There are 233 users in the forums

Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jan 20, 2010 at 21:01:04 ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

WOW I'm sorry a great special teamer you say... well that changes every thing!

I don't "Hate" MRob, I just think it is time to draft another "Great Special teamer" and see if he develops into a "Great Player", see dude thats what Special teams is, a place to develop talent to good to expose to the practice squad. MRob has had his chance, now it is someone else's.

Every time MRob make a great special teams play I'm not happy, I think great just enough to stay on the team.

Should we allow MRob a full 10-12 year career asa a special teamer? I think that is not good for the team long term, it is the kind of planning that relegates teams to the cellar.

MRobs are a dime a dozen in the draft, we should clear up the roster space, and save the cap money.
Mrob, great guy but it is simply someone else's turn.
Honestly, you know that ST players are given a position just bc they are usually that position for emergency situations.

MR would only be our main ball carrier if their was an emergency situation where both Coffee and Gore are hurt at the same time during a game. Very rare chance that happens. So who cares if he is called #3RB or #2FB?
Michael Robinson HAS TO BE UTILIZED BETTER!

The guy has one of the most unique skill sets of all the players on the team but when his number is called he is typically asked to run a dive up the middle. Honestly he should have been given the Taser/Wildcat formation if the niners insisted on installing one. He should be put in the slot or split out wide from time to time, and have some gadget plays designed for him. I think a more creative mind on O would have made Robinson a significant role player, but he's been pushed into a role that he quite possibly plays the worst, a traditional HB.

The guy is a back up at RB and FB, could play QB in a pinch, and is an excellent contributor on ST giving him more value than many other backups. I think you have to keep him for that value alone, and in the hopes that he will actually be utilized in a way that accentuates his strengths.
so does half of Niner Talk lol
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

I second this notion. This is a no-brainer

Glad you can see that there is no collective thought process involved here.

But why second it if you know that it's an ignorant posting.

I mean let's be honest shall we? Even Gore suffered early last season when Martz and JTO were running things. You think MRob is going to have spectacular numbers? Don't see it.

And this past season MRob did what was asked of him. And did it pretty well. Hell I would rather have had him returning Punts over Battle who I got nothing but Raspeck for, but whom is not a very good Return man. At least when MRob gets a head of steam up he's gonna put someone out of the game. May not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least. Battle? I don't see it happening.

So you might want to rethink seconding an opinion you know to be devoid of intelligent thought. lol

~Ceadder

This guys talking about "intelligent thought" and suggesting that Robinson return kicks and punts. He continues by saying that "MRob" can run people over and "put someone out of the game" with his head full of steam! This quote is the best, "(Robinson) may not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least."

Thanks for the "intelligent" feedback! Keep it coming!

-doc_brown_

Compared to my "intelligent thought" yours couldn't fill a thimble.

But let's look at it shall we?

You believe I said that MRob SHOULD be returning Punts. Correct? This is what you think I said?

You need a course in Reading Comprehension.

I basically stated that if it were down to MRob or Battle as our only option at PR, then I would take MRob. That's not saying that I want him as our PR. That's saying that I think he has better value at it than Battle.

ALSO...

I noticed you CONVENIENTLY bypassed the point that MRobs numbers have been negatively impacted by the Coordinators we've had as well as being solely used as a ST player this past season.

I ALSO pointed out that he has better stats than Hart does in HIS second season. So all things being equal MRob is a better player statistically than Hart.

So you wanna try that again or you good now?

Don't make me embarrass you further. You do it pretty well on your own. But I will if you push it.

Oh yeah he;s also the EMERGENCY QB since we don't roll with 3 of them from game to game. If QB1 and QB2 get injured SOMEONE has to take snaps.

Oh and btw. MARTZ was the reason MRob hardly got any carries 2 seasons ago. Look at his YPC before you talk out your bum again. His YPC was SOLID in his Sophmore season. That from a guy that "closes his eyes and tries to run people over".

