LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Michael Robinson HAS TO GO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Edited

The guy takes up a roster spot as our 3rd RB, yet he's virtually useless as a RB. Ok, I take that back. HE IS USELESS AS A RB!

We are all aware of Robinson being a great leader, but teams only carry three RB's during the season. With Robinson taking up a roster spot as a RB, we are forced to cut or demote younger players (Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton) who may have developed into solid contributors. I realize Sheets for example is currently a practice squader. However, there are quality RB's in the league who used to be practice squad players. Ryan Grant and Derrick Ward are examples.

If Robinson's contributions on special teams are too valuable, then make him a backup FB and carry another RB who can actually contribute as a runner. When Coffee went down with an injury, we could have used a quality backup, instead of two yards and a cloud of dust!

I see no point in the 49ers carrying a RB who isn't a good runner. Hopefully we draft Spiller and designate Robinson to another position.

[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Jan 20, 2010 at 18:43:41 ]
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....
He's a great special teams player and a pro-bowl alternate. If we got rid of Killa Keith, the least we can do is keep M-Rob. I'd rather get rid of Curtis Taylor.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's one of the best ST players in the NFL. Pick another target. Can we please....

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.
If you have a problem with him being a useless backup RB, would you be satisfied if we called him a backup FB? Or maybe a backup LB. Whatever satisfies you so we don't get rid of a special teams ace just because you don't like that he isn't a very good RB.

He's one of the best special teams players we have. Yeah lets get rid of our best players.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Ridiculous post.

Sorry I cant agree, Robinson is a special teams stud, good blocker and good hands when called upon.
This is ridiculous, Robinson brings no value to the team! Special teamers are a dime a dozen, pro bowl alt doesn't mean pro bowl performer! SCREW the fact that he is an "awesome" gunner who sacrifices his body for the team, or that he can down punts near the goal line. The ONLY way a player isn't a waste of space is if he can contribute directly on offense or defense, with the exception of KR/PR.

While we're at it, get rid of Brian Jennings too! He's supposed to be a TE, but I've never seen him block OR catch a pass! How useless is that. Unless he's involved in the offense, he's a waste of space! I demand brilliance from all 53 players, as well as the PS players. THAT'S how you win a championship! Why Scotty Mac can't see that is a mystery to me.

Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
This is ridiculous, Robinson brings no value to the team! Special teamers are a dime a dozen, pro bowl alt doesn't mean pro bowl performer! SCREW the fact that he is an "awesome" gunner who sacrifices his body for the team, or that he can down punts near the goal line. The ONLY way a player isn't a waste of space is if he can contribute directly on offense or defense, with the exception of KR/PR.

While we're at it, get rid of Brian Jennings too! He's supposed to be a TE, but I've never seen him block OR catch a pass! How useless is that. Unless he's involved in the offense, he's a waste of space! I demand brilliance from all 53 players, as well as the PS players. THAT'S how you win a championship! Why Scotty Mac can't see that is a mystery to me.

Is there suppose to be 1 special teams captain on each team ?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

I think so. Assuming I was serious in the above post, I would argue that the returner would be the captain. If I were serious.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

Did Robinson make the pro bowl? NO! Could we have used production from our 3rd RB this season? YES! Sounds like a legitimate argument to me.

well its not a legitimate argument. its your opinion which is fine, however there is no actual argument behind it. he contributes just fine, overlooking his contributions is your choice. and talking about production out of our 3rd back when we are getting no production out of our 2nd back seems misguided.

a better solution would be to get better production from coffee or replace coffee. you should get used to MRob, as not only will he be back next year I seem to recall Raye wanting to expand his role next year. sorry doc (cool name btw) but thems the breaks.

I think so. Assuming I was serious in the above post, I would argue that the returner would be the captain. If I were serious.

I knew you were messing around but it had me thinking about that. I don't remember us having a special teams captain in the past or just don't remember who. Jeff Ulbrich ? Brian Jennings ? Otis Amey ? ()

I knew you were messing around but it had me thinking about that. I don't remember us having a special teams captain in the past or just don't remember who. Jeff Ulbrich ? Brian Jennings ? Otis Amey ? ()

Actually I don't think the whole captain's thing was that important until maybe two or three years ago when they started adding those "C" patches. Back then Captains just went to the coin toss I think. And I'm not sure who ours were. I think MRob has been ours for a while. Prolly replaced Rasheed Marshall
Share 49ersWebzone