LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

49ers playing home game in London

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Im in Ireland. Will have to get tickets for this one

Yes, my fellow rowdy Irish 9er fans will bring the noise to Wembley!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Those bloody wankers are not going appreciate our niners.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Does this mean we have to go back to Philly? I would have rather played Philly in Wembley. This a home game correct? Thank you Goodell for making us the first non East Coast team to have to go to London.

no. we get Philly at Candlestick this year.

FYI

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/15/broncos-49ers-to-play-in-london-in-2010
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
f**k YOU NOLAN

You know he's gonna blitz the s**t out of Alex Smith.

He might even tell his players to go after that repaired shoulder.

Yeah...sounds like something that Nolan would do.
I don't think either team should lose the home game.

1) Neither team wears a similar color. Orange is not the same as Cherry Red. Unless you're color blind anyway. Only the whites come close, and even then you'd have to be stupid to confuse the two.

2) The games could have been aligned to be away games on their schedules. But of course the NFL which never plans ahead** doesn't think proactively.

3) It's not fair to the owners or the fans that support the teams. I have no problems with the NFL wanting to expand their market but it should not be at the expense of the market they ALREADY have.

Goodell is an idiot, so far as I have been concerned for awhile now. We can only hope that neither plane goes down over the Atlantic.

And both teams should have a 2nd Bye week to adjust to the time differential. Insane that this kind of game can't be played the first game or the last game of the season. I like the 1st game actually. That way the teams are relatively fresh enough to bounce back with little difficulty.

But neither team that plays in what is CLEARLY an Away venue, should lose the Home game. Freakin Goodell the jaggoff.

~Ceadder
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

f**k yeah! Gonna get completely drunk and probably get kicked out! Cant wait

10/10 for ignorance.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I don't think either team should lose the home game.

1) Neither team wears a similar color. Orange is not the same as Cherry Red. Unless you're color blind anyway. Only the whites come close, and even then you'd have to be stupid to confuse the two.

2) The games could have been aligned to be away games on their schedules. But of course the NFL which never plans ahead** doesn't think proactively.

3) It's not fair to the owners or the fans that support the teams. I have no problems with the NFL wanting to expand their market but it should not be at the expense of the market they ALREADY have.

Goodell is an idiot, so far as I have been concerned for awhile now. We can only hope that neither plane goes down over the Atlantic.

And both teams should have a 2nd Bye week to adjust to the time differential. Insane that this kind of game can't be played the first game or the last game of the season. I like the 1st game actually. That way the teams are relatively fresh enough to bounce back with little difficulty.

But neither team that plays in what is CLEARLY an Away venue, should lose the Home game. Freakin Goodell the jaggoff.

~Ceadder

so how do you really feel?
  • evil
  • Veteran

f**k yeah! Gonna get completely drunk and probably get kicked out! Cant wait

The Guinness and Jameson will be flowing!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

10/10 for ignorance.

Ok maybe 10% of the bloody wankers will appreciate.

Chill out and go smoke a f*g.
Got to love the fans who are pissed that they are losing a home game. If you were a 9er fan living in England you wouldn't be complaining. It's a costly trip for them to come over here to see the 9ers play. I can understand from a season ticket holders perspective that they are losing a game, but it's only 1 game, not an annual thing.

FWIW I'm happy for you guys over in England (and Europe). Hope you come out in droves for the game and enjoy it!

I'm mad cause Goodell is an idiot that cannot think ahead. He's a knee jerk reactionary. I hate knee jerk reactionaries.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Got to love the fans who are pissed that they are losing a home game. If you were a 9er fan living in England you wouldn't be complaining. It's a costly trip for them to come over here to see the 9ers play. I can understand from a season ticket holders perspective that they are losing a game, but it's only 1 game, not an annual thing.

FWIW I'm happy for you guys over in England (and Europe). Hope you come out in droves for the game and enjoy it!

I'm mad cause Goodell is an idiot that cannot think ahead. He's a knee jerk reactionary. I hate knee jerk reactionaries.

~Ceadder

What exactly is Goodell knee jerk reacting to?

-9fA
Major thumbs down.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Does this mean we have to go back to Philly? I would have rather played Philly in Wembley. This a home game correct? Thank you Goodell for making us the first non East Coast team to have to go to London.

no. we get Philly at Candlestick this year.

Your right, my bad. Either way it sucks because we lose a home game.

They should make a better team like the Colts go over there.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:53:00 ]
Share 49ersWebzone