LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dicking around in Photoshop awhile back and came up with a gold uni variant.

The white is what makes our uniforms pop. The gold just blends it all together with the helmet and pants. Not ugly, but not a good look imo.

Florida State uniform lol
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I like the black and red number practice jersey Kap wears.

Some people on here think it's ugly but that's ok I think their girlfriend or wife is ugly. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dicking around in Photoshop awhile back and came up with a gold uni variant.

The issue you run into is that having two dark colors would make it really hard to see on TV. The red would overshadow the gold and drown it out.

You need contrasting colors, which is why the red and white work so well (white contrasts with any dark color).
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by prime21:
Either way, I think having an alternate is better than not having one, and at least our throwbacks look cool unlike the Steelers, Eagles or Packers. It would be cool to see us suited up in a different uni for at least a couple games a season. New coach, new alternate uniform, makes sense to me.

Why does there need to be an alternate? Great uniforms dont need alternates.

If they wore the 1994 drop shadow alternates once or twice a year id be down with that. But we dont need to force a new 3rd uniform.

agreed.

i found some random PDF of upcoming Nike uniforms for the NFL and it had the Browns and Niners locked so that you couldn't see them.

there simply is no need in the world for any changes to Niner uniforms.

there is a great need for a play call to get in with 20 sec left on the play clock though. this is where all attention should be.
Originally posted by Crown:
agreed.

i found some random PDF of upcoming Nike uniforms for the NFL and it had the Browns and Niners locked so that you couldn't see them.

there is a great need for a play call to get in with 20 sec left on the play clock though. this is where all attention should be.

Holy SH*t this!!! That could solve a couple of our problems just by not having to rush the snap in order to avoid a delay EVERY SINGLE play of the game. I do wish they never would have changed the uniforms in 2010 or whenever they did. Or was it 09? Either way I think the uniforms they had before they changed were the best looking NFL uniforms ever...and I don't think that because Im a Niner fan those uniforms were sick as f*ck regardless!
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
agreed.

Holy SH*t this!!! That could solve a couple of our problems just by not having to rush the snap in order to avoid a delay EVERY SINGLE play of the game. I do wish they never would have changed the uniforms in 2010 or whenever they did. Or was it 09? Either way I think the uniforms they had before they changed were the best looking NFL uniforms ever...and I don't think that because Im a Niner fan those uniforms were sick as f*ck regardless!

really? dang...I hated those uniforms. The ones we have now are by far the best uniforms the niners have ever worn in my opinion. Just clean and simple. I would like to see what Nike could do with them if we gave them free reign on coming up w/ a new design though. I'm sure it would be pretty creative.

1994 throwbacks + shanahan offense

/thread
agreed.

I do know browns will be gettig a new look. They talked about it last yr
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
We need all black alt uni's.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/thread

This.

Now /thread

I don't invision the 49ers ever letting Nike do something creative with our uniforms. We still want to pretend that we are the 49ers of the 80's. Lol
  • CMIO
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/thread

This.

Now /thread

This.This.

Now/thread
I like the 94 throwbacks, the 65 throwbacks, black jersey red numbers, our previous unis dark red black shadow gold trim, and our current/80s style uni. We should have a version of each of these as an alternate throughout the next few seasons. Kind of like how Oregon has like 100 different uniforms but on a much smaller scale. I think the black jersey with red numbers is f'n cool! Keep the rest of the uni the same and flip the jersey to black.
The '94s just make so much sense as an alternate. Just for the hell of it they should use the striped socks version from earlier version in 1994. Would just be a cool set to break out around thanksgiving every year or when playing dallas at home.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 10, 2015 at 12:39 PM ]
this thread will never die
Share 49ersWebzone