Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The fact MRob has been all but non-existent in the mainstream of the offense tells me the coaches don't have faith in him. If that's true, then that does support that he's not pulling his weight as a RB. I like the guy...but, when you look at all the playoff teams, they're a minimum of 4 deep in quality RB's. We're not, and MRob is one reason why. He shouldn't even be a RB...that's not his thing. The point is, we lack quality depth at the position...and he's part of the reason why.

Exactly!

Doc go find out who Steve Tasker was and what he meant to the Bills offense.

/thread.

I know who Tasker is, and he was carried by the Bills as a WR. A lot more spots available at WR compared to RB.

So Robinson is Tasker now? Fine! Make him our backup FB then. The fact of the matter is that Robinson is a very poor RB. He has a bruising style, but doesn't even get opportunities in short yardage. He's two yards and a cloud of dust.

All I'm saying is that the 49ers can use better production from our 3rd RB when he is given to opportunity to play. When Coffee was hurt, we needed another guy back there who can play. And we struggled in the running game because we didn't have that guy.

Off the top of my head, here are some #3 RB's who helped their teams this year:
Tashard Choice - Dallas
LaRod Stephens-Howling - Zona
Jason Snelling - Falcons
Bernard Scott - Bengals
Quinton Ganther - Skins
Mewelde Moore - Steelers
Mike Bell - Saints

A team can carry as many at position as they so please. If you want 4 RB's you can do it, if you want 6-7 WR's you can do that. Tasker compared to MRob is the same thing, he occupies the ST's role first and foremost.

Not all teams rely on their 3rd RB very much. Each teams philosophy is different. Robinson earned his role and the coaching staff felt far more confident with MRob as the 3rd HB than they did with Sheets or Clayton. Just because you did not agree with the decision does not mean you are right. FWIW Clayton was not on another teams 53 and Sheets was claimed as insurance after Brown AND Cobbs suffered injuries in Miami and Sheets saw all of 1 carry at the end of the year. There will be other backs in camp this year who will have a chance to beat our Robinson for both the 3rd RB spot and who will try to take his ST's role away but that does not mean the staff will give the 3rd RB any more carries than MRob saw this year.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Mike Hart vs. Michael Robinson

I had never looked at Robinson's stats before

But look at MRobs second season stats in comparison to Harts.

MRob was a victim of Martz last season.

And this season he's primarily a ST player.

I think his numbers are a reflection more on the Coordinators not having an idea how to use him best when he does see time in the Offense.

But yeah let's just cut a solid player based on the stats.

Hell who's more dangerous in the Tazer? Spurlock or MRob?

~Ceadder

I'm not saying cut him because of his stats, I just posted his stats. And I do agree that the coordinators don't include him like they should, he's not a RB, he should be catching screen passes.

And when did Robinson run the taser? was that his 4 yard run or -1 run?
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

I second this notion. This is a no-brainer

Glad you can see that there is no collective thought process involved here.

But why second it if you know that it's an ignorant posting.

I mean let's be honest shall we? Even Gore suffered early last season when Martz and JTO were running things. You think MRob is going to have spectacular numbers? Don't see it.

And this past season MRob did what was asked of him. And did it pretty well. Hell I would rather have had him returning Punts over Battle who I got nothing but Raspeck for, but whom is not a very good Return man. At least when MRob gets a head of steam up he's gonna put someone out of the game. May not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least. Battle? I don't see it happening.

So you might want to rethink seconding an opinion you know to be devoid of intelligent thought. lol

~Ceadder

This guys talking about "intelligent thought" and suggesting that Robinson return kicks and punts. He continues by saying that "MRob" can run people over and "put someone out of the game" with his head full of steam! This quote is the best, "(Robinson) may not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least."

Thanks for the "intelligent" feedback! Keep it coming!

-doc_brown_

Compared to my "intelligent thought" yours couldn't fill a thimble.

But let's look at it shall we?

You believe I said that MRob SHOULD be returning Punts. Correct? This is what you think I said?

You need a course in Reading Comprehension.

I basically stated that if it were down to MRob or Battle as our only option at PR, then I would take MRob. That's not saying that I want him as our PR. That's saying that I think he has better value at it than Battle.

ALSO...

I noticed you CONVENIENTLY bypassed the point that MRobs numbers have been negatively impacted by the Coordinators we've had as well as being solely used as a ST player this past season.

I ALSO pointed out that he has better stats than Hart does in HIS second season. So all things being equal MRob is a better player statistically than Hart.

So you wanna try that again or you good now?

Don't make me embarrass you further. You do it pretty well on your own. But I will if you push it.

Oh yeah he;s also the EMERGENCY QB since we don't roll with 3 of them from game to game. If QB1 and QB2 get injured SOMEONE has to take snaps.

