LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not until we have a cool alternate uniform
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We need all black alt uni's.

Thank You!!!!
I don't know about ALL black, but a black jersey with red numbers and stripes would be SICK!
I think everyone that wants black alternates is secretly a Raiders fan.

This isnt Madden. Its not about what would look super cool, its about a classic uniform and colors not needing any help.

Can you imagine the Packers wearing black alternates? It would be a crime against great uniforms, and the same goes for us.
I think they should make a uniform with SF Giants colors and change the SF on the helmet to the Giants SF. Jk, im bored. But that would actually be cool to see just for the fun of it. If I knew how to photoshop, I would try it
The Packers would look F'n stupid in black jerseys lol. Its not like we'd wear it the whole season. You guys act like we'd be completely ditching our current unis. The Eagles have white, green, and black jerseys. The Ravens have purple, white and black. They look awesome too. I'm telling you, if we busted out with a black jersey, it would be Fu**Ing EPIC bro!
  • CMIO
Originally posted by Niners99:
I think everyone that wants black alternates is secretly a Raiders fan.

This isnt Madden. Its not about what would look super cool, its about a classic uniform and colors not needing any help.

Can you imagine the Packers wearing black alternates? It would be a crime against great uniforms, and the same goes for us.

Not Raiders fans, but I do believe the black jersey crowd represents the new-aged post SB era fan base that grew up with logos like the Toronto Raptors, Jacksonville Jaguars, Carolina Panthers, etc. All about flash, looking cool, hip hop fresh ya know.

How exactly a black jersey represents the 49ers is beyond me, except that it would "cool" on game day. Teams with stories histories don't don alternate jerseys that are cool...they don uniforms that represent who they were or where they come from. The only teams donning comical uniforms are those that either don't have a history or are too embarrassed to bring up their own history.

No to black. Yes to the 1994 SB jerseys.
the packers do have navy blue alternates, though
I've been a 9er since 88, and I'm a black jersey lobbyist. Yeah the packers do have navy blue alternate jerseys and they look wack as hell. First of all, we need an alternate jersey. Why does everybody get to be festive and cool at least once a year? And we go with the same red and gold every game. One time a season, a black jersey with red numbers and stripes would not make Bill Walsh rollover in his grave. I'm just saying though.

[ Edited by Bluesbro on Jan 14, 2015 at 9:12 AM ]

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

These are crimes against Nature. They are bad and you should feel bad.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I do like the Crabtree one. Those are clean! But black jersey would look cool. It's the 21st century, what's bad about looking cool? Lol. Go 9ers,
Okay guys -- look, the niners are NEVER going to get black uniforms. You need to get over that. I'm in brand management & strategy and if the 49ers front office has any sense their not just going to create black uniforms because a few young people, gangsters and/or guys with bad taste like it and think it looks cool. I mean really? What would the REASON be for black besides the personal preference of a select few. You have to stay loyal to the history and culture of the brand. Black has nothing to do with gold mining at all. MAYBE I could see the all gold uniforms, but their atrocious and ugly. Despite the 49er organization embracing technology, they are very traditional when it comes to their brand which includes their uniforms & logo. Cowboys, Bears, Packers, Browns and 49ers likely will never change a whole lot. It's not their brand/personality.

If you like black, buy a knock off jersey on eBay for $20.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jan 14, 2015 at 11:46 AM ]
black zip-up guido tracksuits that show off the players hairy chests....

#TeamTomsula
http://butattheendoftheday.com/2012/04/03/nike-already-working-on-trying-to-add-throwbacks-and-alternates-for-nfl-teams/

the black jersey uniform set here is awesome
Share 49ersWebzone