There are 179 users in the forums

Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

WOW I'm sorry a great special teamer you say... well that changes every thing!

I don't "Hate" MRob, I just think it is time to draft another "Great Special teamer" and see if he develops into a "Great Player", see dude thats what Special teams is, a place to develop talent to good to expose to the practice squad. MRob has had his chance, now it is someone else's.

Every time MRob make a great special teams play I'm not happy, I think great just enough to stay on the team.

Should we allow MRob a full 10-12 year career asa a special teamer? I think that is not good for the team long term, it is the kind of planning that relegates teams to the cellar.

MRobs are a dime a dozen in the draft, we should clear up the roster space, and save the cap money.
Mrob, great guy but it is simply someone else's turn.

Best post in the thread... I agree 100%

Thank you sir for your kind words, I can tell you are a smart handsome man who is good with ladies and loves puppies and small children, I could not agree more with your post, thanks again for actually reading my mine!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

what is that...lol?
there are a lot of players on this team who dont even contribute as much as robinson. start with people who make way more than him like bruce last year, brandon jones last year, arnaz battle last year... there are a bunch of players in other spots who make more than robinson and contribute way less. i understand wat u mean about him taking a roster spot but atleast he plays at a high level on special teams, we have players who dont play at a high level anywhere. and to be honest, he's a 3rd string RB, u dont exactly have star quality on the 3rd string in any position
Robinson is not one of the best ST players in the NFL. That's a BS excuse. Rarely does he ever make a play on ST.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

WOW I'm sorry a great special teamer you say... well that changes every thing!

I don't "Hate" MRob, I just think it is time to draft another "Great Special teamer" and see if he develops into a "Great Player", see dude thats what Special teams is, a place to develop talent to good to expose to the practice squad. MRob has had his chance, now it is someone else's.

Every time MRob make a great special teams play I'm not happy, I think great just enough to stay on the team.

Should we allow MRob a full 10-12 year career asa a special teamer? I think that is not good for the team long term, it is the kind of planning that relegates teams to the cellar.

MRobs are a dime a dozen in the draft, we should clear up the roster space, and save the cap money.
Mrob, great guy but it is simply someone else's turn.

Best post in the thread... I agree 100%

Thank you sir for your kind words, I can tell you are a smart handsome man who is good with ladies and loves puppies and small children, I could not agree more with your post, thanks again for actually reading my mine!

Well thank you. I am quite dashing, if I do say so myself; but to be fair, I'm no GolittaCamper... I haven't quite achieved that rock-star type of status!
Wouldn't be mad either way. Great ST player but if we can replace him with someone that can contribute, ALSO, on D or O...would be even better!!!! Really don't like him as our backup RB!!!!!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Jan 22, 2010 at 07:58:56 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by strickac:
Robinson is not one of the best ST players in the NFL. That's a BS excuse. Rarely does he ever make a play on ST.

he's like top 5 in ST tackles keep hating
Wow so many people are just so stupid. Anyone who thinks that MRob is on the team for his RB skills is just plain stupid. Every team keeps these types of players on there roster. I bet many of you thought our KR and PR game was pathetic this season. Well guess what, the opponents were just as pathetic or more so against us. They only averaged 21.8 yards per kick return against us. Not to mention he is a captain, a former pro bowler, and probably a future pro bowler (second alternate this year).
The only reason why this thread exists is because people expect the 3rd string RB to go on the field and score TDs. Anything less, is unwarranted a roster spot regardless of whether they make any impact in any other facet of the game.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The only reason why this thread exists is because people expect the 3rd string RB to go on the field and score TDs. Anything less, is unwarranted a roster spot regardless of whether they make any impact in any other facet of the game.

-9fA

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here...

People expect the #3 back to be a developmental position instead of a placeholder for a ST guy... So tell me, how much has M-Rob developed as a RB and would we be a better team if we were developing RBs?

-9fA

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here...

People expect the #3 back to be a developmental position instead of a placeholder for a ST guy... So tell me, how much has M-Rob developed as a RB and would we be a better team if we were developing RBs?

How many 3rd stringers go on to become solid starters? The only true position that where a player is groomed if he's at 3rd string is usually QB - such as our case with Nate Davis. It doesn't happen often, usually 1st rounders are brought in over the 3rd stringers who are in most cases, late round picks.

Yes, Robinson probably will never develop into anything other than a mediocre RB, but if he's a good STeamer, why the hell shouldn't we keep him, especially when we're already developing another RB in Coffee?

-9fA
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

what is that...lol?

Lol, it's from a Chinese movie starring comedian Stephen Chow about the Great Monkey King.
  • evil
  • Veteran

-9fA

Kory Sheets would have been a TD machine had he been our 3rd RB
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by strickac:

he's like top 5 in ST tackles keep hating

Oh really, care to provide some proof of that? Robinson had 10 tackles this season. That hardly qualifies him as a "ST Ace".

He's a good guy, but he has no value to us. You, like most of the homers, assume he's a stud on special teams because he made the Pro Bowl, which is little more than just a popularity contest anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone