LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Rice's HOF induction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sf49ersfan80
  • Info N/A
got my tickets, sitting in section 34, floor seats baby! Hell YA!
If the Niners are playing me & my son are there. I went to the 2000 HOF game vs Patriots. Got to meet a bunch of the players, get pictures & autographs. You are just a chain link fence away from the players. Its a good time even though its just preseason.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Who do you guys think will introduce him?

I think Montana and Young should fight it out, just as they did 20 years ago.

Has it been 20 years? Holy s**t!

John Taylor should do it. nobody ever thinks about it, but he did alot for Rice's career. you cant double/triple team Rice with a talent like Taylor across the field. very underrated player, and they were kind of our starting WR duo.
I live in Indy and I plan on going. Can't wait. Jerry was might favorite of all time.
Originally posted by sf49ersfan80:

umm not to burst ur bubble, but u so sure theres alot to be excited about being 60-70 yds away from the stage, on a flat terrain where u wont even be able to see the stage?? I logged in 3 hours after they went on sale, saw that are turned it down quick. I am row C in Section 12. I mean if ya like that im not gonna knock you. But from a fans perspective i dont think they are really something to be satisfied with sorry.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Pops and I talked about making the trip wold be cool
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fricker:

umm not to burst ur bubble, but u so sure theres alot to be excited about being 60-70 yds away from the stage, on a flat terrain where u wont even be able to see the stage?? I logged in 3 hours after they went on sale, saw that are turned it down quick. I am row C in Section 12. I mean if ya like that im not gonna knock you. But from a fans perspective i dont think they are really something to be satisfied with sorry.

what the eff? as a fan, i would just be thrilled to be there, no matter where the seats are. and if sf49ersfan80 is excited about his seats, let him be
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I think Montana and Young should fight it out, just as they did 20 years ago.

Has it been 20 years? Holy s**t!

John Taylor should do it. nobody ever thinks about it, but he did alot for Rice's career. you cant double/triple team Rice with a talent like Taylor across the field. very underrated player, and they were kind of our starting WR duo.

I heard Rice on Chronicle Live and he said that Eddie D is going to handle his introduction. He originally wanted Walsh. Something else to look forward to is a video that Walsh made for Rice during Walsh's last days. It is meant to be played during his HOF induction. Rice has not seen this video yet. Should be a very special one of a kind moment.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Probably Steve Young.

or Rich Gannon
  • sf49ersfan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Fricker:

what the eff? as a fan, i would just be thrilled to be there, no matter where the seats are. and if sf49ersfan80 is excited about his seats, let him be

Ya wtf anywere in that place will be great cause some the best players in 49ers history will be there! any seat is a good seat imo and im def excited, Aug 8th cant come faster lol

Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Probably Steve Young.

or Rich Gannon

Wow, I'd been checking into this thread off and on, kinda just observing what others were posting. Then I check and see you had to bring that up!

I grew up idolizing Rice and he was the reason I became a die-hard 49ers fan from a very young age! Rice and Young were THE 49ers to me and I couldn't imagine him playing for anybody else.

Then he left to go play for who other than the team I loath with a passion! I honestly lost all respect for the guy, the organization, and the NFL. That's when I learned that there were no loyalties in this league and the business side was more important than the love for the game. I felt betrayed. Kinda like when your girlfriend cheats on your or something! Kinda stupid, but true. I couldn't bare to even watch the team and stopped following them or football until the 05' season when they were in the dumps!

I know I'm rambling about my personal experience, but I wonder if others feel the same way about the guy??
  • sf49ersfan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Probably Steve Young.

or Rich Gannon

Wow, I'd been checking into this thread off and on, kinda just observing what others were posting. Then I check and see you had to bring that up!

I grew up idolizing Rice and he was the reason I became a die-hard 49ers fan from a very young age! Rice and Young were THE 49ers to me and I couldn't imagine him playing for anybody else.

Then he left to go play for who other than the team I loath with a passion! I honestly lost all respect for the guy, the organization, and the NFL. That's when I learned that there were no loyalties in this league and the business side was more important than the love for the game. I felt betrayed. Kinda like when your girlfriend cheats on your or something! Kinda stupid, but true. I couldn't bare to even watch the team and stopped following them or football until the 05' season when they were in the dumps!

I know I'm rambling about my personal experience, but I wonder if others feel the same way about the guy??

I grew up liking Rice also and he was the reason i started to like the niners but i got to say i didnt loose respect for him wen he went to the raiders. Dont get me wrong it sucked, but I think he earned the right to go to whichever team he wanted too. Also I never lost interest in the niners, and even bought a jerry rice raiders home and away jersey lol
making the drive up from carolina baby!!! it's awesome in canton. been there last yr. should be a blast this yr. solid class with rice, smith & brown as shoe ins!
Originally posted by Flash80:
Are any Zoners going to Canton for the HOF induction this year? I'm from the midwest, so all of my friends and family members are Vikings fans, so they have no interest in going, which means I will be making the trip solo. Just in case I get in a scuffle with a Cowpie fan, it would be nice to have some Zoner back up.

F Dallas
  • dald1
  • Veteran
my buddies n i r guna take a 10-12 hour drive there haha
Share 49ersWebzone