LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Go figure, No. 3 in sacks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We were only 4 sacks behind the leader of the entire league, those were the vikings with 48 sacks and we got 44! So much for the myth that we dont presure QBs..
Originally posted by 9ermex:
We were only 4 sacks behind the leader of the entire league, those were the vikings with 48 sacks and we got 44! So much for the myth that we dont presure QBs..

You sir, are a liar.

Just kidding. That's great news ... but you better add a reference link or someone will wet their diapers.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
What was that number against good teams?

We got like, 15 off of the two games against the Rams, and like 7 in another game (Lions, maybe?)
Originally posted by Ether:

We got like, 15 off of the two games against the Rams, and like 7 in another game (Lions, maybe?)

But the Vikings played the Rams too -- and Detroit.. twice..

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 20, 2010 at 14:19:05 ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

well played. Rams and Lions are interchangeable.
But we also got 3 sacks on Peyton Manning that day we played him and the Colts. To my knowledge, no one had sacked him that much all season!
Originally posted by PTulini:
But we also got 3 sacks on Peyton Manning that day we played him and the Colts. To my knowledge, no one had sacked him that much all season!

I'm probably wrong, but I think we were the first team to get a sack on him all season.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 20, 2010 at 14:30:11 ]
We still should add another pass rusher.
Not many on the board are blaming anything on the defense. I have been proud of the defense for a couple years now. Offense still sucks. I hope for the best but I don't see Jed firing Scotty who is in charge of building this team. He needs to address the o-line and qb.

But the Vikings played the Rams too -- and Detroit.. twice..[/quote]

nice..

We have one of the best three men front d-lineman rotation in the NFL. That includes Balmer, McDonald and even Evans giving us solid depth.

We have a trio of good - not great, outside linebackers. They combined for something like 17.5 sacks if I'm not mistaken. Willis is one of the better ILB pass rushers in the NFL (what isn't he good at?!)

Spikes is getting up there in age, yet still plays very solid football. Don't be suprised if we add Rolando Mcclain this year to eventually take over though.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:
We still should add another pass rusher.

Agree. Even though I think the focus should be on Offense this off season, if a great pass rushing prospect is available in the 1st or 2nd round, we should grab him. In the playoffs, a great pass rush trumps a great QB.
And MANNY LAWSON led the team
  • Chief
  • Veteran

That doesn't matter, every team plays good and bad teams.

Burn!
Share 49ersWebzone