LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

OL coach Chris Foerster Gone! Hired by Redskins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I LOVE THOSE REDSKINS. ALWAYS TAKING OUT OUR GARBAGE!!

cept for Andre Carter...

but how awesome is this?? we were afraid of losing a good coach, and it turns out its the guy everyone wanted fired whos leaving! a miracle. we probably told him "look dude, were looking for a new OL coach, feel free to take any job that comes your way".
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners should think about hiring Tom Cable as Oline coach.

Sing does want to hit people in the mouth.

BWAHAHA!!
Odd how Shanahan took Foerster from our team instead of Solari who was obviously a much better coach whose O-Lines have been in a completely different universe of performance. Is it just because of the scheme he wants to run?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Odd how Shanahan took Foerster from our team instead of Solari who was obviously a much better coach whose O-Lines have been in a completely different universe of performance. Is it just because of the scheme he wants to run?

Who says they did try to contact him and he refused knowing that he would be contacted by Singletary just after. I believe, now, that coach didn't block the interview with the Redskins because he knew Solari would be in his sights wanting to return to SF.

Just glad we landed Solari so quickly no matter what!

Great job again Coach!!!!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Could be, although Solari also learned under Bobb McKittrick in San Francisco and McKittrick was the zone blocking guru and the reason Shanahan uses the zone blocking scheme (he learned it in San Francisco and then took it with him). So Solari should be pretty familiar with zone blocking as well.

Maybe Solari is now more of a gap blocking guy because of his time in Kansas? That could be, he was very successful there. Or maybe Shanahan tried to get him, but Solari refused? Maybe Solari wanted to come home to San Francsico and maybe the fact that he already worked with Jimmy Raye in Kansas was also a factor. Maybe Solari couldnĀ“t stand Shanahan while he was in San Fran? That would be a funny explanation

I would guess that Shanahan might have preferred Alex Gibbs as his first choice for an O-line coach, who was with him in Denver for a long time, but Gibbs instead opted to go to Seattle with Pete Carroll (which I hate, he is a great O-Line coach and could make the Seahawks line better). But why Shanahan hired Foerster instead, I have no clue, especially since I think they never worked together anywhere else.
How much you all want to bet that Washington's O-Line improves next year?

I'm telling you guys, the OC has a lot to do with how his assistants coach implement how to use the basic fundamentals within THAT OC's offensive strategy.

The Assistants are there only to show fundamentals and what to do in certain plays. They DON'T have full conceptual and practical understanding of how each piece fits in the philosophy of THAT offense. The OC carries this knowledge which is why he is the OC in the first place.

If an assistant is THAT good, he wouldn't be an assistant anymore.

Our problem is that we have yet to have an OC that values the passing game AND values pass protection which is why we keep crapping out in pass protection.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 21, 2010 at 15:04:48 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'm telling you guys, the OC has a lot to do with how his assistants coach implement how to use the basic fundamentals within THAT OC's offensive strategy.

The Assistants are there only to show fundamentals and what to do in certain plays. They DON'T have full conceptual and practical understanding of how each piece fits in the philosophy of THAT offense. The OC carries this knowledge which is why he is the OC in the first place.

Our problem is that we have yet to have an OC that values the passing game AND values pass protection which is why we keep crapping out in pass protection.

I guess then our o line should improve drastically since Solari knows Jimmys O.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Our OL will only be as good as Jimmy Rayes offense. dont expect much unless we get some uber talented linemen.

Our OL will only be as good as Jimmy Rayes offense. dont expect much unless we get some uber talented linemen.

Actually the O wasn't as bad once we got a legit Wr to take the flack off Vern! The Line overall sucked but drastically improved over the end of the season. Didnt alex go like 4 games without a sack?
This shows you how desperate Shanny was I think, and how bad of a place Washington has become in the NFL. Seriously, if the Skins are such a meal platter they wouldn't of lost the bid for Alex Gibbs to Seattle.

I'm really loving my team right now, and laughing at yet another silly Washington idiocracy.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 21, 2010 at 16:12:53 ]

this news made my day.

Actually the O wasn't as bad once we got a legit Wr to take the flack off Vern! The Line overall sucked but drastically improved over the end of the season. Didnt alex go like 4 games without a sack?
I believe you are right.
  • dwett
  • Veteran

I get what you are saying but maybe Raye needed someone who understood his philosophy. A good manger can only be great if his staff is able to understand what he is trying to accomplish. I have no idea if this is what the offense needs to go to the next level but I like the change.
I couldn't care less whether the skins O line improves next year. Solari is a California native with strong 49er and west coast roots, who's never done the east coast thing. It's his choice as well as Sing's to be here.

I hope Foerster does fine in DC, who cares.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Is there a better Partner team than the Redskins. WOW

Thank you Daniel Snyder

Yes. Not to mention we ended up getting Solari.
Share 49ersWebzone