LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

49ers unfortunately up for play of the year on NFL.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers unfortunately up for play of the year on NFL.com

Sadly I'm going to have to go with Favres TD pass to beat the Niners. I was at the game and I've never seen anything like it. Wish I had earplugs after they ruled it a TD.

NFL.com link

Pic related...me before utter fail with a trolling Pack fan

[ Edited by GoldenIowa49er on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:37:51 ]
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
The play that will NEVER go away!!! Damn u Favre!!!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dreskee:

Must you bring this back up, it was a very painful event.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I blame Singletary for that play. He chose to keep running it even when we couldn't get more then 2 yards a carry. We had opportunities to win that game by just getting a first down. I hate it when coaches get conservative in those situations. He should have known we are playing one of the best Qbs of all time. More than likely in those situations you get beat when you coach like a p***y.

Looking back on the situation Im glad we lost in that manner. Hopefully going forward it will teach him to be more aggressive in his game plan.
Originally posted by susweel:

I blame Singletary for that play. He chose to keep running it even when we couldn't get more then 2 yards a carry. We had opportunities to win that game by just getting a first down. I hate it when coaches get conservative in those situations. He should have known we are playing one of the best Qbs of all time. More than likely in those situations you get beat when you coach like a p***y.

Looking back on the situation Im glad we lost in that manner. Hopefully going forward it will teach him to be more aggressive in his game plan.

I agree with you, but I don't see that happening. He had the rest of the season to fix that about his Coaching style and hasn't so I don't see it happening now. It's more a won't than a can't type of issue.

~Ceadder
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by susweel:

I agree with you, but I don't see that happening. He had the rest of the season to fix that about his Coaching style and hasn't so I don't see it happening now. It's more a won't than a can't type of issue.

~Ceadder

I agree with you on that. Its one of the reasons why I think that we will be no better then a middle of the pack team with him at head coach.
To me it was a freak occurence...you just don't see that every day...even though it was Farve that threw it
i guess that was his payback for the 1998 wild card.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Geez karma is a b**ch!
I think the broncos play was the a much crazier and less likely to ever happen the someone getting behind mark roman.

No, it was payback for last year. It was the first time we EVER beat Favre in the regular season, so this year he's screwed us 3 times so far in return. I'm expecting Favre to screw us for a fourth time by keeling over to the girls this weekend.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

No, it was payback for last year. It was the first time we EVER beat Favre in the regular season, so this year he's screwed us 3 times so far in return. I'm expecting Favre to screw us for a fourth time by keeling over to the girls this weekend.

Seriously, he beats us and then loses to AZ and Carolina. Who's pumped for the "Who Do You Hate More Bowl"?
Share 49ersWebzone