LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

oh oh. Could we be losing Manusky?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A
MattMaiocco tweet: Singletary said at least one team has requested permission to speak with 49ers assistant (he did not name name or team).

According to NFL rules, Singletary does not have to allow assistant coaches to interview with other teams unless they're being offered a head coaching position. Since it seems unlikely that Jimmy Raye, or any of the position coaches, would be considered for a head coaching spot, that leaves Greg Manusky.

I got a bad feeling about this. We knew Manusky was an up and comer when we hired him, but the way he's got the 49ers defense performing, it could come sooner than we like.
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
MattMaiocco tweet: Singletary said at least one team has requested permission to speak with 49ers assistant (he did not name name or team).

According to NFL rules, Singletary does not have to allow assistant coaches to interview with other teams unless they're being offered a head coaching position. Since it seems unlikely that Jimmy Raye, or any of the position coaches, would be considered for a head coaching spot, that leaves Greg Manusky.

I got a bad feeling about this. We knew Manusky was an up and comer when we hired him, but the way he's got the 49ers defense performing, it could come sooner than we like.

He'll be back!
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:

ya um that would suck if we did lose him hopefully he will stay
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Well, if he goes we just bring Nolan in to be our defensive coach.
Originally posted by Chief:

this just would never happen, even if it'd be logical.

i don't think we'll lose manusky!! or i hope not.
maybe mike johnson
  • Veteran
Hopefully Raye!!!
I just wrote on Matt Maiocco's blog that our choice for Special Teams coach seemed to be an odd one and his interview made me even more suspecious. He mentioned going to Texas A&M and a few other colleges to learn more about the Spread offense and how to defend it. What? That just tells me either he will be one and done with us or maybe he is an insurance policy if Manusky leaves, considering most of his years coach is at the DC position. WHo knows, but if Manusky leaves it wouldn't be the first time we've been screwed.
Originally posted by Chief:

His defenses seems to start out like gangbusters but peeters out at the end.
He did it with the 49er's and again in Denver. If the 49er's take him back as their DC, get ready to witness same!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 18, 2010 at 18:33:59 ]
This pisses me off. How the heck do you have 6 straight losing seasons, but at the slightest glimmer of hope within our organization, teams are jocking our nuts (I do speak proper language, but thats that east coast slang) to take our coaches that have the potential. That why we're the best in the world. Our coaches need to step up and be loyal to us though too. Just because of player free agency, it doesnt mean you have to bolt from the team to take a promotion. Build within the team darnit. Look at the Colts.

Thanks for hearing me!

Maybe someone wants to speak to Raye.

He would fulfill the Rooney rule for many teams.

Oh man, why does this always happen to the niners?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

We can't stop coaches from interviewing HC gigs.

Singletary can stop them from interviewing for parallel positions. ie. OC to OC.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 18, 2010 at 18:52:33 ]

Be sure to tell them to talk lound into his ear.
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A

Pathetic, but true. Hopefully that's all this is.

Maybe just nervous about Manusky.. he's done a good three years here, his former team is trompled in its own park, their HC vulnerable.

I wonder how much ol' Jimmy gets for a Rooney appearance. Five thou plus expenses?
Share 49ersWebzone