~Ceadder

How bout you take MRob's sack out of your mouth and type something worthwhile!

You think MRob has more value than Arnaz? Genius! Way to go out on a limb there!

And now it's the coordinators' fault that MRob hasn't been a part of our offence the past few years. Is that really because of the o-coordinators? Or is it because MRob is limited as a runner? Hmmm...

(Your MRob vs. Mike Hart comparison is not even worth mentioning)

Emergency QB? He has 1 pass attempt in his NFL career and that was in 2006. But hey, I'd rather have him as our EQB as opposed to the #3 RB!

And why are you talking about the Martz era? Does that really impact anything the 49ers are doing today?

My point is not to cut Robinson entirely, but to have him at another position, because we can use some depth at RB.

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

I hope the Mods are paying attention.

Now... I said as a PUNT RETURNER you dimwit.

How freakin old are you anyway? If you're out of school I know 5th graders that have a better grasp on the english language than you do.

Quit twisting the facts.

The fact is that Battle SUCKS as a Punt Returner. Deny that statement now. I dare you to show everyone just how knowledgeable you really are.

And for your information he's a SOLID Back. You STARTED this thread. What is the title to it? Nice attempted Spin maneuver. You made every one of TBCs' spin moves look like HoF material.

"The Martz Era" Applies due to it was MRobs 3rd season with us.

Begone with your ignorance.

~Ceadder
am i lost or did u really just say that mrob is a solid back? im just lost because im pretty sure that other waste of a draft pick glen coffee started over him and they are both miserable. mrob a good special teamer? who cares! we finally have a good set of receivers i would like an explosive back behind gore other then the two that wont amount to anything in the nfl other than good special teamer.

He's not a solid Back?

Did you even look at his stats prior to Martz?

Those stats say for a RB3 he's solid. In fact I think that he should have gotten more carries over the last 2 Seasons.

But Martz just about forgot he had a Run game at his disposal and then we needed MRob on ST.

Man where the hell do these n00bs come from?

One question is MRob supposed to block for himself and cal lthe plays down from the booth too?

Nevermind I forgot it's the Offseason and all the GM wannabes have to have their input about who they feel is a waste of time to keep.

Kinda makes me wonder if the team has something similar in regards to fans.

Sure would like to know who Jason Hill thinks isn't pulling their weight and needs to be replaced.

~Ceadder
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's the new Terry Jackson. Good teams have role players like him.

Hate on Baas, Rachal, Snyder - yes. But Robinson? That just shows you don't have a NFL IQ.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
is this for real?????

Yep. Unfortunately it's not a sarcasm thread like the other one.

~Ceadder
he aint going any place regardless of what the haters think
why isn't this thread locked yet, lmao!

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Our FO got rid of Rossum and Everest, now you want us to get rid of our best STer? Hell no.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Our FO got rid of Rossum and Everest, now you want us to get rid of our best STer? Hell no.

technically our best ST players this year were Delanie Walker and Marcus Hudson. Robinson didnt have a particularly good year on ST in 2009. but hes still very good at it.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

technically our best ST players this year were Delanie Walker and Marcus Hudson. Robinson didnt have a particularly good year on ST in 2009. but hes still very good at it.

Nonetheless, our ST has been better than it was years ago and M-Rob has been a big part of it's success. McKillop also had a great year on ST.
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol i just looked up the stats, and Michael Robinson was rated a the 2nd best overall ST player in the NFL in 2007, but since has been nowhere to be found in 08 and 09. his ST performance has really dropped off the last couple years.

right now Delanie and Hudson are making the plays. Robinson actually had a poor statistical season on ST in 2008, and only played ST in 3 games last season...

maybe Robinson isnt quite the special teamer he used to be...

well now i feel a bit embarrassed to have defended him so much...

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 21, 2010 at 02:15:45 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
so does 92.7% of Niner Talk lol

Fixed.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jan 21, 2010 at 06:19:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone