There are 294 users in the forums

oh oh. Could we be losing Manusky?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Maybe someone wants to speak to Raye.

He would fulfill the Rooney rule for many teams.

Pathetic, but true. Hopefully that's all this is.

Maybe just nervous about Manusky.. he's done a good three years here, his former team is trompled in its own park, their HC vulnerable.

I wonder how much ol' Jimmy gets for a Rooney appearance. Five thou plus expenses?

Nah, maybe someone wants to speak with Johnson on a OC position or something. Doesn't have to be about a HC job.
PLease NO!!!
seriously what has our team done in the past 7 yrs to have other teams raid our coaching staff
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Maybe someone wants to speak to Raye.

He would fulfill the Rooney rule for many teams.

Pathetic, but true. Hopefully that's all this is.

Maybe just nervous about Manusky.. he's done a good three years here, his former team is trompled in its own park, their HC vulnerable.

I wonder how much ol' Jimmy gets for a Rooney appearance. Five thou plus expenses?

Nah, maybe someone wants to speak with Johnson on a OC position or something. Doesn't have to be about a HC job.

If it's an NFL team, then it does have to be about a HC job, per NFL rules. If a COLLEGE TEAM is the suitor instead, then no permission is required. Wasn't Rathman recently rumored to be a HC candidate at what was it, Fresno State?

Still I worry about Manusky.
First there is only the Bills Head coach job open right now and I am not sure if there are even any OC or DC job out there either. I think only the Miami DC position is open right now. SO I don't see us losing Munasky unless he is on the bills Radar.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
First there is only the Bills Head coach job open right now and I am not sure if there are even any OC or DC job out there either. I think only the Miami DC position is open right now. SO I don't see us losing Munasky unless he is on the bills Radar.

I wrote you a respone on the MM blog essentially saying your right, but when I submitted it, it didn't take.

Please, oh please, oh please, let Al Davis be crazy enough to want to take Jimmy Raye off our hands! We all expect Cable to be gone. Truth be told Manusky kind of fits that mold.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
seriously what has our team done in the past 7 yrs to have other teams raid our coaching staff

This. I really hope we don't lose any of our coaches
MattMaiocco tweet: Singletary said at least one team has requested permission to speak with 49ers assistant (he did not name name or team).

According to NFL rules, Singletary does not have to allow assistant coaches to interview with other teams unless they're being offered a head coaching position. Since it seems unlikely that Jimmy Raye, or any of the position coaches, would be considered for a head coaching spot, that leaves Greg Manusky.

I got a bad feeling about this. We knew Manusky was an up and comer when we hired him, but the way he's got the 49ers defense performing, it could come sooner than we like.

I sure hope your wrong and its just Heartburn thats giving you that bad feeling!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This pisses me off. How the heck do you have 6 straight losing seasons, but at the slightest glimmer of hope within our organization, teams are jocking our nuts (I do speak proper language, but thats that east coast slang) to take our coaches that have the potential. That why we're the best in the world. Our coaches need to step up and be loyal to us though too. Just because of player free agency, it doesnt mean you have to bolt from the team to take a promotion. Build within the team darnit. Look at the Colts.

Thanks for hearing me!

true.......IT HAPPENED with Marty, McCarthy both OC's now head coaches. Maybe it's the nfl teams not wanting us to become a dynasty again :) either way it sucks but hopefully won't happen
Buffalo or whoever will probably take Manusky. It never fails, when we finally get one unit playing well, they'll take one of our coaches(see Norv Turner 2006).

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Buffalo or whoever will probably take Manusky. It never fails, when we finally get one unit playing well, they'll take one of our coaches(see Norv Turner 2006).

they said chan gailey was going to get the job
Maybe some really stupid team wants to interview Foerster... Yeah, we could only wish.

I think it's Mike Johnson, being interviewed for an OC spot.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This pisses me off. How the heck do you have 6 straight losing seasons, but at the slightest glimmer of hope within our organization, teams are jocking our nuts (I do speak proper language, but thats that east coast slang) to take our coaches that have the potential. That why we're the best in the world. Our coaches need to step up and be loyal to us though too. Just because of player free agency, it doesnt mean you have to bolt from the team to take a promotion. Build within the team darnit. Look at the Colts.

Thanks for hearing me!

Nobody wants to see the 9ers dominant again. Not that we're close but when you see a successful coach on the 9ers and have an ache from being bent over by this team repeatedly during the 80s' and 90s' you'll do everything you can do circumvent any success before it gets out of hand.

That's why.

I'm not happy about that but it's true.

And to some degree this team has shot themselves in the foot with an Elephant gun a few times as well.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Maybe some really stupid team wants to interview Foerster... Yeah, we could only wish.

I think it's Mike Johnson, being interviewed for an OC spot.

it's either Johnson or Manusky

promote Johnson to assistant coach or some s**t
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Hopefully Raye!!!

One could only hope!!!
Share 49ersWebzone