LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Which coach would you rather NOT lose?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which coach would you rather NOT lose?

With the recent news that one of our coaches is being requested for an interview, who would you most NOT like to see leave?

I personally would not like to see Raye leave - it's a hard decision between him and Manusky. If Raye does leave, then I don't think that we're headed anywhere next year. I don't think Johnson is ready to step in as OC just yet.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 19, 2010 at 09:22:58 ]
foerster he has doen wonders with our O-line

[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jan 18, 2010 at 19:08:59 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
With the recent news that one of our coaches is being requested for an interview, who would you most NOT like to see leave?

I personally would not like to see Raye leave - it's a hard decision between him and Manusky. If Raye does leave, then I don't think that we're headed anywhere next year. I don't think Johnson is ready to step in as OC just yet.

-9fA

I would not like to lose Tomsula, Raye, Johnson, Manusky, Rathman. I would not feel too bad about any of the rest especially Forester and Sullivan
Manusky and Johnson I'd prefer to keep but everyone else is replaceable.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
foerster he has doen wonders with our O-line

johnson tomsula rathman or manusky
I guess I think that Tomsula can replace Manusky more easily than Johnson can replace Raye.

Yes I'm still scarred by Hostler.

-9fA
I don't wanna lose anyone right now!
Jimmy Raye. I would miss the dazzling three and outs and the stellar 27th ranked offense if god forbid he ever left.
Well to bring up a fine point here.

'05 McCarthy was a CRAPPY Coordinator for us. But people were SO enthralled with the return of the WCO that they wanted him to remain with us.

Oh guess what. Not in the cards cuz Green Bay is on the phone they want to speak with Mike McCarthy. Is he available? Sure is we don't stand in the way of a promotion.

How'd that turn out? Mike.

Maybe Foerster can be a better HC than he is a position coach. Cuz he sucks Donkey balls as an OL coach that's for sure.

One can only pray that he's the guy in the Bills crosshairs.

If he is I volunteer to take over til they find a better option.

~Ceadder
I guess I think that Tomsula can replace Manusky more easily than Johnson can replace Raye.

Yes I'm still scarred by Hostler.

-9fA

He scarred us all my friend. Worst offense across the board that I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:

-9fA

I would not like to lose Tomsula, Raye, Johnson, Manusky, Rathman. I would not feel too bad about any of the rest especially Forester and Sullivan

Not a guy on the staff, including Sing, that would be a difficult loss to overcome. Actually, it would probably be addition by subtraction if, and only if, Sing was not allowed to make the hire. Similar situation if we let Sing go. If Jed, Paraag and Scot were not involved in the hiring of the new head coach, we would be better for it.
Today? Manusky, definitely. I think he's a solid DC who could get better and better.

In the future, maybe Johnson becomes a star, that's what the team seems to think. But as of right now, I don't know enough about him to be worried about losing him. Apparently he has potential, but who knows? Manusky is basically proven his worth.

other than those guys and, for now, Sing, I think everyone is replaceable.
keep your fingers crossed

-9fA

isn't Sullivan WRs?
Johnson has evidently helped Smith and giving Smith stability is important--unless the team is going to draft a new QB (not likely).

Manusky would be easy to replace...who wouldn't want to coach the 9ers D (more blitz packages)? Raye is...stable but unimaginative.

Not in love with any of the assistants but with Singletary's gag rule in effect there is not much to base that on.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 19, 2010 at 00:46:29 ]
Share 49ersWebzone