Oh and btw. MARTZ was the reason MRob hardly got any carries 2 seasons ago. Look at his YPC before you talk out your bum again. His YPC was SOLID in his Sophmore season. That from a guy that "closes his eyes and tries to run people over".

~Ceadder

How bout you take MRob's sack out of your mouth and type something worthwhile!

You think MRob has more value than Arnaz? Genius! Way to go out on a limb there!

And now it's the coordinators' fault that MRob hasn't been a part of our offence the past few years. Is that really because of the o-coordinators? Or is it because MRob is limited as a runner? Hmmm...

(Your MRob vs. Mike Hart comparison is not even worth mentioning)

Emergency QB? He has 1 pass attempt in his NFL career and that was in 2006. But hey, I'd rather have him as our EQB as opposed to the #3 RB!

And why are you talking about the Martz era? Does that really impact anything the 49ers are doing today?

My point is not to cut Robinson entirely, but to have him at another position, because we can use some depth at RB.

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Jan 20, 2010 at 18:36:19 ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Where do you people come up with this sh*t? One of the best special teamers in the league? Do you watch football? Every team has ST aces just like Robinson, many of them are completely unknown, just like Robinson. He occasionally makes a nice tackle or throws a good block, but he does absolutely nothing that would make him stand out from the other guys on other teams who do the exact same sh*t. Stop fooling yourselves.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Where do you people come up with this sh*t? One of the best special teamers in the league? Do you watch football? Every team has ST aces just like Robinson, many of them are completely unknown, just like Robinson. He occasionally makes a nice tackle or throws a good block, but he does absolutely nothing that would make him stand out from the other guys on other teams who do the exact same sh*t. Stop fooling yourselves.

Another voice of reason!!!
Not to mention he is completely useless as a RunningBack and is clearly not cut out to be an NFL QB, which is why he was converted into a RB in the first place. He's slow, and for being such a "powerful runner" he sure doesn't run thru many tackles. People get fooled by the few runs where he laid into defenders (the two against the Eagles in particular, one of which he KO'd Brian Dawkins) and completely disregard the fact he gets taken down immediately after contact on 90% of the runs he's made. Statistically, he hasn't done sh*t and his numbers, believe it or not, despite being poor, are actually INFLATED due to a couple semi-long runs that were ripped off due to ST trickery. The guy blows on offense. ST-wise he is the guy who makes the most plays for us, but he doesn't do so much that he can't be easily replaced by any number of ST standouts from other teams that would actually be able to make some sort of contribution outside of ST duties.
why the f**k are we not trading for Chris Johnson to be our 3rd RB?

CJ would be awesomer at ST than MR
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

I mean let's be honest shall we? Even Gore suffered early last season when Martz and JTO were running things. You think MRob is going to have spectacular numbers? Don't see it.

And this past season MRob did what was asked of him. And did it pretty well. Hell I would rather have had him returning Punts over Battle who I got nothing but Raspeck for, but whom is not a very good Return man. At least when MRob gets a head of steam up he's gonna put someone out of the game. May not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least. Battle? I don't see it happening.

So you might want to rethink seconding an opinion you know to be devoid of intelligent thought. lol

~Ceadder

This guys talking about "intelligent thought" and suggesting that Robinson return kicks and punts. He continues by saying that "MRob" can run people over and "put someone out of the game" with his head full of steam! This quote is the best, "(Robinson) may not have much in yards per return but entertaining at least."

-doc_brown_

You believe I said that MRob SHOULD be returning Punts. Correct? This is what you think I said?

I basically stated that if it were down to MRob or Battle as our only option at PR, then I would take MRob. That's not saying that I want him as our PR. That's saying that I think he has better value at it than Battle.

ALSO...

I noticed you CONVENIENTLY bypassed the point that MRobs numbers have been negatively impacted by the Coordinators we've had as well as being solely used as a ST player this past season.

I ALSO pointed out that he has better stats than Hart does in HIS second season. So all things being equal MRob is a better player statistically than Hart.

Don't make me embarrass you further. You do it pretty well on your own. But I will if you push it.

Oh yeah he;s also the EMERGENCY QB since we don't roll with 3 of them from game to game. If QB1 and QB2 get injured SOMEONE has to take snaps.

Oh and btw. MARTZ was the reason MRob hardly got any carries 2 seasons ago. Look at his YPC before you talk out your bum again. His YPC was SOLID in his Sophmore season. That from a guy that "closes his eyes and tries to run people over".

~Ceadder

You think MRob has more value than Arnaz? Genius! Way to go out on a limb there!

And now it's the coordinators' fault that MRob hasn't been a part of our offence the past few years. Is that really because of the o-coordinators? Or is it because MRob is limited as a runner? Hmmm...

