There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Wow doc. You got it right on the head. Marcus Robinson sucks.

But then the Line sucks more.

So hmmmm lets see who to cut who to cut...

If you still say Robinson then you sir need to submit your resume to the team for personnel manager. You just may have a bright shiney future ahead of you in it.

Wanna borrow my shades?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.

he was a pro bowl alternate. a great ST player and ST leader is far more valuable than a 3rd RB. come on. act like youve been a football fan longer than 1 day.

just because you dont know enough about the niners to know that Robinson is actually a team captain, and does a job common fans dont know about, doesnt me he HAS to go.
He`s a Backup running back that can Block,Catch passes, run the ball, play all over on ST/Return kicks.....

That means he`s alot more valuable then a speedster who can ONLY play RB like Thomas Clayton or Kory Sheets for example....
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
He`s a Backup running back that can Block,Catch passes, run the ball, play all over on ST/Return kicks.....

That means he`s alot more valuable then a speedster who can ONLY play RB like Thomas Clayton or Kory Sheets for example....

i cant wait until everybody forgets about Kory Sheets. he literally didnt play an NFL down, and wasnt even drafted, and he became this golden asset we carelessly gave away.

hes Kory Sheets. hes now on the Dolphins practice squad, and will probably be available before next season. be worried about what Glen Coffee does, because hes alot more talented.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors.

Another example of Robinson being a hinderance can be explained with the help of what transpired today in my little town of Vancouver, BC. The reigning CFL rookie of the year is a RB named Martell Mallet (23yo, 6'0", 195lbs), who is also a good kick returner. He was signed today by the Eagles. We need a solid kick returner, but guys like Mallet will stay off of our radar as long as Robinson continues to become a mainstay for the 49ers.

I enjoy the Robinson Report, but other than that, I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner.

Teams carry as many as necessary. If Kory Sheets or Thomas Clayton were worth roster spots, the team would have carried 4 RB's. Some teams do carry 4, just as some have carried 4 QB's, or 6 WR's etc etc etc. Teams will find a way to carry a player if they feel he can be a valuable contributor in some way.

Sounds to me like your unahppy with the decision to let Clayton go, put Sheets on the PS and then that you favorite BC Lion (FWIW My Al's were the Champs baby! ) got picked up by a team not named the SF 49ers. Guess what, the coaches made the decision they felt was best for the team, and Kory Sheets did nothing in Miami even with Ronnie Brown out for the season and Ricky Williams getting the bulk of carries, Thomas Clayton was working the BK drive thru and Mallet will have to earn a roster spot or he may find himself on the PS or back in BC.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
This is ridiculous, Robinson brings no value to the team! Special teamers are a dime a dozen, pro bowl alt doesn't mean pro bowl performer! SCREW the fact that he is an "awesome" gunner who sacrifices his body for the team, or that he can down punts near the goal line. The ONLY way a player isn't a waste of space is if he can contribute directly on offense or defense, with the exception of KR/PR.

While we're at it, get rid of Brian Jennings too! He's supposed to be a TE, but I've never seen him block OR catch a pass! How useless is that. Unless he's involved in the offense, he's a waste of space! I demand brilliance from all 53 players, as well as the PS players. THAT'S how you win a championship! Why Scotty Mac can't see that is a mystery to me.

Is there suppose to be 1 special teams captain on each team ?

I think so. Assuming I was serious in the above post, I would argue that the returner would be the captain. If I were serious.

I knew you were messing around but it had me thinking about that. I don't remember us having a special teams captain in the past or just don't remember who. Jeff Ulbrich ? Brian Jennings ? Otis Amey ? ()

Terry Jackson at one time, I think.
STFU n00b, Michael Robinson is not going anywhere.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
STFU n00b, Michael Robinson is not going anywhere.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.

did our special teams allow a TD? NO thread over!!!
Why do threads like this get started when we have an 80 man offseason roster?

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 20, 2010 at 07:20:39 ]
Why all the personal attacks on a guy who is talking Niner Football... Some of you act as if he dissed Joe Montana or Jerry Rice or something.

I for one agree with Doc... M-Rob is an awesome special teams player; but, we need better talent and depth at several positions. IMO were not a good enough football team (depth wise) to carry a guy who's only major contribution is on ST (kickers and long snapper aside). Now if we had legit depth at RB and FB then it's a no brainer. M-Rob would stay.

For those of you who think this team would be that much worse without M-Rob, I ask this... Did we miss Zach Keasey's ST contributions last year?

[ Edited by D_Niner on Jan 20, 2010 at 07:35:21 ]
The only way I can support MRob staying is if we keep 4 RB's...a lot of teams in the league are 4-5 deep at that position...I don't get that we only have three, and one of 'em's not effective. I really hope we add a speedster and a power RB to our backfield...we need both. If it's only one of the two, then I say we draft Gerhart...we really need a power RB, and he and Gore could form G2. I know MRob's an excellent ST guy, but he's a liability on offense...we can't continue to eat up a roster spot at RB without adding another player at the position.
1. He's a pro bowl alternate for his special teams work.
2. He's not given the opportunity to play but he is a good blocker and catches well out of the backfield.
3. Next time you call for a player to be cut, make sure he's a non productive player.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
1. He's a pro bowl alternate for his special teams work.
2. He's not given the opportunity to play but he is a good blocker and catches well out of the backfield.
3. Next time you call for a player to be cut, make sure he's a non productive player.
Robinson is a Pro Bowl caliber ST player.