LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

OL coach Chris Foerster Gone! Hired by Redskins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes to what?

Yes to now the line needs to learn a new scheme?

Yes to now we are going to have a unproven OL coach because there isn't anyone out there.

??

Yes to the Skins taking the guy who coached our weakest unit. The guy the zone wanted to see the back of for months.

What are the skins thinking? Now we can start to put together an O line!!!
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes to what?

Yes to now we are going to have a unproven OL coach because there isn't anyone out there.

??

Yes to the line needs to learn a new system.
Yes we are better off with an unproven OL coach rather than a proven bad OL coach.
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A

Yes to what?

??

YES to getting rid of a coach who's never done sh*t for the 49ers despite having decent talent to work with, including high draft picks!

YES to learning a new scheme, if it means leaving behind the old one that can't pass block and can't get a push on 3rd and 3.

NO to having an unproven OL coach "because there isn't anyone out there".... why do you say that? Ever heard of Mike Solari? And he's not the only one. We can hardly do worse than Foerster!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Anyone is better than Foerster, he managed to make Rachal and Baas even worse

Anyone is better?

Most of the 49ers coaches go else where and be succesfull.

We have good coaches just a slow learning curve by the players
MIKE SOLARI !!!!!!

GET IT DONE !!!!!!!
Anybody else see the irony in a great offensive mind like Mike Shanahan hiring supposedly the worst position coach on this team?
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
now we know that manusky was not called to be elsewhere
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
MIKE SOLARI !!!!!!

GET IT DONE !!!!!!!

Agreed

Yes to what?

??

If the scheme they learned sucked, then yes, I want them to learn a new one. When he was hired, most people didnt like the hiring because his track record shows that every line he coached got better after he left.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Anybody else see the irony in a great offensive mind like Mike Shanahan hiring supposedly the worst position coach on this team?

Yup. I see it, they dance in the streets of SF that Foerester is gone, and a lot of those dancing would s**tcan Sing for Shanny in a heartbeat.

Hmmmm...maybe Shanny knows something you guys don't?

Oh wait, they need a receivers coach too...Jerry, please step up and make our fan base happy on the zone so everything can be right as rain...

Do it Shanny, do it!

[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 21, 2010 at 09:29:53 ]

You are right that it is ironic. It doesn't make sense that Shanahan, a great offensive-minded IMO, would go out and get a s**tty O-Line coach. I hope we weren't wrong about this guy.

I was impartial in my opinion about Foerester because I didn't know much about him. I didn't know whether he was truly at fault for our woes or the players were. I guess we will find out after watching his new O-Line fail or flunk.

Mike S runs zone blocking OL
we do not
OMFG!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!! WOOOOO REDSKINS MY NEW 2ND FAVORITE TEAM!!!!
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Best day of my life.
Share 49ersWebzone