Emergency QB? He has 1 pass attempt in his NFL career and that was in 2006. But hey, I'd rather have him as our EQB as opposed to the #3 RB!

And why are you talking about the Martz era? Does that really impact anything the 49ers are doing today?

My point is not to cut Robinson entirely, but to have him at another position, because we can use some depth at RB.

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

I hope the Mods are paying attention.

Now... I said as a PUNT RETURNER you dimwit.

How freakin old are you anyway? If you're out of school I know 5th graders that have a better grasp on the english language than you do.

Quit twisting the facts.

The fact is that Battle SUCKS as a Punt Returner. Deny that statement now. I dare you to show everyone just how knowledgeable you really are.

And for your information he's a SOLID Back. You STARTED this thread. What is the title to it? Nice attempted Spin maneuver. You made every one of TBCs' spin moves look like HoF material.

"The Martz Era" Applies due to it was MRobs 3rd season with us.

Begone with your ignorance.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 19:13:51 ]
Mike Hart vs. Michael Robinson

I had never looked at Robinson's stats before

But look at MRobs second season stats in comparison to Harts.

MRob was a victim of Martz last season.

And this season he's primarily a ST player.

I think his numbers are a reflection more on the Coordinators not having an idea how to use him best when he does see time in the Offense.

But yeah let's just cut a solid player based on the stats.

Hell who's more dangerous in the Tazer? Spurlock or MRob?

~Ceadder

I'm not saying cut him because of his stats, I just posted his stats. And I do agree that the coordinators don't include him like they should, he's not a RB, he should be catching screen passes.

And when did Robinson run the taser? was that his 4 yard run or -1 run?

I know, I was following up in agreement and adding more to it. Hell did it twice by putting my own take on what you were saying in my own post as well. Some people though wouldn't be able to see the forest through the trees if you smacked em upside the head with a 2x4.

If you noticed as soon as you said catching passes this doc guy tries to twist that to be his idea all along. When in fact it wasn't and never was.

"Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!" Should tell everybody that much.

FimpleSokks Rule.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 19:19:53 ]

~Ceadder

-doc_brown_

ALSO...

~Ceadder

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

How freakin old are you anyway? If you're out of school I know 5th graders that have a better grasp on the english language than you do.

Quit twisting the facts.

The fact is that Battle SUCKS as a Punt Returner. Deny that statement now. I dare you to show everyone just how knowledgeable you really are.

And for your information he's a SOLID Back. You STARTED this thread. What is the title to it? Nice attempted Spin maneuver. You made every one of TBCs' spin moves look like HoF material.

~Ceadder

Vets taking a dump on idiots makes me

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
why the f**k are we not trading for Chris Johnson to be our 3rd RB?

CJ would be awesomer at ST than MR

Cuz Maybe he should be our number 1 if we traded to bring him in?

No offense meant to Frank but CJ's stock is indeed rising. I still think Frank is a #1 Back but the injuries have started to compile. Running behind this paper Line would have that effect on anybody.

*Edit*My apologies sarcasm alert didn't go off before I posted in reply. *ediT*

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 19:29:06 ]
is this for real?????
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
is this for real?????

Yep. Unfortunately it's not a sarcasm thread like the other one.

~Ceadder
  • dald1
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

-doc_brown_

ALSO...

~Ceadder

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

Quit twisting the facts.

~Ceadder
am i lost or did u really just say that mrob is a solid back? im just lost because im pretty sure that other waste of a draft pick glen coffee started over him and they are both miserable. mrob a good special teamer? who cares! we finally have a good set of receivers i would like an explosive back behind gore other then the two that wont amount to anything in the nfl other than good special teamer.

~Ceadder

-doc_brown_

ALSO...

~Ceadder

~doc_brown_~Ceadder

Quit twisting the facts.

~Ceadder

What the hell are you talking about? Deny the fact that Arnaz can't return punts? I never brought him up to begin with? You were the one who said that MRob returning punts would be entertaining, with his head full of steam and all.

You seem to like heads full of stuff. And thanks for highlighting my little swipe at you. I haven't been tattled on in a long time!

And now out of nowhere, MRob's a SOLID back? What is your definition of solid? 3.4 yards per carry? 2 career td's to go along with 2 fumbles? 289 total rushing yards in four years? Yeah dude...that's OAK!

Your explaination of how Martz is relevant to today's Niners sums up your idiotic reasoning.

My subject is that Robinson has to go...as a 3rd RB! You're letting this get personal and it's clouding your judgement.

You insult more than you make sense. Just cause you're a vet and have over 6,000 posts (Congratulations to you and yours for that great accomplishment), you think you have substantial knowledge. Thanks for proving that myth WRONG!

~doc_brown_
Share 49ersWebzone