LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Is anyone happy we didn't have a losing season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
@ all the armchair GM's that think they know more than the "clueless coach". Tell ya what, why don't you guys apply for their jobs, I mean if the Yorks are really as cheap as some of you claim, wouldn't they hire you guys just to save cash? Sometimes you guys crack me up.

You don't need to be an arm chair GM to notice that new coaches, teams with major turnover in personnel, and teams with 4 wins at one point keep lapping us no different than I don't need to be business savvy to realize that a well run business with people who know what they are doing will improve faster than one with people who don't know what they are doing, or pretend to know.

You don't need to be an armchair GM to know that 5 years of development for a position that is NOT the QB position is FAR too long and we seem to have an abundance of this type of development. Our players are taking far too long to develop.
Hard to believe its been 7.....7 years since we had a .500 or better record. So yes, I'm happy. A couple plays here and there and we could have been in the playoffs.

I feel much more confident this offseason than I did last offseaosn. Last year, we had a question mark at QB. This year, Smith is a solid--not spectacular, but he showed definite improvement--option at QB. We have great options at WR in Crabby and VD, who came into his own. Dashon Goldson appears to be a viable option at one of the safety spots. Spencer has become a great CB. We have a trio of ok pass-rushers now, which we didn't have last year. In short, there is much more substance to build upon this year than last year. This year, its our maturing players and 8-8 finish, not to mention being competitive in every game save 1 and 1 score from winning all but 2. Last year, we had Sing's rah-rah speeches and the return of the 'championship colors'.

Get OL help and a returner this draft/fa, and we'll be in business.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
@ all the armchair GM's that think they know more than the "clueless coach". Tell ya what, why don't you guys apply for their jobs, I mean if the Yorks are really as cheap as some of you claim, wouldn't they hire you guys just to save cash? Sometimes you guys crack me up.

You think these guys are always making intelligent decisions? Drafting Smith...couch...gasp...choke...the injured lineman from pittsburgh Marvin Lewis or whatever his name was.

I'd like to believe there are other people in this world that are able to make those decisions better without being in the NFL to do it. I do not chose to work in the NFL but sometimes I think I can make better decisions than Scotty...ummm Brandon Williams lol. Why hasn't he been able to build a good offensive line or anything that resembles an NFL offense?
sure
Originally posted by JMC52:
Im really happy, screw all the haters, 8-8 is a start, next year were winning the division. GO NINERS

Preach it!
  • Joe49er4life
  • Info N/A
8-8 is a huge step forward and i think a big boost of confidence to the team.. look for the niners to go into the playoffs next year.
well i was hoping to wear a niners hat that said "champs" of any sort on it......looks like i will have to sttle for one that says "at least we arent losers"
Originally posted by JMC52:
Im really happy, screw all the haters, 8-8 is a start, next year were winning the division. GO NINERS

Yeah our coach got 8 wins out of the talent on this team after gore missed like 3 or 4 games what a surprise! Go niners!
Originally posted by nflguy49:
We didn't have a winning season AND failed to make the playoffs. It's sad that this franchise has been run so badly into the ground by the Yorks that some fans now look at 8-8 and no playoffs as a good thing.

Exactly.... the yorks are horrendous and an embarrassment to San Francisco. The fact that they have managed to reduce expectations to such a level that many will celebrate some BS 8-8 record that only happened because we played even worse franchises than us is beyond pathetic.

If you support this garbage 8-8 record, I'm officially going on record and saying that I will not allow you to be a fan.
Originally posted by Joe49er4life:
8-8 is a huge step forward and i think a big boost of confidence to the team.. look for the niners to go into the playoffs next year.

The only reason we would get into the playoffs is because the NFC West is a complete and total joke.... It's called backing in. It's only because somebody from the NFC West has to go. This is not something to celebrate. We should show some class and decline a playoff berth if it comes to this.

Happy? No.

More relieved that "at least" we didn't. But I can't say I'm "happy" about missing the post-season and being .500.

I'll be happy if we make the playoffs. That's when I'll be happy. We have a lot to address and we better get it done this off-season.
I was just glad to go to some of the away games and get drunk and cheer on the NINERS!! Had the time of my life. Oh yeah glad we made 8-8 but expected better
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Well whether we're happy or not, 8-8 is as good as it gets with the Yorks as owners. It's been over 10 years since they took over and they still haven't figured out it takes smart football people in the front office to win in this league. We go through every offseason with the same weaknesses that never get addressed. Not having a losing record in '09 doesn't mean sh*t. Wins don't carry over into the next season. A promising 7-9 in '06 didn't get this franchise anywhere.

Wow. You're right it's been over 10 years. But apparently you don't think what was done with them as owners prior to '02 is worthy.

Look I am not saying you gotta like the Yorks but I think it's fans like you that lead the rest into believing they don't care.

We had winning seasons under their hand as well as bad seasons. Even under Eddie that was the case. The difference between then and now is that the Yorks have had to work mostly under a Cap system. Eddie D had a slight advantage in that regard. Nevermind that he DID guide us right into the Cap hell that we had to dig out of.

I hate the Yorks cause they stole the team. And they did. They refused to give it back to Eddie after the league let him come back. They were only custodial owners. Rather than let it tear his family apart Eddie sold them the team.

So quit with the Bull. Their wallet has always been open. We've just been so cash strapped Cap wise that solid FA players didn't want to come to this team. But now look. FA players are willing to play for this team.

That IS progress by it's very definition.

~Ceadder
  • sf49ersfan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Yes.
Share 49ersWebzone