LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers to raise Ticket prices

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
My tickets are $84/seat for lower reserve. From the price chart it looks like the niner tics are in the upper half of the NFL pricing range.

The Niners ticket prices are $4 below the NFL average of $74.99, and their fan cost index is $36 below the NFL average.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
They froze 'em last year, so this was t be expected. Our ticket prices are still among the lowest in the league.

I was at the Bears 9ers game when the pass went through TO's hands and it was run back for a TD in OT yeah anyway those tix were like $55 after the stadium remodel you couldn't touch those same seats for under $85

The Niners are still below the NFL average for fan cost index. Our tickets cost half what the Cowboy's tickets do, and are almost $45 cheaper than the Patriots on the average. To put it in perspective...its more expensive to watch the Bucs play a game than it is to watch the Niners.

I have a really hard time believing that... Do you have a link to that info?

Sure.

You can find the '09 numbers here:

2009 NFL fan cost index

Okay, you are right that the Cowpukes and Patriots prices are extremely elevated, but you took the numbers out of context. It's true that it costs more to go see the Bucs than the 49ers, but it's also true that it costs more to see the 49ers than all the rest of these teams(5 of which were in the playoffs this year):

San Francisco 49ers* ---$70.55

Cincinnati Bengals --$69.85
Philadelphia Eagles*--$69.00
Houston Texans --$68.48
Pittsburgh Steelers --$67.47
Arizona Cardinals --$67.10
Detroit Lions --$65.72
Miami Dolphins --$65.61
Green Bay Packers --$63.39
Carolina Panthers --$63.32
Seattle Seahawks --$61.25
Oakland Raiders* --$62.23
New Orleans Saints* --$62.22
Tennessee Titans --$60.95
Jacksonville Jaguars --$57.34
Cleveland Browns --$54.65
Buffalo Bills --$51.24

That's 16 teams, which puts us right above the middle. I think there is a strong correlation between ticket prices and demographics, which is a bad sign for us. Expect to pay prices similar to the Bears, Giants, Colts, Chargers, etc. if we get a new stadium. It should be about a $15-$20 jump right off the bat, if not more.
They froze 'em last year, so this was t be expected. Our ticket prices are still among the lowest in the league.

I was at the Bears 9ers game when the pass went through TO's hands and it was run back for a TD in OT yeah anyway those tix were like $55 after the stadium remodel you couldn't touch those same seats for under $85

The Niners are still below the NFL average for fan cost index. Our tickets cost half what the Cowboy's tickets do, and are almost $45 cheaper than the Patriots on the average. To put it in perspective...its more expensive to watch the Bucs play a game than it is to watch the Niners.

Sure.

2009 NFL fan cost index

Okay, you are right that the Cowpukes and Patriots prices are extremely elevated, but you took the numbers out of context. It's true that it costs more to go see the Bucs than the 49ers, but it's also true that it costs more to see the 49ers than all the rest of these teams(5 of which were in the playoffs this year):

Houston Texans --$68.48
Detroit Lions --$65.72
Miami Dolphins --$65.61
Buffalo Bills --$51.24

That's 16 teams, which puts us right above the middle. I think there is a strong correlation between ticket prices and demographics, which is a bad sign for us. Expect to pay prices similar to the Bears, Giants, Colts, Chargers, etc. if we get a new stadium. It should be about a $15-$20 jump right off the bat, if not more.

You'll find that most teams in the lower 15 are quite often subject to blackouts in their home markets.

Now go into each of those markets you just listed and adjust for average household income per annum. You'll find that based on what we make here in the Bay Area, we get a pretty good deal for our tickets.

Will they go up? Sure. Should they? You bet. If we're gonna get a stadium, they better go up.

Sure.

2009 NFL fan cost index

Houston Texans --$68.48
Detroit Lions --$65.72
Miami Dolphins --$65.61
Buffalo Bills --$51.24

You'll find that most teams in the lower 15 are quite often subject to blackouts in their home markets.

Now go into each of those markets you just listed and adjust for average household income per annum. You'll find that based on what we make here in the Bay Area, we get a pretty good deal for our tickets.

Will they go up? Sure. Should they? You bet. If we're gonna get a stadium, they better go up.

from what got this season they should not go up! The sideline seats went up big time 2 seasons ago, the UR seats went down big time so its a trade off. when they do get the new stadium none of us will be able to afford them.

Sure.

2009 NFL fan cost index

Houston Texans --$68.48
Detroit Lions --$65.72
Miami Dolphins --$65.61
Buffalo Bills --$51.24

I don't thik you can just base it on annual income. Consider that overall living expense are much higher for Niners fans as compared to other cities.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Sure.

2009 NFL fan cost index

Houston Texans --$68.48
Detroit Lions --$65.72
Miami Dolphins --$65.61
Buffalo Bills --$51.24

I don't thik you can just base it on annual income. Consider that overall living expense are much higher for Niners fans as compared to other cities.

Add to that the fact that in the bay area, we make as much as 25%-50% more per household on average than places like Buffalo, Detroit, New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh.
www.sfexaminer.com/local/Niners-games-becoming-pricier-82030807.html
Originally posted by rapid4:

the writer got the 2009 costs wrong. It was $84 for some of the Lower Reserve seats (sde line seats not $98) and $98 for the side line Lower Box seats. Looks like a small hike in ticket prices. Dumb if you ask me tho.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Originally posted by samoan49er:
gotta flashy new house to build

more like, they have a lost "home-game" to make up for...

Has nothing to do with that. The league reimburses the Niners for the lost home game with the average revenue from their other 7 home games.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by rapid4:

the writer got the 2009 costs wrong. It was $84 for some of the Lower Reserve seats (sde line seats not $98) and $98 for the side line Lower Box seats. Looks like a small hike in ticket prices. Dumb if you ask me tho.

Yeah.

At 4%, that is only about $3-4 per ticket. Not a big deal. Also, we only have to buy 9 games this year, not 10.

Oops. I may have spoken too soon -

For 2010, the average price per game for season-ticket holders will increase by 4 percent to $74. Also, three new tiers will be added to the six already offered.

I'll bet that the cheap seats get cheaper while the expensive seats increase more than 4%.
Originally posted by samoan49er:
gotta flashy new house to build

more like, they have a lost "home-game" to make up for...

Ding Ding Ding.................Winner 49ers
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
My tickets are $84/seat for lower reserve. From the price chart it looks like the niner tics are in the upper half of the NFL pricing range.

The Niners ticket prices are $4 below the NFL average of $74.99, and their fan cost index is $36 below the NFL average.

Yea and our stadium is a toilet

Sure.

2009 NFL fan cost index

FACE!!!!
Originally posted by 49erJim:

you are right AJ, My buddy has Panthers season seats and theyare $198ea.

Sheattle tix are more. One reason why my broke a$$ don't get to go to 9er games there. On top of that if I want to get the game tix in advance I have to purchase a PSL AND have to buy Season tix.

I would buy the tix and sell the ones I would never use but figure a 10% reduction for each ticket at least if I went through the average tix outlet. So it would cost me $300 a tick to sit in a halfway decent spot. Me and my bro are 49ers fans an would love to take him. So anyone complainin should just be glad they are able to see home games. I haven't been to a game in forever.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone