was here in the first place.
Originally posted by soao:
Take this to the bank; Mike Solari is our new line coach.

He better be otherwise I lost all faith and hope in Scotty and Mike
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The 'Skins hiring Foerster tells me one thing: that Foerster didn't fit the blocking scheme in SF and does fit the one in DC.

The 49ers run a power blocking scheme: lots of powers, traps, isos. Shanahan is an accomplished zone blocking guy. This tells me that Foerster wasn't a fit here to begin with, which leaves me puzzled as to why he was here in the first place.

Nolan hired him because Warhop sucked. I'm guessing Foerster was the only guy he knew at the time, and he was available.
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:

Lucky is the right word. Can you imagine being stuck with this guy for another season? Singletary failed to fire this butthead at the end of this season. The previous Offensive Line coach George Warhop (current Oline coach of Cleveland, go figure) was fired by Dallas before we hired him. Did Singletary fire Warhop? No, he was fired at the time Singletary was named head coach. The George Warhop has yielded a league-high 29 sacks the middle of the season he was fired in Oct, 2008. Foerster was just promoted, not hired from the outside.

[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:49:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone