There are 304 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kurt Schottenheimer named ST coach

Originally posted by Niners99:
apparently Singletary said "Al Everest did a fine job as ST coor., but his contract was not renewed for personal reasons" he wouldnt elaborate, but said "its something Al has to take care of."

maybe he had a drinking problem or something...

LOL, I would too if I had to coach this team!!!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Any time you can add a coach with Schottenheimer's experience, it's a good thing. Too soon to tell if there's another underlying reason...i.e. if Coach thinks Manusky's "hot" to get another job. Having that kind of coaching background sure doesn't hurt...gives Singletary plenty of options and an opportunity to hire from within, if the situation presents itself.

Agree
Originally posted by tohara3:
Any time you can add a coach with Schottenheimer's experience, it's a good thing. Too soon to tell if there's another underlying reason...i.e. if Coach thinks Manusky's "hot" to get another job. Having that kind of coaching background sure doesn't hurt...gives Singletary plenty of options and an opportunity to hire from within, if the situation presents itself.

Agree

A positive post about this move?? No way....

Gonna have to give this guy a chance. He has a lot of experience, has worked with some pretty good players, in all three phases of the game. How exactly is that a bad thing? If his job is only to focus on Special Teams now, this could be a blessing in disguise people.
we are so f**king cheap!!!!!

We should have offered 10 million to Bellicheat to leave the Patriots and coach our special teams.

Or 9 million to Fisher to leave the Titans
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Oh no its more of the same, the sky is falling ahhhhhHHH!!!!!!!

once again all that really matters is a solid oline with improved qb play = playoffs

you guys whine over the lamest s**t sometimes

Its not like this guy is going to return punts for us

he said he wasn't interested in a jitterbug-style return man who dances around the field. Like Raye in the running game, Schottenheimer said he's "always liked a guy that can find the lane and hit the hole."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/01/return-man-high.html

Wow 10 pages on the ST coach. Incredible.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:12:06 ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:

not really that incredible because there is a 40 page thread on Kory Sheets
Originally posted by valrod33:

He actually played on the team (practiced) at one point and in games. I understand the excitement over sheets..... not a ST coach in a season where the OL was the primary problem.

He actually played on the team (practiced) at one point and in games. I understand the excitement over sheets..... not a ST coach in a season where the OL was the primary problem.

C'mon you guys know Niner Talk isn't the same unless u

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:22:03 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

C'mon you guys know Niner Talk isn't the same unless u

For all we know, you may be on to something? That is where I think HC Singletary deserves some credit. He (unlike Mike Nolan) appears to have a backup plan in place if changes happen in the future. We have options with coaches on the staff who can step in if needed.
This is probly already posted in here, but I thought we had it set in Spical teams coach... I remember it was our spical team's that kept us in the Vicking game. Talk about a block right, and when we need it, but I guess just finding a return man wasnt enough.
Conference Call: New ST Coordinator Kurt Schottenheimer (AUDIO)
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Sing likes to do things his way. He doesnot hire the top rated coach available. Our ST sucked last year and it was sings fauld for releasing Rossum and that guy that ended up returning one for a TD for Tampa Bay